1 win in 7 games.
1 loss in 6 games.
10 points from last 24.

Leyton Orient:
Not won at home in 6 games.
Unbeaten in 4 games.
1 loss in 6 games.

Referee: DARREN DRYSDALE.
Was previously appointed Latics vs Crawley Town at home (Lost 2-3 26/09/20).

Latics; No cards. Crawley Town; Yellow; N.Ferguson, T.Nichols.

EFL appointments 26-31 March

image.png

>> Prediction League: https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (A) 27/03/21
  • Bender featured this topic
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of this depends on the state that some players are in, but this what I'd go with:

Walker

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Fage

Whelan

McCalmont

Adams

DKD

McAleny

Luamba

We're now at a point where we can start integrating some of the young lads into the team.  Luamba looked the most natural out of all the players in that central striking role on Tuesday night so I'd like to see how he does from the start. 

I'd like to see Sutton, Hough and Da Silva given minutes over the next 9 games too.  Of the three, Sutton looked the most promising when he played and I think he would fit in on the right of the back three well, but he hasn't been on the bench much recently, so is he injured?

With CBJ back I actually think we have decent competition for the wing-back roles.  Fage and Adams are playing well enough to keep their places for now but it's good to have options.

Hopefully Clarke is available after not being risked in midweek, the other question mark is DKD as he was advised not to continue on Tuesday.  If fit I'd play him ahead of Hilßner who disappointed on Tuesday and isn't really natural on the right side of the front three.

28 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

A lot of this depends on the state that some players are in, but this what I'd go with:

Walker

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Fage

Whelan

McCalmont

Adams

DKD

McAleny

Luamba

We're now at a point where we can start integrating some of the young lads into the team.  Luamba looked the most natural out of all the players in that central striking role on Tuesday night so I'd like to see how he does from the start. 

I'd like to see Sutton, Hough and Da Silva given minutes over the next 9 games too.  Of the three, Sutton looked the most promising when he played and I think he would fit in on the right of the back three well, but he hasn't been on the bench much recently, so is he injured?

With CBJ back I actually think we have decent competition for the wing-back roles.  Fage and Adams are playing well enough to keep their places for now but it's good to have options.

Hopefully Clarke is available after not being risked in midweek, the other question mark is DKD as he was advised not to continue on Tuesday.  If fit I'd play him ahead of Hilßner who disappointed on Tuesday and isn't really natural on the right side of the front three.

Go with that and we win

35 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Play best team whilst there is still a chance of top half finish.

Ahem...

On 2/17/2021 at 11:49 AM, deyres42 said:

People get too hung up on league positions, they only really matter at the very top or bottom, you could end up on 5 points less than 9th place and finish 16th.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Walker

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Fage

Whelan

McCalmont

Adams

DKD

McAleny

Luamba

Unless the kids are better, or truly have the potential to be better, why play them ?

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Walker

Clarke

Piergianni

Jameson

Fage

Whelan

McCalmont

Adams

DKD

McAleny

Luamba

After five games with Curle in charge, it is fair to say that the manager places great emphasis on the shape of the team. 
I would expect that, away from home, he will stick with 3-5-2. Your suggested starting eleven probably needs another left-sided player in the middle. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Badan start.

I also imagine that a start for Luamba is still a few more games away.

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Unless the kids are better, or truly have the potential to be better, why play them ?

In terms of Sutton, Hough and Da Silva, the players in front of them are either loanees or players who might not be with us next season.  We shouldn't throw them all in at the same time but if we can blood them next to experienced players and see how they do at this stage of the season, then next season they'll be further along in their development and better options to use in the first team.

As for Luamba, do we actually have anyone who is obviously better than him in the central striker role?  DKD if he's fit, the next option is Grant who isn't natural centre forward.  The other alternative is Tasdemir which isn't really an alternative.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

After five games with Curle in charge, it is fair to say that the manager places great emphasis on the shape of the team. 
I would expect that, away from home, he will stick with 3-5-2. Your suggested starting eleven probably needs another left-sided player in the middle. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Badan start.

If everyone was starting from scratch, I'd have right-footer and left-footer in each wing-back role (Adams and CBJ would be my first choices).  But Fage and Adams have earned their places so far and Curle seems to be placing an emphasis on that.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If everyone was starting from scratch, I'd have right-footer and left-footer in each wing-back role (Adams and CBJ would be my first choices).  But Fage and Adams have earned their places so far and Curle seems to be placing an emphasis on that.

I think Adams is far more of a threat on the right, and Fage had a good game when he was on the left cutting in.

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Play best team whilst there is still a chance of top half finish.

Depends whether Curle wants the job from what he’s seen. If he does, the youngsters won’t feature and he’ll go for results IMO. If he’s seen enough to want to sack it off, he may be more inclined to play them. 

Do you think Curle has taken this job to remind potential employers that he is still here? Hence he would need to look like he has added value to what HK was offering?

If the above is true don’t expect the youngsters to play more then cameos.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Do you think Curle has taken this job to remind potential employers that he is still here? Hence he would need to look like he has added value to what HK was offering?

Spot on Pidge. 

It’s win for win for him.

If we finish mid table, he may get offered he job. And if he leaves, his stock has risen and Northampton is forgotten. 

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

He's probably looking at it as a free hit.

He gets himself back in the game if it works out (unlikely) then great if not then his reputation won't be that badly tarnished and he gets a job elsewhere. It's quite normal for people to take a temporary job at various times in their career before moving into something more long term I've done it.

From our point of view I don't know what we are getting if we had give him a 2 year deal then I would certainly understand it.

All the noises that have been made since the turn of the year scream short termism. Signing 4 players only until the end of the season in January. Bringing a manager in until the end of the season certainly don't say long term plan. Plus with the very early sale of season tickets for the next year has my accounting spidey senses telling me that their is cashflow problems at the club. This means this summer could be very interesting.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He's probably looking at it as a free hit.

He gets himself back in the game if it works out (unlikely) then great if not then his reputation won't be that badly tarnished and he gets a job elsewhere. It's quite normal for people to take a temporary job at various times in their career before moving into something more long term I've done it.

From our point of view I don't know what we are getting if we had give him a 2 year deal then I would certainly understand it.

All the noises that have been made since the turn of the year scream short termism. Signing 4 players only until the end of the season in January. Bringing a manager in until the end of the season certainly don't say long term plan. Plus with the very early sale of season tickets for the next year has my accounting spidey senses telling me that their is cashflow problems at the club. This means this summer could be very interesting.

Sobering and sadly you're probably right.

45 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Yes, the underlying truth is that managers will use us for a short term hit, or they're just desperate to get on the ladder or back on the ladder. All short term, and all because Coco and Bro haven't a clue.

12 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I miss being a happy clapper although primarily I'm committed to the evidence. So if things are shit I don't believe in sugar coating it for the sake of it.

Their will come a time in the future though when It will change for the better not sure when it will be but it will. We will have that season filled with fantastic days at home and away which even ends in a promotion.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I miss being a happy clapper although primarily I'm committed to the evidence.

Their will come a time in the future though when It will change for the better not sure when it will be but it will 

Amen to that brother. 

Archived