MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 02/01/21

Team one

Lawlor

Jombati; Clarke; Pidge; C B-J

Ntambwe McCalmont

Baha: Dearnley: McAenly

Rowe

We need four players to strengthen it, but a good attacking outfit.

Team two

Bilboe

Hamer; Diarra; Jameson; Badan

Whelan; Garrity

Fage; Grant; Dunn

Blackwood

Really crap. I mean, really crap. Maybe three of the defenders can provide cover (Badan might get into the team, and it's unfair to include Bilboe)). The others are really piss poor. Garrity is the worst of a bad bunch. He just can't pass and rarely puts in a tackle. The midfield is the main problem. The defenders are all too often exposed by a non-existent midfield. 

So, we have the spine of a good side, especially going forward, but we need a lot more in terms of quality/depth.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd long had this down as one to go to. In early December my local council were hopeful of dropping to tier 2 which would have made this possible. Pretty sure we would have been dumped on had I gone. Be typical now if its a rousing away win to rub in my enforced absence.

18 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Playing Keillor-Dunn and Garrity together in the middle just doesn't work.  You can't have both centre midfielders with no touch and no passing ability, our forwards never see the ball and we come under pressure.

I can see Keillor-Dunn as a backup on the wing.  Garrity just isn't technically up to this level, however hard he tries.

I'm not a massive fan of either player, but they have worked in away games against teams near the top of the league already this season. 

I wouldn't be playing Garrity in any home game when we have more of the ball though.  I'd much rather have Whelan for home games to get on the ball.

DKD has obvious flaws but he's versatile and is getting better as the season goes on.

I also think that McCalmont could be very effective in the last 20 minutes like he was against Newport.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Team one

Lawlor

Jombati; Clarke; Pidge; C B-J

Ntambwe McCalmont

Baha: Dearnley: McAenly

Rowe

We need four players to strengthen it, but a good attacking outfit.

Team two

Bilboe

Hamer; Diarra; Jameson; Badan

Whelan; Garrity

Fage; Grant; Dunn

Blackwood

Really crap. I mean, really crap. Maybe three of the defenders can provide cover (Badan might get into the team, and it's unfair to include Bilboe)). The others are really piss poor. Garrity is the worst of a bad bunch. He just can't pass and rarely puts in a tackle. The midfield is the main problem. The defenders are all too often exposed by a non-existent midfield. 

So, we have the spine of a good side, especially going forward, but we need a lot more in terms of quality/depth.

I’d be suprised if any side in this league had any better than a really crap second team.

Agree about a few signings for the first team.

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

I'd long had this down as one to go to. In early December my local council were hopeful of dropping to tier 2 which would have made this possible. Pretty sure we would have been dumped on had I gone. Be typical now if its a rousing away win to rub in my enforced absence.

Yep, me too, in fact I had a ticket for this one lined up but sadly it wasn't to be

You would expect them to stuff us but on the other hand how can you bet against us on the road?! 

2 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

For those buying the match on iFollow, I would hold off until the game is confirmed as going ahead.

Fair snow covering already and it is still coming down heavily.

Blimey! 

Snow in itself is easy to brush off, frozen pitches are normally the issue..... but of course I'm from the time before elf and safety and you all became soft 😊

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm only about 25 miles south of FGR and there's no sign of any snow here. Is it heading our way?

I'm 36 miles north of FGR. We had some light snow/sleet up until about 12.00/12.30 since when the temperature has improved to a balmy 3C. The game should be on hopefully.

Archived