Tonight

Just been watching County on tv.

What a fabulous  performance. They would beat us  any day of the week.

Time our squad realised they are dragging us down to play them along with this sad manager and owner

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

County and Halifax both wiped the floor with Latics pre-season several years ago. Latics throughout the last 2/3 seasons have been operating at a level equivalent to most of the National League and are now declining whereas many of the clubs in that league are strengthening both on and off the pitch.   

Both County and Halifax are on an upward trend now after having their horror days and, thankfully for them, their position appears to have bottomed out. 

We are in the midst of our horror story, neither landlord nor owners give a shit about Latics' welfare as a club and, until they go and some new investment is attracted (from whatever source), our decline as a club will only continue. 

On the field things are desperate and we appear to be in a season long struggle to keep above the drop zone but off the field is even worse, there is no foundation (other than the renamed Trust) from which to build anything that might resemble a base from which the club can recover.     

Caught bits of it on telly. Looked a great performance and a great crowd/atmosphere. To think we used to take thousands to Edgeley not too long ago. We have fallen very swiftly in all respects (even more so over the past couple of years) and I honestly think the hardcore we once had has gone forever (if that makes sense!) - what I mean is that our hardcore is now so small that we really are the very poor relation to some of our neighbours - league and non-league.

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

But, but, but, if we go down we’ll never come back. . . 

Absolute nonsense. 

County are THE example of falling and falling and then change happens and the ‘rebirth’ is a wonderful thing. 

We’ll come again. 

So you're saying in ten years we might be 11th in the Conference and win the whole of football because we beat Bolton in the Cup?

Well I for one am strapped in and can't wait for the journey to start...

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

But, but, but, if we go down we’ll never come back. . . 

Absolute nonsense. 

County are THE example of falling and falling and then change happens and the ‘rebirth’ is a wonderful thing. 

We’ll come again. 

County have been reborn because Mark Stott bought the football club in Jan 2020 not because they got relegated out of the football league in 2011. Even now they still face a long road back to even L2 level.

All this talk of relegation being the kick start leaves me wondering what the hell people are drinking.

Only three things getting us out of this hell hole we are in.

1..... AL leaves and new owners with the correct skills, ambition and wealth replace him. 

2..... AL decides to pay off debts and strengthens the team.

3..... Curle gets replaced and we get a new manger bounce.

Im not one of those who say we will cease to exist if we drop because I dont have that crystal ball, but there is absolutely enough evidence to suggest we could be in non league for a long time.

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

So you're saying in ten years we might be 11th in the Conference and win the whole of football because we beat Bolton in the Cup?

Well I for one am strapped in and can't wait for the journey to start...

It’s a bit deeper than what league your in and an FA cup win, but that’s obviously gone right over your head. 

It’s about hope, renewal and being happy to turn up. County have had two promotions and feel like their on the way up again. 

The division is Irrelevant,  why are they getting 5/6k in non league when we can’t muster half that? It’s because it’s got it’s soul back and is being run properly. 

Give me non league (for a while or a long time) and a proper club again and I’ll snatch your hand off. 

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

County have been reborn because Mark Stott bought the football club in Jan 2020 not because they got relegated out of the football league in 2011. Even now they still face a long road back to even L2 level.

And . . Your point is? 

I didn’t say relegation was the catalyst for change. You’ve made that up. I was referring to the constant false assumption that non league means death. It doesn’t. County needed to bottom out- they did and changed ownership. Crowds are now back to a healthy league two level. 

They have hope again, and reassurance the club is run properly and is on upward curve. Something we haven’t had for a long long time. 

If you build it, they will come. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

And . . Your point is? 

I didn’t say relegation was the catalyst for change. You’ve made that up. I was referring to the constant false assumption that non league means death. It doesn’t. County needed to bottom out- they did and changed ownership. Crowds are now back to a healthy league two level. 

They have hope again, and reassurance the club is run properly and is on upward curve. Something we haven’t had for a long long time. 

I love your optimism 

I personally think we'll be fucked!!!

16 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I love your optimism 

I personally think we'll be fucked!!!

If the ownership doesn’t change- we’re fucked.

If the ground isn’t made whole with the club in the medium to long term- we’re fucked. 

Neither will happen while we are still in the league because AL’s price will hold. As perverse as it sounds we actually need relegation- to get rid of AL 

If/When AL goes and if/when Blitz sells - then I’m absolutely certain we’ll be back and relative quickly and when it happens the division we find ourselves in will be completely irrelevant to having the club back. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

And . . Your point is? 

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall anyone saying relegation = death.

Our Owner will be gone within the next few years and when that ownership changes we need to be in as higher position as possible to start the rebuild. I think you are being a little blase though about the effects of relegation it won't be pretty and even under new ownership getting back up will be very difficult.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall anyone saying relegation = death.

Our Owner will be gone within the next few years and when that ownership changes we need to be in as higher position as possible to start the rebuild. I think you are being a little blase though about the effects of relegation it won't be pretty and even under new ownership getting back up will be very difficult.

Touché 😉

Absolutely no doubt it will be tough, but I think we’re talking about two different things and may explain why you think I’m being blasé. (Which I’m not)  You’re highlighting on the pitch, I’m talking about off the pitch which as a community club must come first and moreover has to come first before the on the pitch is sorted or reflects a well run club.  I do accept though that better infrastructure and decent ownership only take goodwill so far- ultimately if your not getting results in any division fans will ultimately fade away again. Despite all the County owners good work they wouldn’t be getting the crowds they are if they hadn’t started winning. I also take your point that you want the take over in the highest league possible- that’s goes without saying. 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Touché 😉

Absolutely no doubt it will be tough, but I think we’re talking about two different things and may explain why you think I’m being blasé. (Which I’m not)  You’re highlighting on the pitch, I’m talking about off the pitch which as a community club must come first and moreover has to come first before the on the pitch is sorted or reflects a well run club.  I do accept though that better infrastructure and decent ownership only take goodwill so far- ultimately if your not getting results in any division fans will ultimately fade away again. Despite all the County owners good work they wouldn’t be getting the crowds they are if they hadn’t started winning. I also take your point that you want the take over in the highest league possible- that’s goes without saying. 

