Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

45 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yes, I mean fair play to Matt for going on again. I’ve been on national radio once before and to say it’s nerve wracking is an understatement - particularly, I would guess, with the likes of White and Jordan who basically want to shout you down to push their own headline.

But we need a simple message as to what our issues are. As I say in the other thread - MIFFED would be my suggested acronym for the campaign:

Mo (General)

Influence (from above on team affairs)

Fan (and staff) treatment

Finances

End Game (what’s their plan?)

Don’t own the ground

Simple, hits the key points and any further discussion around those things will be sticking to our agenda.

I like that.  I was thinking along similar lines but used the acronym MADNESS.

M = Mo

A = Abdallah

D = Decision making (recruitment of staff, managers etc.)

N = Nastiness maybe?  Treatment of staff, players, sEmploymen Tribunals etc.

E = Egos?

S = Supporters and their treatment of us

S = Sponsors feeling the need to pull out

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Plenty of teams don't own their ground, it is probably a good thing in this instance. Do people outside the club really care about staff treatment? I think we might get more traction if we were more honest and just said it IS about results...

IMO the big beef is against Mo, if AL removed him he'd win the minds back of many fans.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Plenty of teams don't own their ground, it is probably a good thing in this instance. Do people outside the club really care about staff treatment? I think we might get more traction if we were more honest and just said it IS about results...

I care about staff treatment. I want us to be a family club with a decent reputation. Upsetting staff, fans and sponsors to the extent that they walk away hating the way they’ve been treated adds to the toxicity that exists in and around the club. No coincidence that the certain atmosphere the owners have brought to the club has coincided with our drastic demise in the pitch.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Is it..I'd have thought it essential in the past?

Think this will be part of his new 3 year plan to be announced shortly. Personally I think a big swashbuckling number 9 would have done more for finances and the team.

I surmised on Twitter but I don't think Talksport is there right platform for the protests. It's served a purpose in forcing AL to open up about it all but it's so badly researched with a clear lack of understanding why the fans are unhappy. It came across to me that Jim Gobshite, Simon Jordan and Trevor Sinclair were just putting all this down to a bunch of fans being mardy about a poor start to the season rather than issues that have manifested itself over a three year period (and more, but let's deal with the current shitbag first). I understand Matt had a short timeframe, plus Jim shrieking away at him couldn't have been easy so he gets every credit for sticking his neck on the line. But there are so many deep rooted problems which have led to this which didn't even get a mention so effectively the listeners (not the demographic that are remotely arsed about a struggling 4th division club anyway) have no context for our dissatisfaction.

As for the protests; they absolutely need to be stepped up to another level now after the shambolic and downright nasty ticketing strategy rolled out today. It's clearly designed to divide opinion but from the reaction on social media it should have a galvanising effect now. I don't think they have any way to stop this snowballing now. 

11 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I surmised on Twitter but I don't think Talksport is there right platform for the protests. It's served a purpose in forcing AL to open up about it all but it's so badly researched with a clear lack of understanding why the fans are unhappy. It came across to me that Jim Gobshite, Simon Jordan and Trevor Sinclair were just putting all this down to a bunch of fans being mardy about a poor start to the season rather than issues that have manifested itself over a three year period (and more, but let's deal with the current shitbag first). I understand Matt had a short timeframe, plus Jim shrieking away at him couldn't have been easy so he gets every credit for sticking his neck on the line. But there are so many deep rooted problems which have led to this which didn't even get a mention so effectively the listeners (not the demographic that are remotely arsed about a struggling 4th division club anyway) have no context for our dissatisfaction.

TalkSport are only interested in audience figures.  They get that by being deliberately antagonistic, on all topics, because annoyed people listen in and phone in.

The main people interested in our plight are Latics fans, and they will be more than happy to wind us up again and again by talking crap about us, if they think it'll make us tune in.

So, spot on: they aren't the right platform to be working with.  We are helping them, but not vice versa.

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

TalkSport are only interested in audience figures.  They get that by being deliberately antagonistic, on all topics, because annoyed people listen in and phone in.

The main people interested in our plight are Latics fans, and they will be more than happy to wind us up again and again by talking crap about us, if they think it'll make us tune in.

So, spot on: they aren't the right platform to be working with.  We are helping them, but not vice versa.

We can't expect them to just be the propaganda arm of the Abdallah Out brigade though. Feels like people were screaming for media coverage and are now crying because it isn't all in our favour. I said before this all kicked off that getting the wider public to see that it isn't just moaning about being bottom of the league would be tough and so it is proving.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We can't expect them to just be the propaganda arm of the Abdallah Out brigade though. Feels like people were screaming for media coverage and are now crying because it isn't all in our favour. I said before this all kicked off that getting the wider public to see that it isn't just moaning about being bottom of the league would be tough and so it is proving.

Whose crying? 

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

A decent media source will look into all sides of the story and give a balanced summary.

TalkSport will deliberately spout whatever best winds us up, because they want outraged fans to phone in and fill their airtime for free.

Big difference 

6 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

A decent media source will look into all sides of the story and give a balanced summary.

TalkSport will deliberately spout whatever best winds us up, because they want outraged fans to phone in and fill their airtime for free.

Big difference 

Jordan's summary seemed pretty fair to me even if you don't agree with anything he said.

This will be controversial but there is an element of truth in the fact the protests are about results. I totally understand all the other issues behind the scenes but let's just live in a fantasy world for a minute and say we had won promotion last year despite Wheater being confined to the youths, sponsors walking away, staff treated badly etc. etc. We were now sat at the top of League 1 and it was rumoured we were late with pension contributions do you think we would be protesting? No me neither. Everything going on behind the scenes, Mo as SD, poor recruitment etc. leads to bad results on the pitch but let's not suggest that we aren't bothered about results, it's exactly what we are bothered about as football fans

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

This will be controversial but there is an element of truth in the fact the protests are about results. I totally understand all the other issues behind the scenes but let's just live in a fantasy world for a minute and say we had won promotion last year despite Wheater being confined to the youths, sponsors walking away, staff treated badly etc. etc. We were now sat at the top of League 1 and it was rumoured we were late with pension contributions do you think we would be protesting? No me neither. Everything going on behind the scenes, Mo as SD, poor recruitment etc. leads to bad results on the pitch but let's not suggest that we aren't bothered about results, it's exactly what we are bothered about as football fans

In a fantasy world I live in a log cabin with a hot tub, Jennifer Lawrence and some baby oil,  it's irrelevant because it is all in my head and nothing like what is happening in the real world 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

In a fantasy world I live in a log cabin with a hot tub, Jennifer Lawrence and some baby oil,  it's irrelevant because it is all in my head and nothing like what is happening in the real world 

Agreed, but if we weren't 91st in the football league the protests would be nothing like they are. So when the national media suggest it's down to results we shouldn't be shocked and in uproar that they don't fully get it.

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Agreed, but if we weren't 91st in the football league the protests would be nothing like they are. So when the national media suggest it's down to results we shouldn't be shocked and in uproar that they don't fully get it.

Charlton, Blackpool and Orient weren't exactly flying though when they started protesting, we would be far less likely to be 91st in the league, and lost 5 out of 6 if we weren't run like CoCo's clown factory.

We would still be annoyed being in that position if run properly but I doubt very much anyone would be on the pitch over it - they've had 27 years for that

31 minutes ago, PeteG said:

So what?

I'm bothered that I am embarrassed about the behaviour of those who run the club that I have supported for 55 years

Archived