Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

image.png

Latics:
11 points from last 24 available

 

Harrogate:
Won 1 in last 8 games
8 points from last 27 available

 

ref2004.png

 

Referee: CARL BOYESON.

Was previously appointed Carlisle vs Latics (W 1-3 27/02/21)

 

Latics
Yellow; R.Diarra
Carlisle
Yellow; G.Tanner, N.Anderson

 

EFL Appointments 15-21 April

 

Prediction League >>>  https://owtbpredictionleague.azurewebsites.net/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...! 

I share some ‘bantz’ with a couple of mates in a WhatsApp group while watching Latics. Here is a progression of some of the comments as the game unfolded last night:   ’what a bad ball by Cl

Whelan could make a good player, he can see and execute a pass and with more and better coaching could step up. I always criticise his tackling because basically he can't, neither could I, neither cou

Posted Images

It's hard to get particularly excited about this match given where both teams are in the league.

 

I thought Harrogate were comfortably better than us in the Boxing Day game, even before Grant's red card.  So I'm not expecting us to just turn them over.

 

I'd be happy if Adams came in for Fage, if for no other reason than to give us more of a threat from set pieces.  If Walker is injured then it would be nice if we didn't play him.  Other than that, the rest of the same team will do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It's hard to get particularly excited about this match given where both teams are in the league.

 

 

It's a full on six pointer in the battle for 17th...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

 

It's a full on six pointer in the battle for 17th...

It’s unthinkable that we could lose our seventeenth place to Harrogate... I mean Harrogate ffs 😱

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

 

I thought Harrogate were comfortably better than us in the Boxing Day game, even before Grant's red card.

 Very true, but it's Harrogate FFS...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

 

It's a full on six pointer in the battle for 17th...

 

You're right, by the law of averages a draw would probably be the best result to keep our 17th place chase on track.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

You're right, by the law of averages a draw would probably be the best result to keep our 17th place chase on track.

We must do whatever we can to ensure a 17th place finish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

 Very true, but it's Harrogate FFS...

The same could (unfortunately) be said about:

Forest Green

Salford 

Morecambe 

Crawley

Stevenage

Barrow 

etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The same could (unfortunately) be said about:

Forest Green

Salford 

Morecambe 

Crawley

Stevenage

Barrow 

etc. 

The unthinkable has happened but not many of us can accept it deep down and possibly never will

Doesn't help matters when you lived through the good times

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

The unthinkable has happened but not many of us can accept it deep down and possibly never will

Doesn't help matters when you lived through the good times

 

 

Acceptance can be interpreted in two ways. And for me both are valid.

 

I accept what the current reality is but I don’t accept that it will always be that way.

 

Hope springs eternal in the breast of man... or something like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit ironic that we're looking down on clubs like Harrogate but we all believe in the pyramid system and in earning your place within that system, which is exactly what the ESL is trying to destroy. 

 

Hope does spring eternal. Luton have bounced back from a long and dark period, while the likes of Burnley show what still might be possible. All you need is a decent owner...

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Has Mourinho been seen on Sheepfoot Lane yet?

 

I'd love someone of this sort of status to have ago with a lower league club for a couple of seasons.  Doesn't need the money.  Such an experiment would probably be rendered redundant as doubtless it would generate loads more interest and income which would kind of defeat the object if the exercise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

I'd love someone of this sort of status to have ago with a lower league club for a couple of seasons.  Doesn't need the money.  Such an experiment would probably be rendered redundant as doubtless it would generate loads more interest and income which would kind of defeat the object if the exercise.

Didn't Sven Goran Erikksson do that at Notts County?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It's a bit ironic that we're looking down on clubs like Harrogate but we all believe in the pyramid system and in earning your place within that system, which is exactly what the ESL is trying to destroy. 

 

Hope does spring eternal. Luton have bounced back from a long and dark period, while the likes of Burnley show what still might be possible. All you need is a decent owner...

 

Agreed, why downgrade Harrogate's achievement, yet laud our rise to the Premier league?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

Agreed, why downgrade Harrogate's achievement, yet laud our rise to the Premier league?

 

It’s not so much the downgrading of their achievements but more a comparison and realisation as to the demise and fall from grace of our own club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, the European Super League posts far outweigh the Harrogate v Latics posts.

Let's get back to chatting about our club.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Meanwhile, the European Super League posts far outweigh the Harrogate v Latics posts.

Let's get back to chatting about our club.

 

The Harrogate fixture is an end of season friendly - I wouldn't even mind if Curle picked himself to play in it. The Super League would change the whole landscape of football if it goes ahead. I think our priorities are right on this occasion...

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The Harrogate fixture is an end of season friendly - I wouldn't even mind if Curle picked himself to play in it. The Super League would change the whole landscape of football if it goes ahead. I think our priorities are right on this occasion...

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that we are not yet mathematically safe. Colchester are 7 points behind with 4 to play. Only Southend can't catch us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that we are not yet mathematically safe. Colchester are 7 points behind with 4 to play. Only Southend can't catch us.

 

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Probably a good moment to remind ourselves that we are not yet mathematically safe. Colchester are 7 points behind with 4 to play. Only Southend can't catch us.

 

Only 2 go down 

 

** Edit - didn't see Grimsby have a game in hand - beating them on Saturday will sort it

Edited by Chaddyexile84
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bender featured this topic
  • Bender unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...