FA Cup 20/21

1st round draw on Monday - who do we fancy? Non-league balls in the draw below. If we're away, there may be a chance of people attending? Although more likely for those of us not living in Greater Manchester? :chubb:

Woking

Banbury Utd

Havant & Waterlooville

Borehamwood

Brackley

Canvey Island

Marine

Concord Rangers

Dagenham

Darlington

Eastbourne

Eastleigh

FCUM

Hampton & Richmond

Hartlepool

Barnet

Cray Valley Paper Mills

Maldon & Tiptree

Torquay

Solihull

South Shields

Skelmersdale

Chesterfield

Bromley

Tonbridge Angels

Hayes & Yeading

Oxford City

Yeovil

Kings Lynn

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

1st round draw on Monday - who do we fancy? Non-league balls in the draw below. If we're away, there may be a chance of people attending? Although more likely for those of us not living in Greater Manchester? :chubb:

Woking

Banbury Utd

Havant & Waterlooville

Borehamwood

Brackley

Canvey Island

Marine

Concord Rangers

Dagenham

Darlington

Eastbourne

Eastleigh

FCUM

Hampton & Richmond

Hartlepool

Barnet

Cray Valley Paper Mills

Maldon & Tiptree

Torquay

Solihull

South Shields

Skelmersdale

Chesterfield

Bromley

Tonbridge Angels

Hayes & Yeading

Oxford City

Yeovil

Kings Lynn

Is the first round regionalised this season 

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Woking

Banbury Utd

Havant & Waterlooville

Borehamwood

Brackley

Canvey Island

Marine

Concord Rangers

Dagenham

Darlington

Eastbourne

Eastleigh

FCUM

Hampton & Richmond

Hartlepool

Barnet

Cray Valley Paper Mills

Maldon & Tiptree

Torquay

Solihull

South Shields

Skelmersdale

Chesterfield

Bromley

Tonbridge Angels

Hayes & Yeading

Oxford City

Yeovil

Kings Lynn

Looking on the bright side there's a good chance of being on TV as any of those could beat us.

12 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Bishop’s Stortford  - isn’t that @Dave_Og’s local team? Either them or Cray Valley Paper Mills Away would be good. Failing that Oxford City is the nearest to me. 😃

Yep. Game vs St Albans is live on BT Sport tomorrow evening. Both sides are unbeaten so far this season. I'll be there.  Because Stale Buns are one step higher their fans not allowed even though both clubs are in Tier One areas. Bonkers. 

13 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Can only attend if the club is step 3 or below, so Northern Premier (or equivalent) and then at a greatly reduced capacity. Think 600 at NP level, 400 one below and 300 at Northwest Counties (step 9). 

That's correct, at the moment I'm not sure what the attendance caps will be for games between steps 6 to 3 (NW Counties to NPLPD) and the EFL - and since Friday the issue of movement of fans between different tiers came into force. Similar problem with players too - here's the message I received (link below) last week from coaches at clubs I'm associated with. Grassroots teams can't move out of a tier 3, however steps 6 to 3 teams can and spectators can't. This season is becoming a bit of a mess to be honest, take South Shields (step 3) vs Halifax (step 1) the capacity for the FA Cup game with FC Halifax Town has been set at 300, in line with current Durham FA rules, and only South Shields supporters will be permitted to attend. So if Latics get Marine at Rossett Park, if away fans are permitted to attend -  only Oldham fans in the Liverpool Metro area will be good to go. Similary if Latics get FC United, Oldham fans in Oldham will be allowed to attend at Broadhurst Park - if permitted.  << This is incorrect

From what I understand from current FA regulations, away supporters from sides in step 2 of the Non-League pyramid and above are not permitted to attend matches. For instance Leiston hosted Barnet yesterday and no away fans were permitted to go, same with Guiseley and FC.

https://www.manchesterfa.com/news/2020/oct/21/joint-north-west-statement?fbclid=IwAR37iNq8w0JNI4JXP4QEYDpwjDTxHeIy4O3yCHFcZ1hwS8QNoeyooaMeU8s

It will be interesting to see what happens with allocations. Would they not be done away with to discourage travel? 