I endorse this statement.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s a bit deeper than what league your in and an FA cup win, but that’s obviously gone right over your head. 

It’s about hope, renewal and being happy to turn up. County have had two promotions and feel like their on the way up again. 

The division is Irrelevant,  why are they getting 5/6k in non league when we can’t muster half that? It’s because it’s got it’s soul back and is being run properly. 

Give me non league (for a while or a long time) and a proper club again and I’ll snatch your hand off. 

I hear what you're saying - you don't care what it looks like as long as you can enjoy it and be proud of it. I want the same.

However the chances of that happening are slim in the division we're in and will be slimmer the further down we go. The rot has set in for too long and too many people have lost interest. 

I don't think I'd even swap with Stockport at the moment. Eleventh in the league smacks of them being unable to produce a Bolton display on a regular basis. They could be there for years. Will the interest still be there after several failed attempts to get promoted?

We need to stay in the league and stay relevant. People have predicted a stirring comeback after our last three relegations and it just hasn't happened. We'd have even less chance now under the worse owners we've ever had...

15 hours ago, JoeP said:

I hear what you're saying - you don't care what it looks like as long as you can enjoy it and be proud of it. I want the same.

However the chances of that happening are slim in the division we're in and will be slimmer the further down we go. The rot has set in for too long and too many people have lost interest. 

I don't think I'd even swap with Stockport at the moment. Eleventh in the league smacks of them being unable to produce a Bolton display on a regular basis. They could be there for years. Will the interest still be there after several failed attempts to get promoted?

We need to stay in the league and stay relevant. People have predicted a stirring comeback after our last three relegations and it just hasn't happened. We'd have even less chance now under the worse owners we've ever had...

You can’t isolate 11th in league, without giving it its proper context. IE how low they fell and how much they’ve come back up and rebuilt. I think we’ll be on a very similar trajectory to them in the years to come. 

Of course we want to stay in the league, but it’s fantasy Joe. A lot on here still think we’re relevant and post nonsense about staying up or a change in ownership. Despite knowing that no sane person will pay 12 million for badge and ground.

I do care what it looks like, and it’s not some nice rosy picture where we all hug each other at games and say we’ve got our club back as we go 1 down to Stalybridge, it’s going to be very shit to watch and take years to come back, but that is the reality. 

The debate isn’t about what we want in an ideal world, as I think we would all largely agree. It’s about where we’re going, and accepting a new reality - which is as a non league team. We then need to hope AL cuts his losses and we can start over, and someone will take it on and look after It. 

Season tickets sales went up went we last got relegated. Then what happened- we didn’t produce on the pitch and fans faded away again. It’s going to take years to build our fanbase back and two things need to happen, AL leaving and winning football. 

50 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You can’t isolate 11th in league, without giving it its proper context. IE how low they fell and how much they’ve come back up and rebuilt. I think we’ll be on a very similar trajectory to them in the years to come. 

Of course we want to stay in the league, but it’s fantasy Joe. A lot on here still think we’re relevant and post nonsense about staying up or a change in ownership. Despite knowing that no sane person will pay 12 million for badge and ground.

I do care what it looks like, and it’s not some nice rosy picture where we all hug each other at games and say we’ve got our club back as we go 1 down to Stalybridge, it’s going to be very shit to watch and take years to come back, but that is the reality. 

The debate isn’t about what we want in an ideal world, as I think we would all largely agree. It’s about where we’re going, and accepting a new reality - which is as a non league team. We then need to hope AL cuts his losses and we can start over, and someone will take it on and look after It. 

Season tickets sales went up went we last got relegated. Then what happened- we didn’t produce on the pitch and fans faded away again. It’s going to take years to build our fanbase back and two things need to happen, AL leaving and winning football. 

Well yeah, but I really don't think getting relegated out of the league is the way to go about getting that. I'd rather the revolution started NOW before it gets to that stage. 

Stockport have had their two promotions, following their two relegations - why do we have to have the two relegations before it turns round? And what makes you think it will turn around? Why does being run better have to mean relegation?

It's going to be fucking hard staying up this season, but a lot easier than dropping into the abyss and having to claw our way back, whoever the owners are...

On 11/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, League one forever said:

They are only on their way back because they have been lucky enough to find a local rich owner. There is no guarantee that we would.

Personally, I think it's imperative that we maintain our league status. The Oldham Metropolitan Borough (OMB) is quite different to Stockport Metropolitan Borough (SMB). SMB has a significantly higher population and its demographics provide a distinct advantage. They have a far bigger pool of "potential fans" to draw from and, if I am really honest, I think County has always had a better affinity with its borough's population than we ever have.

If we went into non league, I have no doubt there would be some really nice, keen and eager fans who would gather round to steady the ship initially and then try to re-build but, ultimately, I think we would rapidly disappear into obscurity.

A dilapidated ground on the wrong side of town would, in itself, severely hamper us. Where on Earth would the money come from to even sustain the infrastructure never mind improve it? 

A wealthy owner, with genuine motives and realistic ambition, is the only thing that will save us in my opinion.

Archived