Protests

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

An outsider looking in would probably say, ridiculous recruitment policy aside, what have you got to complain about?

Point them in the direction of a relegation pissed of former players employees. Paul Scholes interview on BT sport, Mike Keegans articles andvthe league table.

Unless ofcourse you are playing your usual game again, in which case you agree with it all and are just disagreeing on here for the sheer hell of it.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

Whate your view? Happy to lay back and watch the club die? 

I didn't renew, haven't been this season, not sure when I will next go. The only way to properly protest is by hitting them in the pocket - which was season ticket time.

I would guess he made about c£500k from renewals (2000 at average of £250). That, plus the George money, EFL funds mean he's going nowhere for the foreseeable, and a few chants of "Abdallah Out" won't change that. 

Alternatively, you get the wider support of the football community and hope that will smoke them out: but Blackpool, Cov, Charlton, Bolton show that is a hard slog and not guaranteed. 

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

An outsider looking in would probably say, ridiculous recruitment policy aside, what have you got to complain about?

Even an outsider can see being bottom of the entire Football League is something to complain about. 

Protests outside the main entrance 6pm onwards. Get there and make it clear who we want out. 

It’s alright people saying don’t go but at least turn up outside show your anger towards the owners. 

Start with tuesdays game leaving it till a week on Saturday is too late. 

People from twitter already have large ‘abdallah out’ banners. Make your voice heard. Time to show how serious we are about what they are doing to us. 

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Protesting cos you are a bit shit just makes you look entitled as a fanbase.

The time to go was the Mansfield game and with season ticket renewals, 2000 were obviously happy enough then.

We have had no success whatsoever for the best part of 3 decades. I wouldn't be too worried about coming across as feeling entitled to be honest.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Even an outsider can see being bottom of the entire Football League is something to complain about. 

Never thought I`d say it but I think I am slowly reaching the conclusion that the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham does not deserve a professional football team. 

Let's be honest, very few in the football world would bat an eyelid (for more than a fleeting moment) if we disappeared into obscurity. That's how low this regime has taken us.

25 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Those with a brain have been protesting aka not funding the two twats for months. Stop going, stop endorsing and stop funding the whole shit show. No excuses, stop fucking going. I know people who are 40/50 years in who won't go while these two are running things. Time to hit them where it hurts. I vowed not to give him a penny once Scholes walked.

Fuck the lemmys, fuck Barry and until they grow some fuck Barry jnr & his trust lemmings.

I’m hating the whole shit show, but my 10-year old is a football-mad Latics fan. I’ll use my brain and continue to take him, thanks.

For those of you boycotting, can’t blame you lads (and ladies) but stopping going probably isn’t enough. Just seems like apathy.

Get yourselves down to wherever Al, Mo and Barry park their cars and make your feelings known. Then go and do something with the 90 minutes you’ve won.

Just promise that if you call me a scab on my way into the ground, you do it with a smile so my lad doesn’t get too upset.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Get yourselves down to wherever Al, Mo and Barry park their cars and make your feelings known. Then go and do something with the 90 minutes you’ve won.

Just promise that if you call me a scab on my way into the ground, you do it with a smile so my lad doesn’t get too upset.

Will you be making your feelings known?

Don't think any true fan would call a fellow fan a scab simply for supporting the team.

1 minute ago, JohnnyPimp said:

No, why should I?

Im just going to sit there, bored, feigning interest so that my lad enjoys himself.

Just enquiring that's all - you seem to be keen to tell others how to protest, so was wondering what your stance was.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Apologist is back, so we should just die then and allow cretins to kill the club by ripping its soul out, ffs bet you clapped them off yesterday.

Didn't go so no. If I had gone I wouldn't have clapped them off either. Would I have abused the players? No. Not their fault

Apologist? Read this...AL isn't right for us. See if that sinks in this time

1 hour ago, Gary_P said:

I can see sarcasm there treacle! 

We obviously dont know yet but is what we have now ever. Ever. Ever gonna work out for us? 

maybe, maybe not. I'd say likely not.

nobody that keeps saying we should protest actually has a plan or is doing anything other than not turning up which is the only form of protest I'm really seeing.

abusing players isn't the way forward either, just makes people look like cunts once it crosses a certain line which people are saying it did saturday.

I'll be there Tuesday, I won't be boycotting. I enjoy going with my old man. If they're shite and put no effort in I won't clap them off @yarddog73 don't you worry

10 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Just enquiring that's all - you seem to be keen to tell others how to protest, so was wondering what your stance was.

