Hampton & MATCH: Richmond Borough FC. FA Cup First Round.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Clarke's a very good player, isn't he. For someone so young, and nurtured in the cotton wool rarified world of elite football, he really gets stuck in. Very talented player.

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

Good to get the win and good for Rowe with a well taken goal and very unlucky not to get a second. I have to admit, I am not feeling the love for these players, it's like watching a bunch of strangers who have nothing to do with the shirt or the badge.

Clarke's obviously class, big future ahead. We do look like strangers.  But we always do.

17 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Going to get slated for this but..... I've never seen Fage play as bad as people say!

People have their "whipping boys" and only see their bad passes.

He's no world beater but not as bad as some make out. He's improved ( albeit from a pretty low benchmark ) since Bahamboola arrived so perhaps needs a bit more one-to-one development.

His cross for the second goal was effectively simple and could be a lesson for Tom Hamer when he finds himself in a similar position.

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Going to get slated for this but..... I've never seen Fage play as bad as people say!

Has a lot of pace and some skill on the ball, does some very good things then loses concentration, not as bad as some make out.

Clarke definitely looks the part. I hope we can extend his loan and that Arsenal don't recall him after last night's drubbing!

On CB-J, I thought he played well in patches, needs more consistency. Don't worry about the facial expression, that's just him. Like Rowe in that respect.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

I have previously felt CBJ coasts a lot and is soft as fuck, but has been looking more upforit since his recall.

I thought he was one of our better players yesterday apart from being out of position leading to the penalty. 

56 minutes ago, astottie said:

I thought he was one of our better players yesterday apart from being out of position leading to the penalty. 

I'm not blaming him for the challenge Lawlor made and it wasn't a one off as he did something very similar later on.  A very odd style of goalkeeping to leap in feet first 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Has a lot of pace and some skill on the ball, does some very good things then loses concentration, not as bad as some make out.

I think he's our best option at right back at the moment (particularly wing back), based on his distribution, if Jombati is unavailable.

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Clarke definitely looks the part. I hope we can extend his loan and that Arsenal don't recall him after last night's drubbing!

On CB-J, I thought he played well in patches, needs more consistency. Don't worry about the facial expression, that's just him. Like Rowe in that respect.

Harry Clarke was very good again and one of the players who seemed to be really enjoying the game, never seen Danny Rowe smile so much. 

Keeping Harry Clarke and continuing the partnership with Pidge or other is clearly important. Both Jameson and Ntambwe have been consistent in recent games, some say we should look past Pidge but I tend to think he is the best to partner Harry Clarke.

Glad to see CBJ is proving his worth, he also had a smile on his face on occasion and is very direct at times, also able to drift into advanced or central roles.

I enjoyed the game, Hampton were never out of it though, after having a few good games Lawlor seemed nervous again, always a worry when he is shuffling his feet for a rushed clearance.

Bobby Grant did deserve credit for his all round performance, albeit against lower league opposition, but he did the job well. 

Hope HK can find a solution which gives Bahamboula a more central / free role, too often his tricks and flicks were out wide in our half, proper talent though, he should start.

Archived