League 2 Activity 2021/22

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

2 good solid signings, why do they seem to attract a better class of player than us. 

I'm not sure you really need to ask that. They're not a basket case club like we are. Not quite, anyway.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

2 good solid signings, why do they seem to attract a better class of player than us. 

Coleman didn’t cut it at a higher level after leaving us. Coleman and Leutwiler should both be decent keepers at L2 level. Personally think Sam Hart is a better signing than an older, injury prone Aidy White.

1 hour ago, ceskylatic said:

Coleman didn’t cut it at a higher level after leaving us. Coleman and Leutwiler should both be decent keepers at L2 level. Personally think Sam Hart is a better signing than an older, injury prone Aidy White.

Like your optimism, but I fear Rochdale will again finish higher in the league than us. 

1 hour ago, ceskylatic said:

Not only did he not cut it a higher level, he has now refunded to a lower level than that at which he played for us

53 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Rochdale despite apparently being a much better run club than Latics , frequently lauded for the way in which they develop players and sell them for big fees , are…..in League 2. 

But only a few places short of their best ever position 

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But only a few places short of their best ever position 

Well, 8th in league 1 is at least 16 places - and twice they’ve only missed out on promotion to what was Div 2 by just one place when in Div 3 N. 
My point being that they frequently are being held up as a club that has its act together, does things properly etc , yet are where we are.  So what’s gone wrong there? 

59 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Well, 8th in league 1 is at least 16 places - and twice they’ve only missed out on promotion to what was Div 2 by just one place when in Div 3 N. 
My point being that they frequently are being held up as a club that has its act together, does things properly etc , yet are where we are.  So what’s gone wrong there? 

Struggling to see Div 3N as relevant. They are more or less in their natural position. We like to think that we are not. 

Just giving perspective to your claim that they are a “few places” off their best ever position. I wouldn’t say Latics winning Div 3 N wasn’t relevant to the club or the others in that division. 
Anyway, I don’t want to fall out with you . We may be agreeing actually- Dale are pretty much in their usual position, and that’s despite apparently , according to some, repeatedly doing things better than Latics, so haven’t delivered much as a result! 
Have a good day 👍

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Just giving perspective to your claim that they are a “few places” off their best ever position. I wouldn’t say Latics winning Div 3 N wasn’t relevant to the club or the others in that division. 
Anyway, I don’t want to fall out with you . We may be agreeing actually- Dale are pretty much in their usual position, and that’s despite apparently , according to some, repeatedly doing things better than Latics, so haven’t delivered much as a result! 
Have a good day 👍

Not falling out at all. Just think that for the most part their prudent approach had kept them at or above their expected position so relative speaking doing much better than us

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not falling out at all. Just think that for the most part their prudent approach had kept them at or above their expected position so relative speaking doing much better than us

It’s unravelling. Prudence left some time ago. Their time in the sun is over.  It’s going wrong quite quickly as anyone with any knowledge of that club will tell you.  Doesn’t make our position any better, but the prudent approach has ended at Dale… as it nearly always does. Nothing is forever. 

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It’s unravelling. Prudence left some time ago. Their time in the sun is over.  It’s going wrong quite quickly as anyone with any knowledge of that club will tell you.  Doesn’t make our position any better, but the prudent approach has ended at Dale… as it nearly always does. Nothing is forever. 

Well I dare say I'm in the minority as I'm of an age where it wasn't compulsory to loathe other local clubs for no good reason but I wish them well. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Well I dare say I'm in the minority as I'm of an age where it wasn't compulsory to loathe other local clubs for no good reason but I wish them well. 

My dad and brother are Dale fans… I don’t wish them ill. Just want them to do worse than us. That’s normal. 

On 8/7/2021 at 1:10 PM, kowenicki said:

Apart from Abdallah

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good point. Home game and needed the dosh? Seems a bit strange that the Harrogate players all tested positive after their first game. Does that mean Dale players are affected as we?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-72-clubs-combat-covid-24683689

I think the difference between the two situations is ability to fulfill the fixture.

Suggests Harrogate weren't sticking to the protocols, and as such might get hit with a misconduct charge, and/or thrown out of the cup.

Either way, from next week you only have to isolate if you actually have the virus, or you're an unvaccinated close contact, so postponements should decrease.

1 hour ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Looking like Salford will be moving from moor lane to the AJ Bell from next season and ground sharing with Sale sharks rugby. Salford red devils moving to moor lane.

Inevitable. Moor lane is hemmed in.

Anyhow, they are buying it in a joint bid with Sale Sharks for £14m. It cost £24m to build… 

Archived