It’s my first comment on the matter so not sure where you get ‘keen’ from. I’m just a little fed up with others who’ve got less at stake telling fellow fans what should be done to put our sorry situation right.

I’ve watched our fanbase dwindle by thousands over the years. Must’ve hit the various owners hard in the pocket and look where it’s got us. Bottom of the football league.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

Those with a brain have been protesting aka not funding the two twats for months. Stop going, stop endorsing and stop funding the whole shit show. No excuses, stop fucking going. I know people who are 40/50 years in who won't go while these two are running things. Time to hit them where it hurts. I vowed not to give him a penny once Scholes walked.

Fuck the lemmys, fuck Barry and until they grow some fuck Barry jnr & his trust lemmings.

Agree. 

This won’t go down well, but...

You’re a scab who doesn’t care about the long-term health of our football club if you keep going to home matches. Giving these twats money is legitimising their actions which will ultimately kill OAFC. It’s that simple. 

#NoMorePenniesForTheLemmys

Same comments were made about the three amigos /Corney .

I was fuming when Scholes left claiming his choices were being undermined. I so wanted him to be given time to impose his style on the club he supports.

Seems there is no Knight in shining armour to take over from this loon so we are in shit creek.

Still early days and time to  get the team to gel but so far not many positive signs to give me  hope.

I can fully understand frustrations abound but that is because our fans have put up with shit for too long and even the most loyal of fans are fed up.

Our strikers  are plentiful but  so lightweight  and I'd rather have quality than quantity anytime.

Other sides  have got them but Lemsip seems to be acting like a agent hoping one will come good but looking at this lot will be waiting a long time.

I'll still follow my team because of blind loyalty but it's time for the players to show the same passion we do for our club.

8 hours ago, singe said:

There's always somebody bottom of the league. Guarantee if we'd won even 1 out of 3 there would be none of this grumbling.

8 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Protests outside the main entrance 6pm onwards. Get there and make it clear who we want out. 

It’s alright people saying don’t go but at least turn up outside show your anger towards the owners. 

Start with tuesdays game leaving it till a week on Saturday is too late. 

People from twitter already have large ‘abdallah out’ banners. Make your voice heard. Time to show how serious we are about what they are doing to us. 

Wish you well but think it is going to take more than a couple of hundred of fans ranting and raving to get these guys to change tack.

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Wish you well but think it is going to take more than a couple of hundred of fans ranting and raving to get these guys to change tack.

3 games this month left ,9 points up for grabs, we can easily get 6 points from these..The landscape will be completely different things on the pitch and off the pitch will start to settle down. We are not even out of August and people are talking as if  weve been relegated and the club is shutting its doors.. No major gap has formed from us to 6 .. I guarantee things will quieten down once our team gels and we pick points up... 

8 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

I’m hating the whole shit show, but my 10-year old is a football-mad Latics fan. I’ll use my brain and continue to take him, thanks.

You are a scab. Teach your kid right from wrong, some self respect and some morals. 

Stop using your kid as an excuse.

He won't have a club to watch when he is 20 if these two stay for another year or so.

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Never thought I`d say it but I think I am slowly reaching the conclusion that the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham does not deserve a professional football team. 

Hate it when people say this its fuckin moronic.

The people of planet Earth don’t deserve the planet, but that’s no reason to punish everybody.

The Germans don’t deserve a country because the Nazis were pricks.

We don’t deserve this msg board because of Lags.

Halal slaughter is cruel so all Humans should be vegetarian.

Absolute idiocy.

9 minutes ago, Clifford said:

You are a scab. Teach your kid right from wrong, some self respect and some morals. 

Stop using your kid as an excuse.

He won't have a club to watch when he is 20 if these two stay for another year or so.

My dad used to tell me tales about the miners strike and those miners  who were striking would start fighting and bullying those miners who didnt strike but went to work... calling fellow fans scabs for not attending a protest is pretty low dont you think?. we all love this club its in our blood..

9 hours ago, peanuts said:

one win would be great about now but cant see it happening can you ? 

yes , 9 points up for grabs still.. Once we start picking points up all this will die out and peoples energies will shift to the football being played.... 

9 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

yes , 9 points up for grabs still.. Once we start picking points up all this will die out and peoples energies will shift to the football being played.... 

You told us we would win on saturday remind us how that turned out? 

This team isn't going to start picking up points its weak as piss.

Archived