OASF new website 25.10.21, official launch event on 30.10.21

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think the constant bashing of the work done before must begin to grate after a while.

Other than a few surveys and fantasy talk of raising a million quid not sure all that much has changed.

Membership numbers have gone up a fair bit. 

26 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Only going off what I have seen and heard in the public domain

The truth is we dont know what conflict has occurred to result in the resignations 

Saying that, it must be significant for Tracy to resign, who my understanding is, has been with the Trust / Foundation from day one

OASF statement required 

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

If not since day one, a very long time metty 

ohhhh.......not the very, very start in 2004 haha

8 years 2 stints

Longest serving was 16yrs off top of my head

However technically speaking, was at the start of the strategy for fan ownership which we made plans for 18 months ago and launched April last year. Does this count?

Also, a massive thank you to all of you on here as your insights, discussions have lead to many lightbulb moments. Additionally, those that I twisted their arm right up there backs and volunteer their skills, knowledge and time

22 minutes ago, underdog said:

ohhhh.......not the very, very start in 2004 haha

8 years 2 stints

Longest serving was 16yrs off top of my head

However technically speaking, was at the start of the strategy for fan ownership which we made plans for 18 months ago and launched April last year. Does this count?

Also, a massive thank you to all of you on here as your insights, discussions have lead to many lightbulb moments. Additionally, those that I twisted their arm right up there backs and volunteer their skills, knowledge and time

very well played 

dont forget to do a comprehensive documented handover 

Best Wishes 

Rumour has it that some members of the new trust had been influenced by the Leyton Orient trust in order to dig as much dirt as possible on the owners and there was reference to LO trust even paying overseas people to see if they could find something. It could well have been misconstrued but there was a suggestion it could have been taken as blackmail. Not sure if thats why the resignations have occurred but if there was any truth in underhand tactics i could see why.

No idea what's gone on ...and not really interested. The "Trust" (in whatever guise) has long been an abject failure (as an organisation). No effective leadership, no effective strategy, quite unprofessional at times, no consistency, past directors jumping ship from "Trust" board to "Club" board. Too often, personal ego has come before fans' interests; I could go on. Tbh, as an organisation, it's been a joke and has let the fans down badly many times. 

If this football club ever needs saving, I sincerely doubt the "Trust" will be capable of doing it.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Rumour has it that some members of the new trust had been influenced by the Leyton Orient trust in order to dig as much dirt as possible on the owners and there was reference to LO trust even paying overseas people to see if they could find something. It could well have been misconstrued but there was a suggestion it could have been taken as blackmail. Not sure if thats why the resignations have occurred but if there was any truth in underhand tactics i could see why.

Good lads.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Made me chuckle this 

Am pretty sure we know all we need to know about AL without some undercover espionage activities in the Middle East 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

No idea what's gone on ...and not really interested. The "Trust" (in whatever guise) has long been an abject failure (as an organisation). No effective leadership, no effective strategy, quite unprofessional at times, no consistency, past directors jumping ship from "Trust" board to "Club" board. Too often, personal ego has come before fans' interests; I could go on. Tbh, as an organisation, it's been a joke and has let the fans down badly many times. 

If this football club ever needs saving, I sincerely doubt the "Trust" will be capable of doing it.

I remember when you were wedged up the trust for a week 

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

And your suggested solution ?

14 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Is it the people on the trust you don’t like or the idea of the trust? Cos the former is not fixed and there are people on it that I guarantee share your views and are pursuing a course of action which I think you would probably agree with. 

what’s the problem exactly? 

A trust with a board and a majority vote system, will always see a more moderate course arrived at then an autocracy would  Anyone outside that looking in has their own opinion as to which way the trust should move.  There are those (not few in number) who will tend to criticise when that board doesn’t come to the same conclusion. (Obviously I’m right, so they must be idiots).

Problems can occur when board members have characters that won’t accept the concept of the majority view. Those people think a board needs a “strong” leader. However, what a board needs is a clever leader who is able make everyone feel their views are properly taken on board and hence accept the majority vote.  If that leader is able to guide the board to doing what the majority of fans want, win win.

17 hours ago, PeteG said:

I know what you are referring to and I can assure you that this is not the reason why I resigned.

We were passed on information 2nd hand, about OASF with suggestions on how to use the business. It had some interesting ideas. Some we could use, some that did not fit our circumstances.

Correct protocol was followed. It was flagged immediately to the board of OASF, we discussed it and dismissed it.

