1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

Agree Harry but therein lies the problem.

Your second post immediately cancels your first i.e. Brown would not fit into the latter category. In fact, not many would. You are, by default, limiting your "talent pool" to select from.

Just because Brown has (we assume) always managed under "normal" English circumstances in the past doesn't mean he wouldn't be open to working on AL's terms..

I wasn't saying I wanted him anyway, just commenting that he might be ok for us if he was to come 

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

You can imagine they're a bit baffled about the level of objection towards it. 

I mean it is doomed to fail but at least if they are straight with the patsy beforehand everyone knows where they stand.

It's probably a job for a youngun' at the moment given the circumstances.

12 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Phil Brown has shown interest in the gig at least a couple of times before but I suspect he would want a bit of a budget to work with, like many of the other potential candidates.  He was in the running for the job before LJ got the nod but wanted a fair wedge as a bonus for avoiding relegation hence why Corney turned to LJ.

And I too would take him over the likes of Clark and Coyle.

He'd deserve a fair wedge for avoiding relegation next season.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Do we not need to get beyond this now?

It's what's going to happen. 

Surely we NEED a manager who'll be alright being told what to do a lot by the owners and get on with the rest of his job.....? 

But he will fail.

That's the problem, I'd be ok if the clown(s) interference was going to deliver success but it won't. We've gone through 4 managers now trying this and each has ended in failure.

It was Albert Einstein who once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Brown's an absolute weapon but he'd probably be alright if he was our absolute weapon.... 

Nah, he'd still be an absolute weapon.

I'd like someone with a bit more experience than our recent appointments but not someone with that much dinosaurism in them.

14 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Yeah. He was ‘unveiled’ at the end of season awards do. 

Coincidentally right in the middle of when Barry's legal team who normally vet social media 24/7 were all on holiday #legend

4 hours ago, beag_teeets said:

Nah, he'd still be an absolute weapon.

I'd like someone with a bit more experience than our recent appointments but not someone with that much dinosaurism in them.

After the failures of the new breeds in recent years  bring back the dinosaurs I say.

The only new breed we've had is Johnson, the rest were Corney praying for lightning to strike twice.

We've been crying out for some experience in the dugout, needs it with the madness going on. Maybe we just go for the continental style and have AL buying and picking with a 1st team coach telling them where to kick it on match day?

Or sew a couple of epaulettes on Barry's red fleece, grab a whip and let a proper ringmaster have a crack?

Andries Jonker... where’s the rumour come from?  Ineffective at Wolfsburg, right time/right place at Bayern under Van Gaal and a very , very patchy managerial record. 

He lasted two seasons headed Arsenal’s academy but majority saw this as a failure too.  Quite an abrasive character, falling out why Wenger and this led to his departure.  Spent quite a fortune there too.

Granted it could be £5 placed but where’s the name come from in the first place?

Fucking bonkers, our club.