Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I could never support anyone else whilst OAFC in existence, I would consider a phoenix club in the event that Latics were no more. 

I have been enjoying going to non-league games in the FA Cup qualifying rounds, in NWCFL and others, lovely to see football clubs who actually value fans!! The work of volunteers at these clubs is legendary and it has made me even sadder at the plight of Latics, particularly off the field. 

I enjoy going to Rammy, nice little club & quite happy to see them win but its not the same as actually supporting them

It was the same when I watched Droylsden at their peak a few years ago when they played some great slick  passing football and had a good clubhouse with cheap food and drink, but I'd stlll have my ears glued the radio for Latics away commentaries.

Sadly though the club no longer exists.

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It was the same when I watched Droylsden at their peak a few years ago when they played some great slick  passing football and had a good clubhouse with cheap food and drink, but I'd stlll have my ears glued the radio for Latics away commentaries.

Sadly though the club no longer exists.

I don't even have my mobile with me BP, get in clubhouse at half time and see how the Latics are going on, back to my car or clubhouse (*dependent on mode of transport) and find out final score. I find it easier to cope that way. 

Hoping one day we can have our lovely Latics back again, until we do I am in the wilderness of non-league football to get my soul back 

Guest Stanley30

As mentioned, you should all get to ur local non league teams and support them during the stay away period. Would make a hell of a difference if Mossley got an extra hundred. 

5 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

As mentioned, you should all get to ur local non league teams and support them during the stay away period. Would make a hell of a difference if Mossley got an extra hundred. 

If I had been around on 18 September, would have headed off to Chadderton for same reason, have put it out there on OWTB on a thread asking if fans may want to consider same. 

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

In my oft' pickled brain I always thought it a good idea to build a brand new 10,000 seater stadium in the hills above Denshaw off exit 22 of the M62. It would a) be the highest ground in the football leagues (stealing West Brom's crown) b) be easily accessible for away fans via the M62 c) be a true "ice station zebra" ensuring 100% home wins against southern softies in winter and d) still be in Oldham - although I suspect we'd get the white rose lot reminding us of the historic county boundaries!

Perhaps on the site of that farm that the M62 divides round if that's within our borders?

On a more serious note, look at the fate of Oldham Rugby since the demise of Watersheddings, cursed to ground surf forever, with ever diminishing interest and relevance.

15 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I've got Mangotsfield United about 2 miles away. I think they're in the 9th tier and have lost every game so far this season. It might just make a pleasant alternative to go there instead of listening to another afternoon's depression on iFollow.

If we go bust I will genuinely support those for the name alone 

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Find the concept of groundhopping/watching a match you've no interest in weird, surely you just go pub and watch Soccer Saturday with your mates.

You don't actually like football do you, not like you to go against the grain though.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Find the concept of groundhopping/watching a match you've no interest in weird, surely you just go pub and watch Soccer Saturday with your mates.

love going to new grounds mate, making friends with supporters of other teams and seeing how other half lives, done all 92 many times over watching Latics (up till Sutton this year, just couldn't do it) and seen OAFC at maybe 150 grounds in total. 

Can get plenty of beer at non-league football and hostelries around the grounds,  watching Soccer Saturday is soulless, rather be at a game. Refreshing to see how pleasant football can be, volunteers working so hard to try and make clubs work & football happen for crowds of sometimes fewer than 100. I do have an interest in games, love football at whatever level from grassroots through to National team, nice to watch games completely impartially having followed OAFC & England exclusively for 50 years+. 

Was thinking of trying a few Scottish league ones, always fancied Berwick Rangers as English in a Scottish league but not done it yet. Always wondered who were the 200 who would follow Berwick or Albion Rovers or someone like that. 

I might be very different to most, football to me is about soul and people, not just results of my favourite appointed team. Most of my mates who watched Latics are doing something different n Saturdays now, some are groundhopping like me, some have lost interest all together. I keep in touch in case AL should go and I am sure we would all be back tomorrow once they sell or go if ever they do. 

Behind it all, I still want Latics to win every game they play and would be delighted if the owners would, even at this late stage, start operating the club like it needs however I am not holding my breath.     

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

love going to new grounds mate, making friends with supporters of other teams and seeing how other half lives, done all 92 many times over watching Latics (up till Sutton this year, just couldn't do it) and seen OAFC at maybe 150 grounds in total. 

Can get plenty of beer at non-league football and hostelries around the grounds,  watching Soccer Saturday is soulless, rather be at a game. Refreshing to see how pleasant football can be, volunteers working so hard to try and make clubs work & football happen for crowds of sometimes fewer than 100. I do have an interest in games, love football at whatever level from grassroots through to National team, nice to watch games completely impartially having followed OAFC & England exclusively for 50 years+. 

Was thinking of trying a few Scottish league ones, always fancied Berwick Rangers as English in a Scottish league but not done it yet. Always wondered who were the 200 who would follow Berwick or Albion Rovers or someone like that. 

I might be very different to most, football to me is about soul and people, not just results of my favourite appointed team. Most of my mates who watched Latics are doing something different n Saturdays now, some are groundhopping like me, some have lost interest all together. I keep in touch in case AL should go and I am sure we would all be back tomorrow once they sell or go if ever they do. 

Behind it all, I still want Latics to win every game they play and would be delighted if the owners would, even at this late stage, start operating the club like it needs however I am not holding my breath.     

I did that Berwick Rangers thing in 2015. Went to see Elgin v Berwick on a perishing midweek February night. I was genuinely ill at the time but the match was entertaining and I think ended 1 - 1. I was on holiday in the area. The crowd was about 1,000 i'd guess but very enthusiastic and friendly. One part of Scotland i've visited a lot is the village of Findhorn near the town of Forres, home to Forres Mechanics who play in the Highland League. Unfortunately i've never got to one of their games as we arrive too late or have to leave too early on the Saturdays they have been at home. I must say though, their ground looks very neat and tidy, probably better looking than a lot of L2 grounds.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

There was a time when I used to, but I've mellowed a bit recently. Going watching Halifax again tomorrow and got my eye on a few Mossley games over the next few months. Sometimes it's easier to enjoy a game you don't care who the winner is...

20 minutes ago, redlion said:

I did that Berwick Rangers thing in 2015. Went to see Elgin v Berwick on a perishing midweek February night. I was genuinely ill at the time but the match was entertaining and I think ended 1 - 1. I was on holiday in the area. The crowd was about 1,000 i'd guess but very enthusiastic and friendly. One part of Scotland i've visited a lot is the village of Findhorn near the town of Forres, home to Forres Mechanics who play in the Highland League. Unfortunately i've never got to one of their games as we arrive too late or have to leave too early on the Saturdays they have been at home. I must say though, their ground looks very neat and tidy, probably better looking than a lot of L2 grounds.

sounds great mate, will have to have a look into a trip to Berwick and others....always fancied a trip to see Albion Rovers after an article in When Saturday Comes a few years back - character building    

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Its the friendliness and being able to mix with opposing supporters without rip off food and drink prices.

Some real passion in the games too, often not seen at BP.

Try it and see.

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Like watching good football, watching a bunch of scaffolders doing it badly not so much.

I've seen some great football matches in non league, with lots of players going on to league football, even the Premiership. Don't judge a book by its cover 

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Great write-up by Daniel Storey in the "i" today.....hope this link works !!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-league-two-abdallah-lemsagam-owner-fans-protests-1187938

I thought the headline in the print version of the i newspaper was better:

"Helpless and almost hopeless: Oldham's fate in hands of owner the fans don't trust."

Archived