MATCH: Salford

Our last 3 matches that have yielded points have seen us play an actual ball winning midfielder, we should  again tomorrow. 

Lawlor

Fage

Pidge

Jameson

Clarke

Ntambe

Whelan

Mcalmont

Mcaleny

Rowe

Dearnley

Do these play out from the back? If so like Bolton we press high. 

Thoughts? 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Our last 3 matches that have yielded points have seen us play an actual ball winning midfielder, we should  again tomorrow. 

Lawlor

Fage

Pidge

Jameson

Clarke

Ntambe

Whelan

Mcalmont

Mcaleny

Rowe

Dearnley

Do these play out from the back? If so like Bolton we press high. 

Thoughts? 

Hopefully whoever picks the team will keep CBJ as left wingback and play Dearnley and Rowe from the start.

i wouldn’t be surprised though by anything they do at the moment when it comes to team selection. Jameson did well on Tuesday as did Fage but that probably means Hamer will be brought back in 👀

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

No doubt (like so many others who we have pissed off), he'll love nothing more than to get one over on us.

He might like to... but has he the ability to?  His record in management so far says he might not have.

I know players are always expected to play their best, but there's no incentive to do that at the moment. They play well, and get left out the next game for another player who hasn't had a good game yet. Some players who have had bad games are kept in the team for no apparent reason. I thought Whelan had a shocker at Southend, apart from the pass which led to the winner. DKD fell over the ball twice and was even worse than Whelan.

I'm siding on the idea that we are rotating based on fitness issues and on a very limited pre season and a Saturday Tuesday schedule. On the grounds that injuries so far have been pretty much non-existent I'd say it's been the right move. We just don't have a strong squad full stop is the reason why we are where we are. If we played Saturday to Saturday then I can see the need for more consistency in the team selection.

Their is alot wrong at the club at the moment but this really isn't as big a problem as some of you are making out.

I say this every week but this could define our season. 90% sure we’ll be convincingly beaten but if Kewell showed a bit of bollocks and went with an attacking 4-3-3, we could punish them. As much as I hate every player bar one in this squad, it feels like someone’s guna get a pasteing off us. Blast these tomorrow and it could give us the confidence we need to push on.

Que the negative 4-5-1 with Fage and McAleny supporting grant. No pace, no ambition, no life left in this battered old club!

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

:lol:

Ok well it could have been worse and overall they are more niggles than injuries no long term injuries anyway.

Babies the lot of them. Badan is the only one genuinely injured, CBJ can’t be arsed and just wants his cheque. The rest are frightened to death of being found out they’re out of their depth. 

4 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

As much as I hate every player bar one in this squad, 

3 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Babies the lot of them. Badan is the only one genuinely injured, CBJ can’t be arsed and just wants his cheque. The rest are frightened to death of being found out they’re out of their depth. 

Remind me again @Clubfootkilkenny which club do you actually support?

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Remind me again @Clubfootkilkenny which club do you actually support?

A lot of people stopped supporting Latics a long time ago due to the fine line of love of hate.

The way the club has treated us for so many years with absolutely nothing positive in return, has made people have a twisted view on them.

Archived