Doncaster (A)

I expected Fulham to smash us and went to enjoy the day and visit a new ground, Donny is about as repetitive as we could get as we have played them 2535 times in the last 8 years..The game doesnt have the same feel as the Fulham one and the excitement isnt there this time for me, just hope we are competitive and still in the game by 60 mins to give us a chance..

3 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

I expected Fulham to smash us and went to enjoy the day and visit a new ground, Donny is about as repetitive as we could get as we have played them 2535 times in the last 8 years..The game doesnt have the same feel as the Fulham one and the excitement isnt there this time for me, just hope we are competitive and still in the game by 60 mins to give us a chance..

Agree. On this, do you think the familiarity of the fixture will affect our atmosphere? As in, we were mint against Fulham and the best I’ve been involved in with Latics but doubt we’ll be up for it just as much with it being Donny? Even though by league and form we’re underdogs massively, I don’t think our away following will feel and sound as though we’re underdogs

It’s so so disappointing to be playing a very winnable 4th round away tie in front of nearly 4K Latics fans with such a threadbare and weakened squad.

We have the potential here of a really big pay day if we could win....I just can’t understand AL’s apathy towards this game and if we start badly it could become really embarrassing☹️

29 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Agree. On this, do you think the familiarity of the fixture will affect our atmosphere? As in, we were mint against Fulham and the best I’ve been involved in with Latics but doubt we’ll be up for it just as much with it being Donny? Even though by league and form we’re underdogs massively, I don’t think our away following will feel and sound as though we’re underdogs

Atmosphere will be dependent on how the game pans out, Fulham with 100% commitment and it could be special, a performance that is reminiscent of Carlisle or Macclesfield and it could turn ugly. Fingers crossed they turn up.

Weird times

By Tuesday evening at that historic footballing location, er, Milton Keynes, our season could be effectively over and the recriminations and pessimism in full swing....or, we could be back in touching distance of the play-offs and awaiting ticket details for the 6,000 of us heading to Arsenal in the 5th round...

27 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Genuinely stunned that we haven't seen at least one signing, could get ugly on and off the pitch.

You are absolutely right, but it isn't inconceivable that we have already made at least one signing and waiting until Friday to announce it like we did last week...

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

I still find this Surridge situation puzzling.

He did really well with us and got recalled but he hasn't gone anywhere else. Bournemouth don't seem inclined to play him. Would have thought there would be no shortage of teams willing to give him a go as he is a proven goal scorer.

He’s coming back..

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s so so disappointing to be playing a very winnable 4th round away tie in front of nearly 4K Latics fans with such a threadbare and weakened squad.

Benteke might be back according to PW's iFollow interview.

Ibby says we're trying to get Zoko in from Yeovil :grin:

No chance that Pete Wild actually will because he likes 2 defensive mids and AL insists on Branger playing left wing but with the threadbare nature of our squad I’d be playing 5-3-2/3-5-2 with Dummigan/Hunt & Nepo as wing backs, Missilou, Sylla & Baxter in the middle with Vera & Lang up top 

Vera & Sylla are that poor though that I actually wish O’Grady was back and If staying 4-2-3-1 I would consider playing Hamer in place of Sylla (Wellens said last season that he wanted to play Hamer there)

13 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Yet the rush for tickets was huge did we ever even take 1800 to Donny in the league?

The reason is the reward is a place in the 5th round of the FA cup. This is worth more than a routine fixture in league 1 where the reward was securing our survival for 1 more year. For that reason aswell the atmosphere should be better.