FA Cup 20/21

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

And I understand from a local theirs is much better.

That does not give me any confidence  at all.

We had some good players in that team and were lucky to come away with a win and for large parts of the game we were  second best on the night.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FA have changed the prize money structure for this season - probably due to the current situation with no fans being able to go. 1st round they've taken money off the winning prize and topped up the losers payout - £16,972 for the winners and £5,657 - otherwise losers away from home, with no TV coverage would get nothing (I think).

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/prize-fund

Also interesting to note that in qualification rounds, if a team had a COVID19 +ve test, that team had to forfeit and their opponents received the bye into the next round. This in not happening in the rounds proper; the FA will determine what will happen in the event of a team having +ve test. I can't see them doing anything other than byes under current guidelines, but there you have it.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

FA have changed the prize money structure for this season - probably due to the current situation with no fans being able to go. 1st round they've taken money off the winning prize and topped up the losers payout - £16,972 for the winners and £5,657 - otherwise losers away from home, with no TV coverage would get nothing (I think).

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/prize-fund

Also interesting to note that in qualification rounds, if a team had a COVID19 +ve test, that team had to forfeit and their opponents received the bye into the next round. This in not happening in the rounds proper; the FA will determine what will happen in the event of a team having +ve test. I can't see them doing anything other than byes under current guidelines, but there you have it.

Solution--  don't do any tests. "simples"

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Moved to Sunday, 8th November, 12:45 kick off. Live on BBC & BT Sport

It will be live on the BBC and BT digital platforms which includes website and app.

Hampton & Richmond Borough-Oldham Athletic - BBC iPlayer & BBC Sport website, 12:45 GMT (multi-camera)

3 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Moved to Sunday, 8th November, 12:45 kick off. Live on BBC & BT Sport

Crikey! Not nearly enough time to get pissed. Unless I get hammered on Saturday night and top up on the Sunday. 
This will be the first kick I’ve seen of a Latics match this season, think I’ll need a wee dram or two to get me through it from what I’ve heard 

I'll be watching the early morning Cup action here in the States.  Latics used to battle with footballing giants in the FA Cup.  Now its Hampton & Richmond Borough Im worried about.  I distinctly remember thinking they were a dirty team from the last cup tie.  Damn those dirty dirty Beavers.

45 minutes ago, U.S. Blues said:

I'll be watching the early morning Cup action here in the States.  Latics used to battle with footballing giants in the FA Cup.  Now its Hampton & Richmond Borough Im worried about.  I distinctly remember thinking they were a dirty team from the last cup tie.  Damn those dirty dirty Beavers.

Quite right, the ref let them get away with murder so was probably sick when the late winner went in.

4 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Will Hampton and Richmond be able to play next week now ? I can’t imagine they have elite sport Covid protocols in place? 

National Leagues North and South were deemed elite. The campaign was instigated by York who despite being top at the time of lockdown had a worst PPG than Kings Lynn who were promoted. York led the campaign so playoffs could take place, which they fancied their chances in, they ended up not getting to Wembley. 

H&R are in National League South, so I think they will be OK. Some of the other teams might struggle, but given the government has apparently said those who can't work from home can go to work I think they'll be OK. 

Think the FA Cup will continue, even if league football at level 7 and below stops. 

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

National Leagues North and South were deemed elite. The campaign was instigated by York who despite being top at the time of lockdown had a worst PPG than Kings Lynn who were promoted. York led the campaign so playoffs could take place, which they fancied their chances in, they ended up not getting to Wembley. 

H&R are in National League South, so I think they will be OK. Some of the other teams might struggle, but given the government has apparently said those who can't work from home can go to work I think they'll be OK. 

Think the FA Cup will continue, even if league football at level 7 and below stops. 

Thanks. Good explanation...a bit of a worry that Hampton are considered elite. We could be in more trouble there then than I thought 😀

Archived