Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I see the Saudi's £350 million bid for Newcastle has failed. I wonder if anyone can mention to them they can buy a former Premiership club for a fraction of that?

Manchester based too....... become the 3rd team in the area...... we can dream 🤞🤞

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Because of the ticket statement ?

Nope, not at all. It probably didn't help but he basically said he is failing at ownership, has been failing for the 3 years he has been here, I think he even called him a fool at one point and said he should be looking to sell the club...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Nope, not at all. It probably didn't help but he basically said he is failing at ownership, has been failing for the 3 years he has been here, I think he even called him a fool at one point and said he should be looking to sell the club...

That is a different tune then, wonder what changed his view so quickly.

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Probably the biggest U-turn I have ever heard...

He's just saying whatever will get the most people phoning in in the next hour.  That's his job.

If blaming the fans works better tomorrow, then that's what he'll say tomorrow.

It's just bait, it's how talk radio survives.

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He's just saying whatever will get the most people phoning in in the next hour.  That's his job.

If blaming the fans works better tomorrow, then that's what he'll say tomorrow.

It's just bait, it's how talk radio survives.

I know the show can be a bit of a wind up but not too sure here, talking about oldham is not going to make 50k more tune in, they might aswell discuss Ronaldos debut on saturday if they want bigger stats.

Not saying you are wrong tho, I'm just not on the same page 👍

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

It might rather than non league.

Its always going to be an option, not sure if fans of either club would want it.

I live in West Cumbria, fans of Workington, Whitehaven and Barra RL clubs have had this mentioned many times, its never happened.

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Its always going to be an option, not sure if fans of either club would want it.

I live in West Cumbria, fans of Workington, Whitehaven and Barra RL clubs have had this mentioned many times, its never happened.

I think football is too tribal for it ever be a success, very few Wimbledon fans went to MK.

For me, I support Oldham Athletic, if we ever ceased to be (looking likely as it stands) then I wouldn't support anyone and certainly not some strange mutated hybrid mess with Manchester in the title 

I'd probably go an watch Darwen to keep my shite football fix going 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think football is too tribal for it ever be a success, very few Wimbledon fans went to MK.

For me, I support Oldham Athletic, if we ever ceased to be (looking likely as it stands) then I wouldn't support anyone and certainly not some strange mutated hybrid mess with Manchester in the title 

I'd probably go an watch Darwen to keep my shite football fix going 

I'd just throw my energies into local non-league stuff.  There's no chance that I'd do 400+ mile round trips to watch that or even a phoenix. Mu new local team, having moved recently, have giant killed their way into the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know its tough to accept but if football keeps going the way it is, maybe the only way to survive in such football congested areas as Greater Manchester would be to join forces and become one.

I know its hard to comprehend but harder for me is no Oldham Athletic.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

I know its tough to accept but if football keeps going the way it is, maybe the only way to survive in such football congested areas as Greater Manchester would be to join forces and become one.

I know its hard to comprehend but harder for me is no Oldham Athletic.

Would an Oldham Tameside club work out if say the whole set up was moved to Curzon where there's great training facilities and scope for ground development ?

After all Oldham rugby often play at Stalybridge?

Wouldn't suit me personally as I live a stones throw from BP, but some may think it acceptable..https://images.app.goo.gl/8orcbonrbPAJMPcA6

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Would an Oldham Tameside club work out if say the whole set up was moved to Curzon where there's great training facilities and scope for ground development ?

After all Oldham rugby often play at Stalybridge?

Wouldn't suit me personally as I live a stones throw from BP, but some may think it acceptable..https://images.app.goo.gl/8orcbonrbPAJMPcA6

People cried about moving to the other end of Broadway so don't think there would be much mileage in this suggestion.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What if it was local and promised big investment?

It's not for me. I think the vast bulk of supporters for Latics, Dale and whoever else it amalgamated would outright reject such an entity. It'd largely rely on attracting families who otherwise would've supported one of the big sides or not taken an interest in the sport.

Archived