Abdallah looking to sell!

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

His biggest mistake was letting his brother have anything to do with the club, with good management and player investment I don't think we'd be where we are now, maybe still in Division 1.

remember it was AL who started it all off by interfering in the dressing room

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a reminder that our owner is a proven liar, and this could just be an attempt to get PTB and OASF to back off in the meantime.

I hope it's the truth, as it will be the best news I've heard in a long, long time. Keep up the pressure though folks, we can't take our foot off the pedal just because of this statement

This could be the beginning of the end of this sorry, sorry 4 year saga. 

Fans want him to sell, he his saying this is a an option now. 

We have to believe this is true, yes it could be bull,  but he's given us the first bit of hope since he took over whenever he did, we can't always look for a negative in everything, it wont happen overnight but it now might happen,  we have to help win over future owners.

Imo BP should be as packed as possible to show any interested parties what BP can be like.

I know the boycotters have their reasons but come on, Im no businessman but If Im buying something I want to see it as it could be or at its best.

Perhaps this is the positive news referred to by Adam Moralee a few days ago. Moralee’s comment leads me to consider AL’s statement genuine.

We remain nailed-on favourites for the drop, and there can be no guarantees over the financial strength/quality of the credible bidders, but this is a chink of light at the end of a long and dark tunnel.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not that I expect any confidences to be broken but  wonder if either OASF or PTB could indicate whether they have an idea who the credible buyers might be?

I'm pretty sure they do.

2 minutes ago, redlion said:

IF this is genuine then I'd expect to see some decent signings quick. Otherwise, with no signings or the usual standard of signings then I think we can assume it's the usual lies or bollocks.

Still leaves questions unanswered:

How does he propose to strengthen the squad when we are under an embargo and only have one free slot in the squad?
Is Selim to stay as Interim Manager until the end of the season?

Does he think that he will get back the money he has put in over the past four years?
😮

This could just be the start of years of AL refusing bids that he deems too low but part of me thinks that he is trying to get a buyer before we lose our league status. He surely has to bring in signings and a manager to try and keep us up to increase his odds of getting anything like a decent sum of money for what is essentially a badge and a poor squad of players. 

5 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Lets get pete wild back in charge a man that loves and supports the club be great start, great news to the new year, let's hope new buyers bid quick and sold quick

he'd be bonkers to leave what he's doing at Halifax at this stage

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Still leaves questions unanswered:

How does he propose to strengthen the squad when we are under an embargo and only have one free slot in the squad?
Is Selim to stay as Interim Manager until the end of the season?

Does he think that he will get back the money he has put in over the past four years?
😮

he’s realised we are doomed and a national league club is worth a lot less than LG2. I doubt any money will be coming in and he will try and shift it ASAP while he can still claim we are in the football league. Cannot see money going in when he hasn’t done before and is now selling 

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Maybe a credible buyer has stated the desire to purchase a EFL club rather than non league..... 

Hopefully we will see a couple of players come in.

I would take the credible bidders bit with a pinch of salt. Corney always said he'd only sell to someone who could take us forward and look what happened there.

We'll have no control over who, or if, he sells to. Once they've had a good look at the state the club is in they may withdraw any interest. It give us some hope, which is more than I had a couple of hours ago.

56 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Abdallah came on the scene in the Summer of 2017, right? The sale wasn’t completed for a further 6 months even though he was in the country and fully committed to the purchase.

I hope I’m wrong but celebrations seem premature - could be a while off this.

True, but apparently he was the man financing the signings whilst Corney was still in charge. 

5 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

I would take the credible bidders bit with a pinch of salt. Corney always said he'd only sell to someone who could take us forward and look what happened there.

We'll have no control over who, or if, he sells to. Once they've had a good look at the state the club is in they may withdraw any interest. It give us some hope, which is more than I had a couple of hours ago.

The truth is none of us know, we only make assumptions and we all have different opinions.

But we all want to see us back to being a decent football club once again. Hope...... 

6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The truth is none of us know, we only make assumptions and we all have different opinions.

But we all want to see us back to being a decent football club once again. Hope...... 

Hope springs eternal (except Hallam)

I admire redlion's brevity 😀

There are two distinct elements to this, aren't there? The promise about talking to prospective buyers could take months to come to fruition and it is hard to get behind it while it going on. Unless you are speaking to prospective buyers yourselves, of course, and anyone worth their salt would WANT  to talk to you.

The second part - about team strengthening - can be judged in about three weeks or so. 

Possibly a big step forward, what you are doing is clearly having an impact and to my way of thinking there is absolutely no mileage in letting up just yet. 

Archived