Our injury list

Moving from a depressing off-the-field topic to a depressing on-the-field one...

From what I gather our injury list looks like this:

Jordan Clarke

Sam Hart

Ouss Cisse

Harrison McGahey

Jack Stobbs

Danny Rogers

Jamie Hopcutt

Add to that Bahamboula currently being on international duty and (an educated guess) Dearnley getting injured in the warm up on Saturday.

From the list of 7, how many of those players are out long term (say a month or longer)?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Moving from a depressing off-the-field topic to a depressing on-the-field one...

Jordan Clarke

Sam Hart

Ouss Cisse

Harrison McGahey

Jack Stobbs

Danny Rogers

Jamie Hopcutt

Add to that Bahamboula currently being on international duty and (an educated guess) Dearnley getting injured in the warm up on Saturday.

From the list of 7, how many of those players are out long term (say a month or longer)?

When asked about Clarke KC had no idea how long he was out for.

A strange answer.

Leutwiler may be another. He didn't look right on Saturday and Pidge was taking the dead ball kicks. When clearing the ball he used his right foot several times, when he's left footed. It may have been tactics, but it looked odd. 

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Jordan Clarke

Sam Hart

Ouss Cisse

Harrison McGahey

Jack Stobbs

Danny Rogers

Jamie Hopcutt

And Keith Curle is hanging on to his job by a thread...Great fun being a latics supporter 

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Not entirely convinced McGahey is injured.

Rogers and Stobbs wouldn't be starters if fit.

The others are more concerning.  Cisse's injury looked the type that may be a few weeks, and who knows if Dearnley will ever manage more than 10 games a season.

Cisse 3 months isn’t it?

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Cisse 3 months isn’t it?

Something like that. 

This is why I find it crazy that people are saying spending money on physios is a waste. 

At the moment, how much money are we paying to injured players?  Physios earn peanuts compared to footballers, but we need every first team player making every appearance they can.

5 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Something like that. 

This is why I find it crazy that people are saying spending money on physios is a waste. 

At the moment, how much money are we paying to injured players?  Physios earn peanuts compared to footballers, but we need every first team player making every appearance they can.

The starting salary for a physio straight out of university in the NHS is £25k, quite a number of our players won’t make that. 

I’d imagine our physios are on at least £30k and the senior of the 2 may well be on £40k. So effectively our senior physio is making as much money as we are currently able to offer any new player.

At Premier League level I grant you physios probably don’t make what they should, after all there are only 20 clubs in the country. But in League 1 and 2 they will make a competitive salary compared with the NHS. Although a few years ago physios were in excess supply, I doubt that’s the case these days though.

6 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The starting salary for a physio straight out of university in the NHS is £25k, quite a number of our players won’t make that. 

I’d imagine our physios are on at least £30k and the senior of the 2 may well be on £40k. So effectively our senior physio is making as much money as we are currently able to offer any new player.

At Premier League level I grant you physios probably don’t make what they should, after all there are only 20 clubs in the country. But in League 1 and 2 they will make a competitive salary compared with the NHS. Although a few years ago physios were in excess supply, I doubt that’s the case these days though.

Sorry mate, you are forgetting one thing. When our physios decide they want to be paid on time, and want a wage to reflect the position and workload, they get told by our club that they can go. They are replaced by inexperienced staff wanting to get into football and hence will to accept a much lower wage.

The exact same policy was applied to our recent club Doctor of 30 years.

Anybody asked yet why we need two physios? Bob Jay worked on his own for donkeys years, as did Ian Liversidge, who also had time to run private clinics at B.P. both of whom had multiple players on the bench at the same time. Perhaps its the players who are big softies, two weeks out with a septic sock.

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

Sorry mate, you are forgetting one thing. When our physios decide they want to be paid on time, and want a wage to reflect the position and workload, they get told by our club that they can go. They are replaced by inexperienced staff wanting to get into football and hence will to accept a much lower wage.

The exact same policy was applied to our recent club Doctor of 30 years.

I thought the doc left because he didn't want to put up with watching players being bullied

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

Anybody asked yet why we need two physios? Bob Jay worked on his own for donkeys years, as did Ian Liversidge, who also had time to run private clinics at B.P. both of whom had multiple players on the bench at the same time. Perhaps its the players who are big softies, two weeks out with a septic sock.

Suspect they were receiving a proper wage on time mate, they were there in better times for the club. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I thought the doc left because he didn't want to put up with watching players being bullied

No, the Doc left because he had taken 20% lower wage for the Covid year to help the club out, and he had the cheek to ask for that to be reinstated for this season. 

Earlier he had taken a stand against the bullying.  The club clearly saw this as an excuse to get rid of him and refused to revert to the previous wage level. 

His option was either accept the same pay as the covid year or leave.

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Suspect they were receiving a proper wage on time mate, they were there in better times for the club. 

Better times indeed but Bob had his Royal Navy pension to supplement his poor wages and I had his private physio clinic for the same reason.

5 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Any of the ITK lot have any info on this or is it just rumours?

Rumors' at the moment but it's not hard to lend credence to it - he is one of only 2 players who signed on a 2 year contract against the terms of the EFL loan- he is yet to play a game and the other only played after a renegotiated 1 year deal

Archived