0A95 Athleticos banned from bringing Flags and Banners into Boundary Park.

More pathetic posturing by the regime. Those young lads are the lifeblood and the future of the club, yet they are being treated appallingly by the very club they support. Just shows that ALMO etc don't have the first idea about how to run a club, support should be encouraged not discouraged out of fear they may show a banner that questions the board. Pathetic. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

More pathetic posturing by the regime. Those young lads are the lifeblood and the future of the club, yet they are being treated appallingly by the very club they support. Just shows that ALMO etc don't have the first idea about how to run a club, support should be encouraged not discouraged out of fear they may show a banner that questions the board. Pathetic. 

They don't care about any of that shit.

They don't need fan money. They're going to sell Dylan Fage for £5 million and be laughing all the way to the bank.

I wonder if contact with fans' groups of each of our opponents would maybe encourage them to join in any protests to ramp it up at BP? Some might not care, but some others might. Is it something OASF or PTB have considered?

Those in and around the director's box could be giving them pelters, but they run the risk of being chucked out. Probably on the grounds of racism. But noise from the RRE, the Chaddy and the JR stand could annoy them a tad.

16 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Those in and around the director's box could be giving them pelters, but they run the risk of being chucked out.

I'm of the opinion that this should be happening, being removed from the ground forms part of the protest - with the assurances that under new ownership, any official exclusions are wiped.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm of the opinion that this should be happening, being removed from the ground forms part of the protest - with the assurances that under new ownership, any official exclusions are wiped.

I’d agree - I’m one of those close to the directors box the issue is I don’t trust Stewards and or police to be Reasonable when it comes to ejection - for example a steward asks me to leave having paid for my seat I would refuse 

That steward could then try to forcibly remove me or ask police to do the same - I would 100% fight anyone who put hands on my for no good reason (peaceful non abusive protest) 

I would lose and then lose my job - it’s not worth it 

** I have worked in these types of public order situations- the establishment tends to win 

42 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Those in and around the director's box could be giving them pelters, but they run the risk of being chucked out. Probably on the grounds of racism. But noise from the RRE, the Chaddy and the JR stand could annoy them a tad.

It won’t be the first time. A couple of seasons ago someone gave AL and Mo a piece of their mind after we’d been battered by Stockport County in a pre-season friendly with Sefil showing his lack of quality. 

Two days later we signed David Wheater. 

I think @BP1960said something about beefed up security at the last home game.

Accusations of racism won’t go very far if you record yourself. It’d be a very sensible move given what has already happened. 

31 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It won’t be the first time. A couple of seasons ago someone gave AL and Mo a piece of their mind after we’d been battered by Stockport County in a pre-season friendly with Sefil showing his lack of quality. 

Two days later we signed David Wheater. 

I think @BP1960said something about beefed up security at the last home game.

Accusations of racism won’t go very far if you record yourself. It’d be a very sensible move given what has already happened. 

I've not seen the guy who give AL what for this season, looks like he's had enough of this regime. It's a shame, he was a good genuine long time supporter who realised a year ago what was happening.

So, the cowardly shitbags think they can resolve the problems by picking on young loyal supporters? So the problem lies with the supporters and the solution is to control/bully them by using the race card, increasing security (who is paying for that?), intimidating them by filming them and now by stopping them from bringing their flags and banners. They are so thick it is quite incredible. All they're doing is throwing oil on the fire. They're just making people angrier and angrier. What next? Ban pies because we might throw them on the pitch/at the directors box? Ban alcohol, because it's obviously responsible for making people angry? Ban people from talking, because people talking is just stirring up trouble? 

They're pathetic and they should realise that when you've dug yourself into such a huge hole the only answer is to cut and run. 

29 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

So, the cowardly shitbags think they can resolve the problems by picking on young loyal supporters? So the problem lies with the supporters and the solution is to control/bully them by using the race card, increasing security (who is paying for that?), intimidating them by filming them and now by stopping them from bringing their flags and banners. They are so thick it is quite incredible. All they're doing is throwing oil on the fire. They're just making people angrier and angrier. What next? Ban pies because we might throw them on the pitch/at the directors box? Ban alcohol, because it's obviously responsible for making people angry? Ban people from talking, because people talking is just stirring up trouble? 

They're pathetic and they should realise that when you've dug yourself into such a huge hole the only answer is to cut and run. 

Fuel on the fire is good. The fire needs to rage for any fan movement to get off the ground. It’s merely simmered for the last 10 years 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Fuel on the fire is good. The fire needs to rage for any fan movement to get off the ground. It’s merely simmered for the last 10 years 

I don't disagree, but it really shows how thick they are.

But where will it go without credible owners who can really give us the investment we need? We need people with money. It's not just 10 years, and it didn't just simmer. Fans raged when we got got relegated from the PL. There was the odd large demo outside the Main Stand, and the brilliant martyr who bravely staged a one man sit-down on the pitch. To our shame, none of us joined him. Sadly, it didn't achieve anything. Eventually we had the biggest shit in out history take over.  We had a great fans reaction after that, which eventually (not as a result) led to the three amigos, who proved to be full of shit. 

So yes, rage, but we need resources not just rhetoric, otherwise we'll be in the National League rapidly followed by the NNL, and i'd rather avoid that pain (at best - Bury is haunting). I'd prefer a fans takeover, a co-op, but will it provide the money? We have a fans groups, but, again, where are the resources we need? A consortium? Hopefully, but they need to talk to each other and pull together under a credible/trustworthy leader. Barry's obvious positioning is transparent. We need someone else who we can trust, but we still need the resources. 

