MATCH: vs Harrogate Town (A) 20/04/21

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that we are not yet mathematically safe. Colchester are 7 points behind with 4 to play. Only Southend can't catch us.

Grimsby and Southend are the two who will go, why are you mentioning Colchester? 

Grimsby would be 11 points behind if they win their game in hand with 4 to play.  Southend cant catch us. Grimsby would need to win all their games and we lose all our games.  Good chance Grimsby lose tonight anyway and therefore we will be safe.

We aren't going down.   Almost zero chance.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Acceptance can be interpreted in two ways. And for me both are valid.

I accept what the current reality is but I don’t accept that it will always be that way.

Hope springs eternal in the breast of man... or something like that. 

Well said that man 👍

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Grimsby and Southend are the two who will go, why are you mentioning Colchester? 

Grimsby would be 11 points behind if they win their game in hand with 4 to play.  Southend cant catch us. Grimsby would need to win all their games and we lose all our games.  Good chance Grimsby lose tonight anyway and therefore we will be safe.

Grimsby might get another shock result tonight but they won't get one Saturday 

On 4/19/2021 at 8:14 AM, the_mighty_bosh said:

If Walker is injured then it would be nice if we didn't play him. 

Maybe Bilboe is the latest to upset Mo. Or, I am sure Mike said on one of the commentaries that he was injured. Perhaps Walker is fitter to play than Bilboe. Or, as someone said earlier, Walker is an emergency loan and has to play in order to keep him here.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Maybe Bilboe is the latest to upset Mo. Or, I am sure Mike said on one of the commentaries that he was injured. Perhaps Walker is fitter to play than Bilboe. Or, as someone said earlier, Walker is an emergency loan and has to play in order to keep him here.

Correct:

57.4  Any goalkeeper registered under the provisions of this Regulation must be included in the starting 11 on the Team Sheet, and must start the Match

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Correct:

57.4  Any player, regardless of talent, registered under the provisions of Mohamed “the flat cap” Lemsagem must be included in the starting 11 on the Team Sheet, and must start the Match

Can see him writing it as we speak 

55 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

And all the teams in between would have to win a lot of games too. Grimsby could win every game, we could lose every game, but that many team between us means they'd more than likely go before us

17 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

And all the teams in between would have to win a lot of games too. Grimsby could win every game, we could lose every game, but that many team between us means they'd more than likely go before us

And if one of those teams has to play Grimsby, then it would be even more unlikely. I've not bothered checking though because it ain't gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Probably our best possible outfield line up with this squad.

Walker shouldn't be playing.

I don't understand how Walker can still be here as an emergency loan as Bilboe must be fit to feature if he's on the bench. If Walker doesn't play his loan would automatically end

Just now, pk200 said:

Horible thought......points deduction if WALKER plays when Bilboe is on bench....does any one know the rules re emergency loans?

Sure the emergency loan would include the option of them playing and the back up keeper remaining as such

16 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I don't understand how Walker can still be here as an emergency loan as Bilboe must be fit to feature if he's on the bench. If Walker doesn't play his loan would automatically end

I always thought the rule was if you had a fit professional keeper then an emergency loan wouldn't be permitted. Presumably he can play on account of being within the 7 day period.

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It's a bit ironic that we're looking down on clubs like Harrogate but we all believe in the pyramid system and in earning your place within that system, which is exactly what the ESL is trying to destroy. 

Hope does spring eternal. Luton have bounced back from a long and dark period, while the likes of Burnley show what still might be possible. All you need is a decent owner...

yep with decent ownership behind us we could easy achieve what Luton / Lincoln Wycombe have. All depends on that ownership though and while we have current one in place we risk going further down the pyramid

45 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I always thought the rule was if you had a fit professional keeper then an emergency loan wouldn't be permitted. Presumably he can play on account of being within the 7 day period.

Think the definition of 'professional' is played 5 or more professional games. Bilboe has 3 starts, don't know about before he came here.

Archived