The guidance on the link from Matt above says for step 3-6 fans are asked to follow the government advice and not travel from a Tier 3 area. However that is advisory and not mandatory and so if there are allocations in principle then I guess the question arises as to whether clubs will make them available in practice.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep. Game vs St Albans is live on BT Sport tomorrow evening. Both sides are unbeaten so far this season. I'll be there.  Because Stale Buns are one step higher their fans not allowed even though both clubs are in Tier One areas. Bonkers. 

To be fair to the government, everything else they've done has been well planned, thought through and totally logical. There was bound to be an anomaly eventually. 

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

So the only fixture that Latics fans within GM would be able to go to (capacity dependent) is FCUM away?

No, I got it wrong - from what I understand from current FA regulations, away supporters from sides in step 2 of the Non-League pyramid and above are not permitted to attend matches. For instance Leiston hosted Barnet yesterday and no away fans were permitted to go, same with Guiseley and FC.

cant see the tv games featureing any one outside of noblot sunderland ipswich and the media darlings at salford should they draw a non league side ? can possibley throw in plastics for the sympathy vote ( look how far the recent winners have fallen ) etc 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

That's correct, at the moment I'm not sure what the attendance caps will be for games between steps 6 to 3 (NW Counties to NPLPD) and the EFL - and since Friday the issue of movement of fans between different tiers came into force. Similar problem with players too - here's the message I received (link below) last week from coaches at clubs I'm associated with. Grassroots teams can't move out of a tier 3, however steps 6 to 3 teams can and spectators can't. This season is becoming a bit of a mess to be honest, take South Shields (step 3) vs Halifax (step 1) the capacity for the FA Cup game with FC Halifax Town has been set at 300, in line with current Durham FA rules, and only South Shields supporters will be permitted to attend. So if Latics get Marine at Rossett Park, if away fans are permitted to attend -  only Oldham fans in the Liverpool Metro area will be good to go. Similary if Latics get FC United, Oldham fans in Oldham will be allowed to attend at Broadhurst Park - if permitted.  << This is incorrect

From what I understand from current FA regulations, away supporters from sides in step 2 of the Non-League pyramid and above are not permitted to attend matches. For instance Leiston hosted Barnet yesterday and no away fans were permitted to go, same with Guiseley and FC.

https://www.manchesterfa.com/news/2020/oct/21/joint-north-west-statement?fbclid=IwAR37iNq8w0JNI4JXP4QEYDpwjDTxHeIy4O3yCHFcZ1hwS8QNoeyooaMeU8s

Just now, petera1 said:

That's a shame. Marine are the team my Dad supported and I've been to Rossett Park a few times since he passed away. He is mentioned in the 125 year anniversary book. I thought living in Liverpool City Region I would be able to go if we drew them away. Think Marine would be favourites 😀

2 hours ago, petera1 said:

That's a shame. Marine are the team my Dad supported and I've been to Rossett Park a few times since he passed away. He is mentioned in the 125 year anniversary book. I thought living in Liverpool City Region I would be able to go if we drew them away. Think Marine would be favourites 😀

You'd get in as a home fan, surely?

10 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

You'd get in as a home fan, surely?

Tickets for my game tomorrow never went on open sale.   Because they have contact details for everyone who has been this season it's easy ti give priority much wider than season tickets

23 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Woking

Banbury Utd

Havant & Waterlooville

Borehamwood

Brackley

Canvey Island

Marine

Concord Rangers

Dagenham

Darlington

Eastbourne

Eastleigh

FCUM

Hampton & Richmond

Hartlepool

Barnet

Cray Valley Paper Mills

Maldon & Tiptree

Torquay

Solihull

South Shields

Skelmersdale

Chesterfield

Bromley

Tonbridge Angels

Hayes & Yeading

Oxford City

Yeovil

Kings Lynn

Any of those would probably beat our kids.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

No, I got it wrong - from what I understand from current FA regulations, away supporters from sides in step 2 of the Non-League pyramid and above are not permitted to attend matches. For instance Leiston hosted Barnet yesterday and no away fans were permitted to go, same with Guiseley and FC.

Does anyone really want to travel and watch the humiliation?

Archived