image.png

Latics:
11 points from last 24 available

Harrogate:
Won 1 in last 8 games
8 points from last 27 available

ref2004.png

Referee: CARL BOYESON.

Was previously appointed Carlisle vs Latics (W 1-3 27/02/21)

Latics
Yellow; R.Diarra
Carlisle
Yellow; G.Tanner, N.Anderson

EFL Appointments 15-21 April

Prediction League >>>  https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to get particularly excited about this match given where both teams are in the league.

I thought Harrogate were comfortably better than us in the Boxing Day game, even before Grant's red card.  So I'm not expecting us to just turn them over.

I'd be happy if Adams came in for Fage, if for no other reason than to give us more of a threat from set pieces.  If Walker is injured then it would be nice if we didn't play him.  Other than that, the rest of the same team will do.

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The same could (unfortunately) be said about:

Forest Green

Salford 

Morecambe 

Crawley

Stevenage

Barrow 

etc. 

The unthinkable has happened but not many of us can accept it deep down and possibly never will

Doesn't help matters when you lived through the good times

26 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

The unthinkable has happened but not many of us can accept it deep down and possibly never will

Doesn't help matters when you lived through the good times

Acceptance can be interpreted in two ways. And for me both are valid.

I accept what the current reality is but I don’t accept that it will always be that way.

Hope springs eternal in the breast of man... or something like that. 

It's a bit ironic that we're looking down on clubs like Harrogate but we all believe in the pyramid system and in earning your place within that system, which is exactly what the ESL is trying to destroy. 

Hope does spring eternal. Luton have bounced back from a long and dark period, while the likes of Burnley show what still might be possible. All you need is a decent owner...

24 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Has Mourinho been seen on Sheepfoot Lane yet?

I'd love someone of this sort of status to have ago with a lower league club for a couple of seasons.  Doesn't need the money.  Such an experiment would probably be rendered redundant as doubtless it would generate loads more interest and income which would kind of defeat the object if the exercise.

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd love someone of this sort of status to have ago with a lower league club for a couple of seasons.  Doesn't need the money.  Such an experiment would probably be rendered redundant as doubtless it would generate loads more interest and income which would kind of defeat the object if the exercise.

Didn't Sven Goran Erikksson do that at Notts County?

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It's a bit ironic that we're looking down on clubs like Harrogate but we all believe in the pyramid system and in earning your place within that system, which is exactly what the ESL is trying to destroy. 

Hope does spring eternal. Luton have bounced back from a long and dark period, while the likes of Burnley show what still might be possible. All you need is a decent owner...

Agreed, why downgrade Harrogate's achievement, yet laud our rise to the Premier league?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Agreed, why downgrade Harrogate's achievement, yet laud our rise to the Premier league?

It’s not so much the downgrading of their achievements but more a comparison and realisation as to the demise and fall from grace of our own club.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Meanwhile, the European Super League posts far outweigh the Harrogate v Latics posts.

Let's get back to chatting about our club.

The Harrogate fixture is an end of season friendly - I wouldn't even mind if Curle picked himself to play in it. The Super League would change the whole landscape of football if it goes ahead. I think our priorities are right on this occasion...

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The Harrogate fixture is an end of season friendly - I wouldn't even mind if Curle picked himself to play in it. The Super League would change the whole landscape of football if it goes ahead. I think our priorities are right on this occasion...

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that we are not yet mathematically safe. Colchester are 7 points behind with 4 to play. Only Southend can't catch us.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that we are not yet mathematically safe. Colchester are 7 points behind with 4 to play. Only Southend can't catch us.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Only 2 go down 

** Edit - didn't see Grimsby have a game in hand - beating them on Saturday will sort it

Archived