Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

"Manchester North End" is Oldham disappearing totally.

I can't believe we've gone all the way from idiots refusing to support us if we moved to parts of Oldham with a Manchester postcode, to now being prepared to consider merging.

Trying to maximise support in Tameside? Sure.  Grabbing floating fans from Bury?  Good luck with that.

Pretending to be a Manchester club?  Far worse than anything the Lemsagams have done.

Hard to think we wouldn't be in the pickle we are now if Failsworth had gone to plan...

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Absolutely, why would Bury who have started again want to get involved with us. They would see us as a intruder on their own journey. 

Exactly.  There's barely any "Bury" to merge with.  Either a phoenix club in the NWCFL or a name on paper with no assets or league membership.  As you said, the phoenix club might as well go its own way with its own identity.

29 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

What if there is 4 scenarios only.

1... phoenix club

2... Merge with Bury 

3... go bust, end of

4... stick with ALMO

I don't think a merger makes sense, particularly with Bury.

I'd support a phoenix club over nothing at all, so option 1 over option 3.  A phoenix club is just the default when everything has failed though, it's not really something to aim for.

Option 4 is what we're stuck with until the club is worth enough for AL to recoup enough of his investment.  Unlikely to happen unless he agrees a price for the land with Blitz.

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

1... phoenix club

2... Merge with Bury 

3... go bust, end of

4... stick with ALMO

Some pretty horrible choices in that lot.

I'm going with 1. Only after 3 has actually happened which depends entirely on how long scenario 4 continues for.

2 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Keeping the ground is key.

In my oft' pickled brain I always thought it a good idea to build a brand new 10,000 seater stadium in the hills above Denshaw off exit 22 of the M62. It would a) be the highest ground in the football leagues (stealing West Brom's crown) b) be easily accessible for away fans via the M62 c) be a true "ice station zebra" ensuring 100% home wins against southern softies in winter and d) still be in Oldham - although I suspect we'd get the white rose lot reminding us of the historic county boundaries!

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Some pretty horrible choices in that lot.

I'm going with 1. Only after 3 has actually happened which depends entirely on how long scenario 4 continues for.

As I said above - none 

I will support no one but Oldham Athletic 

I currently go and watch AFC Darwen on days we are away as they are 5 minutes away and cost £6 - they are awful by the way 

I would continue to watch them but just as now, I wouldn’t care about the result 

I support Oldham Athletic and no one else 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

As I said above - none 

I will support no one but Oldham Athletic 

I currently go and watch AFC Darwen on days we are away as they are 5 minutes away and cost £6 - they are awful by the way 

I would continue to watch them but just as now, I wouldn’t care about the result 

I support Oldham Athletic and no one else 

Yeah, Rammy are my local non league side. And I’ve been occasionally, it’s a good crack. But I don’t give a toss if they win or not. 

52 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, Rammy are my local non league side. And I’ve been occasionally, it’s a good crack. But I don’t give a toss if they win or not. 

I could never support anyone else whilst OAFC in existence, I would consider a phoenix club in the event that Latics were no more. 

I have been enjoying going to non-league games in the FA Cup qualifying rounds, in NWCFL and others, lovely to see football clubs who actually value fans!! The work of volunteers at these clubs is legendary and it has made me even sadder at the plight of Latics, particularly off the field. 

I enjoy going to Rammy, nice little club & quite happy to see them win but its not the same as actually supporting them

7 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I could never support anyone else whilst OAFC in existence, I would consider a phoenix club in the event that Latics were no more. 

I have been enjoying going to non-league games in the FA Cup qualifying rounds, in NWCFL and others, lovely to see football clubs who actually value fans!! The work of volunteers at these clubs is legendary and it has made me even sadder at the plight of Latics, particularly off the field. 

I enjoy going to Rammy, nice little club & quite happy to see them win but its not the same as actually supporting them

I don’t see us folding, but I do think we are going to have multiple relegations- Stockport esque. But as long as their gone, it genuinely doesn’t bother me what level I’m watching - as long as it’s still Latics. 

Give me Latics in conference north, over a Phoenix/caring about another club any day of the week. 

I am just enjoying watching non-league football mate, no particular preference who wins 

Would happily follow OAFC in any Division once they (ALMO & preferably Blitz & Co) have gone, get our soul back whatever the price. 

If OAFC did go into liquidation, no idea but would consider a phoenix possibly       

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

In my oft' pickled brain I always thought it a good idea to build a brand new 10,000 seater stadium in the hills above Denshaw off exit 22 of the M62. It would a) be the highest ground in the football leagues (stealing West Brom's crown) b) be easily accessible for away fans via the M62 c) be a true "ice station zebra" ensuring 100% home wins against southern softies in winter and d) still be in Oldham - although I suspect we'd get the white rose lot reminding us of the historic county boundaries!

There is so much land up there but that place has a different climate to the rest of Oldham. 

12 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

1... phoenix club

2... Merge with Bury 

3... go bust, end of

4... stick with ALMO

I have family connections with Oldham Athletic that go back 100 years.

As long as this club exists i’ll follow it anywhere. 

But I don’t live in Oldham any more. If we merged or there was a phoenix club I would wish it nothing but success - but it wouldn’t be my team and it wouldn’t be local for me either. I’d have no rational or emotional reason to get involved.

Instead, I’d go and watch my local NWCFL team - I went there instead of the Barrow game because I was too pissed off at the idea of putting money in the owners’ pockets last week. It was a bloody great Saturday afternoon out.

57 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

I have family connections with Oldham Athletic that go back 100 years.

As long as this club exists i’ll follow it anywhere. 

But I don’t live in Oldham any more. If we merged or there was a phoenix club I would wish it nothing but success - but it wouldn’t be my team and it wouldn’t be local for me either. I’d have no rational or emotional reason to get involved.

Instead, I’d go and watch my local NWCFL team - I went there instead of the Barrow game because I was too pissed off at the idea of putting money in the owners’ pockets last week. It was a bloody great Saturday afternoon out.

Your connections with the club are probably the same as many many fans.

I follow in the footsteps of family too. I also no longer live in Oldham, and not being able to go every Saturday was very hard for me at first, moving away really makes what is imortant to you very real, Oldham Athletic for me was and still is one of the biggest misses in my life being 150 miles away.

I am lucky to have witnessed our greatest period, now it seems I am witnessing our worst.

I can't imagine there being no more Latics or Boundary park, when I go now, at 50 years old I still look around the place and think of the 70s & 80s being stood in the Chaddy with my late dad and uncles etc.

For it to not be there anymore would be like a bereavement.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Your connections with the club are probably the same as many many fans.

I follow in the footsteps of family too. I also no longer live in Oldham, and not being able to go every Saturday was very hard for me at first, moving away really makes what is imortant to you very real, Oldham Athletic for me was and still is one of the biggest misses in my life being 150 miles away.

I am lucky to have witnessed our greatest period, now it seems I am witnessing our worst.

I can't imagine there being no more Latics or Boundary park, when I go now, at 50 years old I still look around the place and think of the 70s & 80s being stood in the Chaddy with my late dad and uncles etc.

For it to not be there anymore would be like a bereavement.

100% echo this. Im 46, so i’ve seen the best and the worst. I can’t imagine it not being there and nothing would replace it.

Having said that, this week I feel like we’re winning, the tide is turning.

Archived