So, The Boycott...?

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm getting the feeling that he boycott may be a bit of a damp squib simply because so many have drifted away while those that remain aren't up for it.  

Aye probably.

My guess is we’ll see a decent-ish crowd for a game or two, before it settles to 3 - 3 half thousand. Meaning we’ve lost another 4/5 hundred off the gate, but nothing to worry the owners unfortunately. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I hope he does, looking forward to seeing him this season.. cracking signing, definitely a KC player. I don't think he's a 15/20 goals a season player but many in the side who can score goals.

Always did ok at Carlisle and I think he'll do well here

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Aye probably.

My guess is we’ll see a decent-ish crowd for a game or two, before it settles to 3 - 3 half thousand. Meaning we’ve lost another 4/5 hundred off the gate, but nothing to worry the owners unfortunately. 

I'll walk through town with my head held high and look forward to visiting my church

Oldham Athletic will always be indelibly stamped on my soul and not even the lemmies can take that from me

Enjoy your Saturday 👍

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

How many do we think we'll take to Bradford the following week? The club could do with getting the tickets sorted. If we play well Saturday we could take 1500 maybe 2000?

Win on sat and easy 2000. Lose and will be just over half that.

19 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

For me, it’s away games only for now.

The North Stand reopening is a positive but I need to see the club do more to lift its reputation out of the toilet.

I last had a season ticket in 19/20 and felt that over the years I had done ‘my part’, and the club wasn’t doing theirs. I can deal with us being shit on the pitch, but it’s everything else.

Hopefully things will change soon and I’ll feel like I’m ready to retake my seat in the main stand paddock.

What do you want to see?  Not trying to catch you out… I’m genuinely interested. 

53 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What do you want to see?  Not trying to catch you out… I’m genuinely interested. 

Not wanting to answer on ShireBlues behalf but as the North Stand is now open and Barry Owen now gone. A shitstorm free season plus a solid top half finish in the league without the need to sack the manager when we hit a bad run of form would represent massive progressive to me and should see alot of people myself included get back on side.

So stability off the pitch and us finishing mid table in the 4th division not exactly a difficult hurdle to get over is it.

24 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not wanting to answer on ShireBlues behalf but as the North Stand is now open and Barry Owen now gone. A shitstorm free season plus a solid top half finish in the league without the need to sack the manager when we hit a bad run of form would represent massive progressive to me and should see alot of people myself included get back on side.

All of the above, plus treating playing and non-playing staff better.

There was an article in today’s i paper about the government naming and shaming companies who still don’t pay national minimum wage, Oldham Athletic being one of them.

Can anyone name a club where a boycott has worked? Blackpool had the best supported boycott, but had their not been a court case it would have failed. Unfortunately we can only hope that either AL is learning from his mistakes, which may be happening, slowly slowly. Or he gets fed up and leaves. A boycott won't force him out. That and pressure in other areas may just make him dig his heels in deeper. The best action is to go to the games and make it loud and clear what we think of him and his brother. Embarrass them and make them have to explain themselves to the oppositions board.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Can anyone name a club where a boycott has worked? Blackpool had the best supported boycott, but had their not been a court case it would have failed. Unfortunately we can only hope that either AL is learning from his mistakes, which may be happening, slowly slowly. Or he gets fed up and leaves. A boycott won't force him out. That and pressure in other areas may just make him dig his heels in deeper. The best action is to go to the games and make it loud and clear what we think of him and his brother. Embarrass them and make them have to explain themselves to the oppositions board.

I have a lot of sympathy with that view. They deserve abuse for the way they've treated players, managers, club staff and fans and it would be nice to see and hear them get it!

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I have a lot of sympathy with that view. They deserve abuse for the way they've treated players, managers, club staff and fans and it would be nice to see and hear them get it!

If we start badly, or when the inevitable poor spell comes. It’s nailed on that fans will let them know their feelings. 

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

Agreed, but disappointed to see  ! after a ?

That's not a question, by the way.

I tend to use ?! when I don't want people to think I'm asking a serious question.

I shall now throw myself on the mercy of the grammar court of appeal and await the verdict.

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Could have done with an interrobang. 

Now this is interesting. I understood the interrobang to be a non-standard punctuation, and so too controversial to be considered. That might be Southgate-type caution though, so I'm happy to be corrected!

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I tend to use ?! when I don't want people to think I'm asking a serious question.

I shall now throw myself on the mercy of the grammar court of appeal and await the verdict.

Suspended sentence. Their (bugger, I meant there) you go. :D

33 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Charlton and Leyton Orient.

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If we start badly, or when the inevitable poor spell comes. It’s nailed on that fans will let them know their feelings. 

This happens all the time I've been watching football, at Oldham or any other club.

We could have new owners in place of the clowns but if we started badly or have poor spells the fans would let them know their feelings just the same as now.

I've had to learn the hard way over the years because my attitude was deemed negative, aggressive, confrontational and challenging at times, either in my personal life or at work.

Its took me to the age of 50 to realise some things you just cant fight and win no matter how much you believe you can change something through your actions or words.

At work I am just a number, no matter how important others may think my job is or how long I have served there. 

At latics I am just a fan, no matter how long I have been going, how much money I've put into the club over the years or how far my family history goes back as supporters of the club.

Whether fans go or boycott is their concern, and if they believe by boycotting it will make a difference then good luck, I hope the boycott returns the result they want.

If fans choose to attend home games because they just want to, they believe by putting money into the club it will help the financial plight or the they just love the tradition of going to latics with family or friends, thats their way of dealing with the current situation.

I am of the latter type although I can't go to all the games due to work and distance I will be there tomorrow. It may be crap and it may be boring but its my choice, it also  could be a good game and a positive result.

I don't believe whether I go or I boycott will make one bit of difference apart from adding to the attendance. 

Apathy, blind faith or whatever its deemed as,  I don't care I will be there.

33 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

This happens all the time I've been watching football, at Oldham or any other club.

We could have new owners in place of the clowns but if we started badly or have poor spells the fans would let them know their feelings just the same as now.

I've had to learn the hard way over the years because my attitude was deemed negative, aggressive, confrontational and challenging at times, either in my personal life or at work.

Its took me to the age of 50 to realise some things you just cant fight and win no matter how much you believe you can change something through your actions or words.

At work I am just a number, no matter how important others may think my job is or how long I have served there. 

At latics I am just a fan, no matter how long I have been going, how much money I've put into the club over the years or how far my family history goes back as supporters of the club.

Whether fans go or boycott is their concern, and if they believe by boycotting it will make a difference then good luck, I hope the boycott returns the result they want.

If fans choose to attend home games because they just want to, they believe by putting money into the club it will help the financial plight or the they just love the tradition of going to latics with family or friends, thats their way of dealing with the current situation.

I am of the latter type although I can't go to all the games due to work and distance I will be there tomorrow. It may be crap and it may be boring but its my choice, it also  could be a good game and a positive result.

I don't believe whether I go or I boycott will make one bit of difference apart from adding to the attendance. 

Apathy, blind faith or whatever its deemed as,  I don't care I will be there.

Maybe don’t go tomorrow tho.

Archived