So, The Boycott...?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Not really - could have been over 5k without a boycott. Quite a few will have gone today after not having being able to go anywhere for nearly 2 years and will drift away pretty quickly.

That won't be because of any boycott, I reckon 4000 in that weather today would have been more than they were expecting.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The end result is still the same though less fans = Less money.

I wouldn't go that far they have given themselves enough wiggle room. From what I saw today people won't put up with watching that every week especially when so many while in attendance today haven't made the commitment of season tickets.

Seen a lot lot worse over the years than I saw today. Not much going forward but hopefully that will change when Baham and Hope are playing. 

59 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

Seen a lot lot worse over the years than I saw today. Not much going forward but hopefully that will change when Baham and Hope are playing. 

Putting alot of Faith in Hallam Hope to solve our problems.

We we're beaten 1-0 at home to footballing superpower Newport County the player who scored the winning goal today is so old he died 10 years ago when Harry Potter killed him. We didn't even manage a shot on target.

That.is.shit. 

It’s ineffective.I know maybe 3 people who’ve boycotted.Folks have been starved of live sport for a year or more.The attendance today considering the non existent Newport supporters wasn’t bad.Guess like the team it will reveal itself over the next couple of months.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Putting alot of Faith in Hallam Hope to solve our problems.

We we're beaten 1-0 at home to footballing superpower Newport County the player who scored the winning goal today is so old he died 10 years ago when Harry Potter killed him.

He is 42 

David Eyres was 3 years older when we rejoiced in watching him do the same 

other than that I agree 

14 hours ago, disjointed said:

I will be setting off from Middleton about 12.30,off to Leeds to play a round of golf with my youngest son. 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Not off to the best of starts. 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

De De De De fucking shambles

Golf didn't go so well then today? You forget your putter?

14 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

That team will struggle to win 4 or 5 all season 

Perhaps that team would… however that’s not THE team is it.

On topic:  boycott? Let’s be honest its just a dozen or so people from here and a few of their mates. The other stay-aways are just bored/disheartened… not actively ‘boycotting’. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Perhaps that team would… however that’s not THE team is it.

On topic:  boycott? Let’s be honest its just a dozen or so people from here and a few of their mates. The other stay-aways are just bored/disheartened… not actively ‘boycotting’. 

😂😂

Simple fact is that most people do not stick to their principles. I`ve always strived to do so, even when it is difficult. Personally, I cannot fathom anyone wanting to give this regime one single penny of their hard-earned cash - and I never will again.

I agree - the boycott failed miserably - what a message it would have sent to have had a sub 1000 attendance first game of the season. Wouldn't really have been that much of a sacrifice (i.e. not to attend) to possibly achieve the greater good would it?

13 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Simple fact is that most people do not stick to their principles. I`ve always strived to do so, even when it is difficult. Personally, I cannot fathom anyone wanting to give this regime one single penny of their hard-earned cash - and I never will again.

I agree - the boycott failed miserably - what a message it would have sent to have had a sub 1000 attendance first game of the season. Wouldn't really have been that much of a sacrifice (i.e. not to attend) to possibly achieve the greater good would it?

What a sanctimonious moronic post that is - I won’t repeat my reasons for going but I will do what I want frankly 

26 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Still a big drop from the 5K who was there for our first league game in this division when Bunn was in charge.

Pretty sure we'd have had closer to 5k season tickets sold rather than just over 2k at the prices offered if fans were on board with the regime.

Archived