2 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

But where will it go without credible owners who can really give us the investment we need? We need people with money. It's not just 10 years, and it didn't just simmer. Fans raged when we got got relegated from the PL. There was the odd large demo outside the Main Stand, and the brilliant martyr who bravely staged a one man sit-down on the pitch. To our shame, none of us joined him. Sadly, it didn't achieve anything. Eventually we had the biggest shit in out history take over.  We had a great fans reaction after that, which eventually (not as a result) led to the three amigos, who proved to be full of shit. 

So yes, rage, but we need resources not just rhetoric, otherwise we'll be in the National League rapidly followed by the NNL, and i'd rather avoid that pain (at best - Bury is haunting). I'd prefer a fans takeover, a co-op, but will it provide the money? We have a fans groups, but, again, where are the resources we need? A consortium? Hopefully, but they need to talk to each other and pull together under a credible/trustworthy leader. Barry's obvious positioning is transparent. We need someone else who we can trust, but we still need the resources. 

When the shit hit the fan at Wigan recently, their fans managed to raise £750k in a matter of weeks. They are now under new ownership and sailing in calmer waters. 

I still think many of our fans are in denial about just how bleak our future looks, any media appearance at the real Latics is usually supported by some of our supporters who say that they don't know what fans are protesting about!! 

We do need a co-op. think that is being developed by The Foundation at the moment, and I am aware of initiatives in place to try and secure much needed funds to support a fans takeover and any alternative investors. 

To me, there are massive doubts about exactly what Abdallah's motives are, seems to be not interested in anything remotely related to improving the football club and by definition, his investment. I am far from convinced abut Blitz as well but that's another battle that will require fighting if Abdallah can be persuaded by whatever means to sell up or just leave (sadly cannot see him doing either but live in hope that he will). 

What a absolute set of horrible tw**s, we have running our club into the ground, surely something big has to be arranged for the Hartlepool game, to let these arrogant arseholes know enough is enough!! FFS it makes my blood boil, it’s week after week something new pops up to piss the supporters off time after time!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

There the a weakening correlation between size of club / fanbase and league position (well outside of the prem anyway where size = world profile  = money) which really highlights that success is fuelled by benefactors willing to part with their money. So yes, based on the current structure our league position isn’t likely to improve without a wealthy owner. 

What a messed up situation. When a club like Salford city can just replace a club like notts county overnight because someone throws a bit of cash at them it makes you feel like jacking it all in. History, stature counts for nothing. Change is constant, yes, but football is precious. It’s part of this country’s heritage and its core attributes and character need protecting. That should mean that league positions shouldn’t be a record of who spends the most. It’s vulgar and ostentatious and not the football structure I want to see in this country. 

20 minutes ago, Andy b said:

There the a weakening correlation between size of club / fanbase and league position (well outside of the prem anyway where size = world profile  = money) which really highlights that success is fuelled by benefactors willing to part with their money. So yes, based on the current structure our league position isn’t likely to improve without a wealthy owner. 

What a messed up situation. When a club like Salford city can just replace a club like notts county overnight because someone throws a bit of cash at them it makes you feel like jacking it all in. History, stature counts for nothing. Change is constant, yes, but football is precious. It’s part of this country’s heritage and its core attributes and character need protecting. That should mean that league positions shouldn’t be a record of who spends the most. It’s vulgar and ostentatious and not the football structure I want to see in this country. 

I see nothing wrong with badly run clubs dropping out of the league. It should never be a closed shop. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I see nothing wrong with badly run clubs dropping out of the league. It should never be a closed shop. 

Nor do I. But we are moving towards a situation where clubs that may be efficiently run will get pushed out by a club purely on financial spend 

28 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Nor do I. But we are moving towards a situation where clubs that may be efficiently run will get pushed out by a club purely on financial spend 

Nah, there will always be basket cases at the bottom that go before well run clubs. 

It would be interesting to know what % of the Athleticos are ST holders, don't know if anyone on here is an Athletico or knows enough to comment?

The point being that the :clown::clown: have already had their money if they are ST owners. Rather than boycotting they should turn up at home games and hurl abuse at the :clown::clown::clown: (I've decided to include jobsworth Evans) non-stop through the match, then get the flags and banners outside the main entrance after the game.

3 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It would be interesting to know what % of the Athletics are ST holders, don't know if anyone on here is an Athletico or knows enough to comment?

The point being that the :clown::clown: have already had their money if they are ST owners. Rather than boycotting they should turn up at home hames and hurl abuse at the :clown::clown::clown: (I've decided to include jobsworth Evans) non-stop through the match, then get the flags and banners outside the main entrance after the game.

Yeah I agree. They should turn up and chant about the board for 90 minutes, maybe next week the clowns will ban chanting! 

52 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It would be interesting to know what % of the Athletics are ST holders, don't know if anyone on here is an Athletico or knows enough to comment?

The point being that the :clown::clown: have already had their money if they are ST owners. Rather than boycotting they should turn up at home hames and hurl abuse at the :clown::clown::clown: (I've decided to include jobsworth Evans) non-stop through the match, then get the flags and banners outside the main entrance after the game.

The only chanting done inside the ground should be to encourage the players, not distract them, unless of course you want them to fail, which chanting abuse would prove you do. Everything else should be done outside after the game.

1 minute ago, C.O.JONES said:

The only chanting done inside the ground should be to encourage the players, not distract them, unless of course you want them to fail, which chanting abuse would prove you do. Everything else should be done outside after the game.

You do know the chanting is directed at the owners not the players? 

Archived