Covered in OASF published meeting notes

November meeting notes

Thanks

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

A trust with a board and a majority vote system, will always see a more moderate course arrived at then an autocracy would  Anyone outside that looking in has their own opinion as to which way the trust should move.  There are those (not few in number) who will tend to criticise when that board doesn’t come to the same conclusion. (Obviously I’m right, so they must be idiots).

Problems can occur when board members have characters that won’t accept the concept of the majority view. Those people think a board needs a “strong” leader. However, what a board needs is a clever leader who is able make everyone feel their views are properly taken on board and hence accept the majority vote.  If that leader is able to guide the board to doing what the majority of fans want, win win.

The board is too small. Two people can almost constitute a majority so it doesn’t work in that sense. Inevitable that a divide will emerge in such circumstances. There aren’t enough people to cover the full spectrum of view points in respect of any individual issue so hard for moderation and any position of compromise to be found. It needs more people - not to do the work but to ensure that the full breadth of perspectives on critical issues are properly represented and given equal air time 

25 minutes ago, Andy b said:

The board is too small. Two people can almost constitute a majority so it doesn’t work in that sense. Inevitable that a divide will emerge in such circumstances. There aren’t enough people to cover the full spectrum of view points in respect of any individual issue so hard for moderation and any position of compromise to be found. It needs more people - not to do the work but to ensure that the full breadth of perspectives on critical issues are properly represented and given equal air time 

you have been there Andy, just like I have. To add:

Ideally, with an understanding of your OASF articles and Companies house act to ensure correct processes are followed at all times. The boring stuff as Philippa used to say.

Ideally, to serve your apprenticeship/get a good grounding before you make that leap and decide to stand for director elections. Especially, if you have not been in a position of fiduciary responsibility. You co-opt first.

However saying this, OASF is a baptism of fire, you are not only hitting the ground running from day one but blooming grenades are being fired at your whilst you are learning "how to be a director".

You tend to drop the odd grenade, I know I did but you apologies, learn and move on.

you also need teams/departments that should just crack on and report in. But as you know Andy, there are too few and you end up doing it all....and sometimes not that well.

I hope the skillscan of the fanbase will identify and recruit that army that will free up the directors more and it can move efficiently to "be ready" the best it can.

Cheers

On 2/4/2022 at 11:28 AM, Worcester Owl said:

Can't see anything on the OASF website or Companies House, what's happened?

They should be both showing or about to show at CH in next day or so

I self terminated myself today, sounds so wrong on so many levels that hahah

Delayed as we had to sort the logistics out with signatories at the bank this AM

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:16 PM, wiseowl said:

On 2/5/2022 at 10:33 AM, Mercater said:

Still nothing on the trusts site. Maybe next weeks BPAS will have some news or further info

In the absence of anything from the club, it would be good to have an update from the Trust on where the proposed sale of the club stands.

Confidentiality can be maintained whilst providing a progress report on potential buyers.

If the OASF does not have this information then tell us and maybe pursue an update on the fan’s behalf.

Just a thought.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:56 AM, underdog said:

I know what you are referring to and I can assure you that this is not the reason why I resigned.

We were passed on information 2nd hand, about OASF with suggestions on how to use the business. It had some interesting ideas. Some we could use, some that did not fit our circumstances.

Correct protocol was followed. It was flagged immediately to the board of OASF, we discussed it and dismissed it.

Covered in OASF published meeting notes

November meeting notes

Thanks

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the minutes however there is one reference to the Leyton Orient trust and it's this:

Tracy also clarifies the wording surrounding the Leyton Orient Fans Trust email.

If Leyton Orient are trying to influence what our trust does that email should be made public or at least included in the minutes. Can i ask why it hasn't?

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the minutes however there is one reference to the Leyton Orient trust and it's this:

Tracy also clarifies the wording surrounding the Leyton Orient Fans Trust email.

If Leyton Orient are trying to influence what our trust does that email should be made public or at least included in the minutes. Can i ask why it hasn't?

Why would Leytons trust want to influence our trust?! What do they gain from that? 😂 literally makes zero sense ‘Pete’. 

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

I was not at the December meeting to approve the Nov notes, I'm afraid.

However, I asked for clarity on OASF stance with regards to its suggested content. Some good/some controversial ideas. 

I asked for clarity with regards to a October " chat" with the party the email was addressed to, as I was not involved in that chat either.

Unfortunatley, I am unable to say anymore as I am pending legal advice on my status as an ex-oasf director and what I can and cannot say in the public domain.

However, If you are a member, you could contact OASF and raise it as an item for the March meeting agenda?

Agenda should be drafted and sent 10 days before a meeting. So you could very well be in time

Just contact the "hello" email address

Cheers

Archived