0A95 Athleticos banned from bringing Flags and Banners into Boundary Park.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is becoming terrible. struggling to see how we don't end up in the National League (at best)

The problem is it's becoming open warfare and if we said away games only...which some were pushing for including PTB, the owners have shown they are willing and able to limit away ticket distribution. Bradford may have been a one off but I am certain that if there was a genuine home boycott but a much bigger away following they would effectively prevent ticket distribution   

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

This is becoming terrible. struggling to see how we don't end up in the National League (at best)

The problem is it's becoming open warfare and if we said away games only...which some were pushing for including PTB, the owners have shown they are willing and able to limit away ticket distribution. Bradford may have been a one off but I am certain that if there was a genuine home boycott but a much bigger away following they would effectively prevent ticket distribution   

One suspects the forthcoming trip to spotland may bring this to a head 

Think the club hierarchy may have got exactly what they want. No Athleticos to lead anti regime chanting, no visual sign of protest, no pitch encroachment.  They don't  care that without these youngsters the atmosphere will be as dead as the Lemsagams 5-year plan.

Hopefully the Athleticos will soon return with some fresh protest ideas. As suggested elsewhere,  maybe red cards, folded paper sheets with large letters spelling out the message, or perhaps those behind the Abdallah Out t-shirts might do them a bulk buy deal (or PTB-OASF chip in).

What's their next move going to be? Play all home matches behind closed doors so no one can chant against them? What a pathetic pair of self-serving, egotistical, disgraceful excuses for human beings they are. Absolutely detestable. How anyone can muster one tiny atom of support for them is beyond me. They don't deserve the time of day.

Personally I hope the 'Athleticos' stay away permanently. I was sat behind them on Tuesday and all they did was try to antagonise the Salford fans, I bet most of them missed the goal whilst sticking up two fingers and watching the Salford fans reactions. Then no doubt behaving like three year old chickens by running on the pitch at the end of the game. If anyone gets in front of me with a banner so I can't see the game, they will very quickly find it shoved were the sun doesn't shine. If you don't want to watch the game, don't go! I am not supporting A.L. or his pathetic brother, who could also probably his cousin too, who knows? I am supporting a club that he just happens to own and if he spits his dummy out, we won't be none league, we won't exist and B.P will be a housing estate, so grow up. If you want him out, you need a buyer first. Got any spare cash?

29 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Personally I hope the 'Athleticos' stay away permanently. I was sat behind them on Tuesday and all they did was try to antagonise the Salford fans, I bet most of them missed the goal whilst sticking up two fingers and watching the Salford fans reactions. Then no doubt behaving like three year old chickens by running on the pitch at the end of the game. If anyone gets in front of me with a banner so I can't see the game, they will very quickly find it shoved were the sun doesn't shine. If you don't want to watch the game, don't go! I am not supporting A.L. or his pathetic brother, who could also probably his cousin too, who knows? I am supporting a club that he just happens to own and if he spits his dummy out, we won't be none league, we won't exist and B.P will be a housing estate, so grow up. If you want him out, you need a buyer first. Got any spare cash?

With all due respect, the Athletic O's do congregate in 1 area, if you sit behind them I would hazard a guess that there would be flags blocking your view. Might be wise to move to one side rather than get wound up. 

Don't worry I was far enough behind them to avoid flags and I never get wound up, I just think that if they think things will change by chanting A.L. out and holding banners saying the same they are sadly mistaken, he will do what he wants not what they say. 

9 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

I just think that if they think things will change by chanting A.L. out and holding banners saying the same they are sadly mistaken

I think it’s you who may be sadly mistaken. Rightly or wrongly It is probably due to the efforts of the Athleticos that of late we have had so much attention in the media!!

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Other clubs would not be happy with that. They would no doubt complain to the EFL who would have to investigate.

As far as the Athleticos and the banning of flags and banners (because they upset the flat capped clown) is concerned. I have decided enough is enough. I have been to the last two league home games, but that's it for me. I was going to go tomorrow but not now. Protesting and free speech are allowed in this country, and trying to ban it is atrocious behaviour. I suggest the Athleticos go tomorrow and protest outside the main entrance, with flags and banners. Make sure Mo sees it all when he comes out with his heavies... 

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Other clubs would not be happy with that. They would no doubt complain to the EFL who would have to investigate.

As far as the Athleticos and the banning of flags and banners (because they upset the flat capped clown) is concerned. I have decided enough is enough. I have been to the last two league home games, but that's it for me. I was going to go tomorrow but not now. Protesting and free speech are allowed in this country, and trying to ban it is atrocious behaviour. I suggest the Athleticos go tomorrow and protest outside the main entrance, with flags and banners. Make sure Mo sees it all when he comes out with his heavies... 

Protest and free speech are allowed. Going on the pitch is not

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Protest and free speech are allowed. Going on the pitch is not

Agreed. Is this the clubs way of stopping pitch encroachment, or from being offended by the banners wanting the clowns out?

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is it me or does anyone sense that Abdullah is getting more and more desperate. These are the actions of a desperate man what we are seeing now I think we are approaching end game. He sells the Club or its administration.

I think this is more to do with Mo than AL. 

48 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I think this is more to do with Mo than AL. 

46 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Or it could be KE.

Either way it's an act of desperation the walls are closing in on them now and they know it, it's either a sale or administration coming soon.

Archived