The Owners

The Owners  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Are you confident that the current Owner(s) can turn the club around?

• Yes
    • No

It's obviously been done to death on this and other websites but I would be interested to see if, in numbers, the level of confidence in the owners is unanimous on here..

Absolutely no witch-hunt, by the way. No explanation required for vote. Respect due whichever way is voted. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is absolutely out of his depth. No idea how to run the club, other than into the ground. He is funding his idiot brothers dream to run a football club and has an idiot alongside him who will tell him everything he wants to hear. It will end soon. Either he will sell or the club goes bust. I hope for the former but I am not optimistic 

47 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

He is absolutely out of his depth. No idea how to run the club, other than into the ground. He is funding his idiot brothers dream to run a football club and has an idiot alongside him who will tell him everything he wants to hear. It will end soon. Either he will sell or the club goes bust. I hope for the former but I am not optimistic 

Didn’t realise Mo was the driving force? Are you speculating or do you know that? 

1 hour ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Don’t disagree with your sentiments about him  .....but I am not sure he is as green as the grass.....he stuffed Scholes in court.....he forced Blitz to court.....he has  taken on the OEC .....he is ruthless in hiring and firing......I don’t see my many instances where he has lost..........he is no good for Oldham Athletic but I do feel his business acumen is underestimated .    His football knowledge on the other hand..?

Just now, Behind Closed Doors said:

Don’t disagree with your sentiments about him  .....but I am not sure he is as green as the grass.....he stuffed Scholes in court.....he forced Blitz to court.....he has  taken on the OEC .....he is ruthless in hiring and firing......I don’t see my many instances where he has lost..........he is no good for Oldham Athletic but I do feel his business acumen is underestimated .    His football knowledge on the other hand..?

😂😂

Er. . . 

You mean Blitz took AL court and forced him to pay? 

He took on the OEC - what by just not paying rent? 

How does Hiring and Firing prove good business acumen? 

Which leaves Scholes- which he did win in court. 

So 1 out of 4. . 

11 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Are you for fucking real? He is about as big a loser as you will find and is single handedly destroying our club from top to bottom, as for good business acumen alienating the vast majority of your customers doesn't really align with your train of thought.

14 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Er. . . 

You mean Blitz took AL court and forced him to pay? 

He took on the OEC - what by just not paying rent? 

How does Hiring and Firing prove good business acumen? 

Which leaves Scholes- which he did win in court. 

So 1 out of 4. . 

Really good points but I think it is 0 for 4.

On Scholes, he was being sued for breach of contract for resigning due to “interference” in team selection which 99.9% of us know was going on.

Scholes could easily have launched a defence and would have had numerous witnesses (including ex-managers and current and former playing staff) to prove that the Legsamams were interfering.  If he could have been arsed, he would have won hands down.

Facts are that Scholes is a very rich man, had/ has a number of other well documented issues on his plate and the sum involved was probably less than a week’s wages from his time at United.  He offered no defence and so summary justice was awarded.  That’s massively different from being unable to prove that there was any interference.  

It was a Pyrrhic victory for AL and only his staunchest supporters would ever use this as evidence that there was no case to answer.

7 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Really good points but I think it is 0 for 4.

On Scholes, he was being sued for breach of contract for resigning due to “interference” in team selection which 99.9% of us know was going on.

Scholes could easily have launched a defence and would have had numerous witnesses (including ex-managers and current and former playing staff) to prove that the Legsamams were interfering.  If he could have been arsed, he would have won hands down.

Facts are that Scholes is a very rich man, had/ has a number of other well documented issues on his plate and the sum involved was probably less than a week’s wages from his time at United.  He offered no defence and so summary justice was awarded.  That’s massively different from being unable to prove that there was any interference.  

It was a Pyrrhic victory for AL and only his staunchest supporters would ever use this as evidence that there was no case to answer.

Ah, fair do’s. Didn’t realise it was in that context. 

0 out of 4 it is then. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

And made two videos of our greatest moment, which seemed to get a few people onside..

He had a clean slate when he came for me. I liked the videos and the scarves. Then I defended him when @lookersstandandywas pressing him for a plan - after all, he was new, and just because there was no detailed plan didn’t mean there wasn’t / wouldn’t be one. Then I defended him for binning off Gerrard and Byrne, who seemed to be divisive gobshites. 

Then the weird decisions started creeping in more and I stopped defending him. I even felt sorry for him at the Cricket Club forum, as he clearly had no idea of how angry people were. I thought that might be a lightbulb moment and that things might change. 

And it’s just continued in the same vein. Weird decision after weird decision on and off the pitch. And now I have no hope things will change. Him and his cronies don’t seem reflective, intelligent or respectful enough to change. 

8 minutes ago, maddog said:

He had a clean slate when he came for me. I liked the videos and the scarves. Then I defended him when @lookersstandandywas pressing him for a plan - after all, he was new, and just because there was no detailed plan didn’t mean there wasn’t / wouldn’t be one. Then I defended him for binning off Gerrard and Byrne, who seemed to be divisive gobshites. 

Then the weird decisions started creeping in more and I stopped defending him. I even felt sorry for him at the Cricket Club forum, as he clearly had no idea of how angry people were. I thought that might be a lightbulb moment and that things might change. 

And it’s just continued in the same vein. Weird decision after weird decision on and off the pitch. And now I have no hope things will change. Him and his cronies don’t seem reflective, intelligent or respectful enough to change. 

I thought the video of classic moments which faded to his face at the end smacked of unimaginable arrogance - like he already thought of himself to be held in the same bracket as other club legends. 

When I heard a "former" agent was going to take us over I thought, at worst, he'd try and farm his former clients through the club (which, in fairness might have worked had his clients been any good). He did that, of course, but a whole load of other shit as well..

On 9/27/2020 at 3:38 PM, maddog said:

And Gerrard was still an offensive gobshite on that podcast.

AL is a prick but binning that twat off is one of his good moves 

If we actually knew what his real reason is for being here, perhaps things would be easier to understand. 

He is obviously not here to make us a better team/club, so what is his motive?

We are spiralling out of control,  with seemingly no concern to Lemmy. WHY.  

As long as his real motive for being here is bearing fruit,  maybe he couldn't care less about the football side of things. 

One thing for sure, it will be a long way back for us, if and when he does go.

12 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

If we actually knew what his real reason is for being here, perhaps things would be easier to understand. 

As long as his real motive for being here is bearing fruit,  maybe he couldn't care less about the football side of things. 

I think someone said (metty?) the other day. It was bought more for his brother to have a go at, which when you look at it makes a lot of sense. 

53 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

No need for conspiracy theories. The motivation was a good one I think, bring in promising under scouted players, play them and sell them on. Nothing wrong with that as a policy but he demonstrably had no idea what was needed at this level of the English domestic game. 

These people bought a professional football club excluding the ground. 

So, them investment in the product on the pitch, would be a reasonable assumption for fans to make. This assumption we very quickly realised, was a false dawn. 

Why are they here? My worry is that it’s all going rather well for them. 

Archived