So, The Boycott...?

Away Days only for me and most of the lads I go with

Our supporters have been 'boycotting' going to games for years, because of the poor safeguarding of our club but mainly due to the poor recruitment of playing staff

Will never call folk for still wanting to attend games or simply not being prepared to watch bang average football

I most certainly will not be calling out any fans group for trying to bring attention to the demise of our club

Our 'missing fans' will only return if we start to get a decent run of form together

You don't have to be a football genius to work out that a  'Fortress Boundary Park' is the real answer

Most fans can put up with almost anything if the football is good

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Isn't it easier to get a Fortress Boundary Park with more home fans turning up, 12th man and all that? 

cant be anyone who doesnt want the club to do well can there ?

we have lost the fans Stainrod because of decades of decline on the pitch 

“Build it, they will come” 

43 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

If i win the euro 80 million tomorrow I will pay 13k oldham fans into the ground at my expense to then do a proper protest within the ground.

I wonder what the take up on that would be ?

£80 million 

I would buy AL out n sack his brother 

Buy the stadium off Blitz and Gazal 

Recruit a decent CEO to form a Board of Directors with the necessary experience and skills to grow the Club

Build decent traing facilities and give the CEO a few £s to buy some players our fans would enjoy watching 

15 minutes ago, tGWB said:

£80 million 

Recruit a decent CEO to form a Board of Directors with the necessary experience and skills to grow the Club

Build decent traing facilities and give the CEO a few £s to buy some players our fans would enjoy watching 

Bet you'd want a say in how your money was spent though.

Well my 80 million would be 40 after its split 50/50 with the missis.....

So after I've sorted family and some friends out I don't know what I would do or would have left to put into the club.

But it would be something. 

Its a problem I wouldn't mind having tho.

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

tbh yarddog I dont think I would if the club is being run right and we’re playing decent football 

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Would you? I'd expect to be kept in the loop but wouldn't expect to be telling people how to do their jobs when I have little/no experience in that field.

AL was an agent, so being involved in contract negotiations would be fair enough. Teamtalks?... not so much.  Mo likes football and that's about as far as his qualifications go that I can see, he should have no say at all.

The Away ticket situation is the final straw for me...I seriously think the owner(s) are unhinged and only a complete boycott of home matches will have any effect....we literally need no-one to turn up but sadly I don't see that happening.

Based on the Bradford situation I suspect they are now going to try and restrict away games to some season ticket holders only which means, as a Southern based fan, I may not be going to any games (well not in the away end!) so that could be the end for me.

Desperately sad times 

From Ryan Sparks the Bradford CEO

To help address some concerns... 👍

- #oafc requested 1k tickets.
- Further tickets available.
- Tickets sent Tuesday 3rd (yet to go on sale).
- No indication of sales, so plan to house the allocation requested (standard).
- There is no POTG at VP this season (COVID-19).

#BCAFC

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

From Ryan Sparks the Bradford CEO

To help address some concerns... 👍

- #oafc requested 1k tickets.
- Further tickets available.
- Tickets sent Tuesday 3rd (yet to go on sale).
- No indication of sales, so plan to house the allocation requested (standard).
- There is no POTG at VP this season (COVID-19).

#BCAFC

Its absolutely mystifying that we have had them the best part of a week and sat on them, I suspect they will be getting more over this week but talk about a piss up in a brewery.

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Its absolutely mystifying that we have had them the best part of a week and sat on them, I suspect they will be getting more over this week but talk about a piss up in a brewery.

How did we finish up with a Karl Evans running the club when there are CEO’s like Ryan Sparks about 

Another major blunder 🤦‍♂️

If they're selling them via the ticket office I can understand not offering them before 3 pm Saturday to avoid confusion with season tickets but would be on the ball from the final whistle.

I try to see the best in everyone........but it's getting harder and harder.

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I`m man enough to apologise if my last post came across as sanctimonious - so apologies. I suppose what I am saying is that throughout this debacle not one collective body has had an "ultimate aim" and had the drive and tenacity to see it through. If a strategy is ultimately the correct one, you have to have the will and tenacity to see it through - not run to the tune of those who "shout loudest" when they don't agree.  We had the farce from the old Trust over the "we support - erm... no we don't"  the boycotting of the televised game a couple of seasons ago. Now, PTB have done a very swift turn-around after just one game (albeit explaining their reasons in a thoughtful manner). Like many others, my support for Latics started with my dad and my uncles taking me as a 4 year old on the old Rochdale Road terrace and, emotionally, Latics has been a huge part of my life. However, in my opinion, it's a battle/war we are involved in here and battle tactics are long overdue. When you are fighting a battle/war you HAVE to fight as one disciplined unit or you will fail - no doubt. So, all I was trying to get across is that if everyone could forget about their own self-interest, just for a little while, and support a boycott it would be the single strongest message ever sent out. Surely, no one could disagree that a sub 1000 crowd on Saturday would have sent absolute shockwaves to the very top of the hierarchy?

That is the power of an effective and unified boycott. I realise now, it will never happen...until it's too late.

You would never get sub 1000 crowds though, too many season tickets have been sold. They have already got the money for those. The club is however, trying it's best to provoke people into this action by preventing fans attending away games to nullify protests at away games.

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

£80 million 

No you wouldn't. 0

25 minutes ago, al_bro said:

You would never get sub 1000 crowds though, too many season tickets have been sold. They have already got the money for those. The club is however, trying it's best to provoke people into this action by preventing fans attending away games to nullify protests at away games.

Are they protesting at away games? Thought they were supposed to be showcasing how good the support is.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Are they protesting at away games? Thought they were supposed to be showcasing how good the support is.

I don't mean protesting by marching around, or running on he pitch. I mean anti ALMo chanting. Which I would hope their would be plenty of.

Archived