Peter Clarke

37 minutes ago, disjointed said:

This, for all the clamour about selling George, I think its fair to say that George wasn't our best central defender last season. 

True but we let the best defender go for nowt!!

Edited by losesome

22 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Most improved though

I dont disagree, Clarkey set the standard though, and apart from a couple of brain fart moments maintained that standard all season. Big loss IMO.

Edited by disjointed

In an ideal world &/or under normal circumstances (I know, I know) we’d be looking to replace Clarke with a slightly younger version - either at CB or CM - I.e. experienced, leader, quality player on his way down from a higher level due to age. Probably out of contract. 

Anyone know of any players out there that would fit the bill? 

Or is this an archaic English concept that sees us held back by having an old man on the downgrade in the side rather than someone younger who has far more potential to both improve us as a team and be sold for decent money?  

Edited by HarryBosch

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

In an ideal world &/or under normal circumstances (I know, I know) we’d be looking to replace Clarke with a slightly younger version - either at CB or CM - I.e. experienced, leader, quality player on his way down from a higher level due to age. Probably out of contract. 

Anyone know of any players out there that would fit the bill? 

Or is this an archaic English concept that sees us held back by having an old man on the downgrade in the side rather than someone younger who has far more potential to both improve us as a team and be sold for decent money?  

We need both someone experienced as you say, and a young player with potential. Neither Hamer or Iacovitti are up to it without someone with experience next to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Should be the media team’s duty to carry out social media posts, not the board. Can’t imagine Barry saying ‘You must not make a specific tweet about Clarke’

I know i criticised Sam in the past but christ bring him back.

We know the owner is a control freak. There is no way the media guys will be able to off message. 

• Like 1

It would be normal behaviour to send out a goodwill message for the future to a well regarded menber of staff in any walk of life. Instead we have silence.This regime has no class and prefers confrontation. Indeed they have BO to help with that style of confrontational behaviour as witnessed by his interview on Radio Manchester this week. Every time that guy opens his mouth in public his egocentric,self serving personality shines through Come on AL at least pretend to be on the same wavelength as the Fan and acknowledge Peter Clarke's contribution to the club over the last few years.

P.S. has no one had the balls to point out to him that we are Fans not Fan,presumably a sacking offence.

• Like 1

Just now, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Abdallah is a muppet. He talks about connecting with fans and that football is nothing without fans and yet he treats the fans with nothing but contempt 

A trait he shares with Owen which going forward doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Baxter deserves one a lot more than Branger and Benteke do and when you compare the salaries he deserves one more than Maouche aswell.

I thought we were talking about a social media goodbye with fanfare and kisses?  Not contracts? 

But even if we were talking about contracts its debatable.  Been a let down for me.

Edited by kowenicki

5 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

It would be normal behaviour to send out a goodwill message for the future to a well regarded menber of staff in any walk of life. Instead we have silence.This regime has no class and prefers confrontation. Indeed they have BO to help with that style of confrontational behaviour as witnessed by his interview on Radio Manchester this week. Every time that guy opens his mouth in public his egocentric,self serving personality shines through Come on AL at least pretend to be on the same wavelength as the Fan and acknowledge Peter Clarke's contribution to the club over the last few years.

P.S. has no one had the balls to point out to him that we are Fans not Fan,presumably a sacking offence.

Barry is the uncle knobhead of Oldham Athletic. He's that embarrassing family member who talks crap but you have to put up with him because he's family. Unfortunately we are stuck with him.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Peter Clarke to Salford apparently, rumoured to be confirmed this afternoon. 

What a signing that is 😡😡

Could be the biggest dropped bollock of all time....Thanks AL!

Edited by oafc1955

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Even Scholes might be arsed to go watch them now.....

On a serious note it's thoroughly depressing if true. 

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Might get someone better, maybe Stott will come in and do well.

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Reliably told that the signing Salford are announcing today isn't Clarke...