Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Any ‘credible’ buyer must be looking to buy both the club and assets. Therein lies a problem… as surely any ‘credible’ buyer will be put off but the price unless AL and Blitz are prepared to cut their asking prices significantly. 

Get the club bought first-secure its future then sort out the ground.

46 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Not sure if its been discussed on here before, but over the Christmas period I met up with a friend who is connected with Barnsley - the rumour he shared was that the son of their former owner Patrick Cryne (James Cryne) was interested in buying Oldham Athletic.

Apprarently he is still responsible for the families 20% stake in the club, but has the family money (circa £150m) and has set up his own company (a pretty intelligent mathematician apparently) creating and selling data on sport to clubs etc.  He thinks he can do a 'moneybag' approach and make a small team successful (a bit like the Brentford model).

At the time I took the rumour with a pinch of salt and also that AL had always expressed the view that he was not selling....but maybe he is one of the interested parties?

He would have to find a buyer for the 20% stake in Barnsley before being able to buy OAFC. He would be using us as an experiment in his mathematical model, which may work out well  and may not, but he does have the cash to put it eight if it didn't work out.

From the tone of the statement, It appears the proverbial penny has finally dropped and he has given up any hope of holding onto the club and achieving whatever he perceives as a successful venture. Credible bidders suggests to me a best offer scenario and not a fixed, non-negotiable price. We have no idea of what his "medium term" statement means, in terms of time, but short term is exactly that because time is rapidly running out for the club and its league status.

Bullets in envelopes? I would hope that no genuine Latics fan would do such stupid thing but, as we have seen, people have been so incensed, maybe a snapping point has been reached by someone and it's a desperate, if misguided, act of anger.

Interesting times ahead, on top of the relegation inevitability. Despite the scepticism, he is right about getting behind the team but for that to happen, the team itself needs to elicit a response with decent performances.

It's a tough ask.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Get the club bought first-secure its future then sort out the ground.

A sensible buyer would be negotiating both simultaneously. Otherwise, they know they would be over a barrel with Blitz playing hard ball again.  Rinse and repeat. This is obvious. 

26 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but is this another part of the jig-saw falling into line?

FLG buy OEC

Possibly. But buying a business that’s just a tenant in the North Stand doesn’t really mean much at this stage.  If they were buying the stand/ground why bother buying OEC first?  Anyhow, we’ll know soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Maybe we arte due another Shezurection...he's available

I think he's a true Oldham legend, but his ship has well and truly sailed. His last few appointments have been terrible. He doesn't appear bothered, and he belongs to a different epoch. Please, please don't bring him back. 

Now, Ian Dowie, that's another thing.......or not.

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Suppose in typical Oldham fashion somebody has already ridiculously stated that we don’t want Mike Ashley ? 🙄

Anyone saying this has truly lost the plot! Won’t happen but i’d be buzzing if it did. 

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Anyone saying this has truly lost the plot! Won’t happen but i’d be buzzing if it did. 

20 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Suppose in typical Oldham fashion somebody has already ridiculously stated that we don’t want Mike Ashley ? 🙄

Mike Ashley is a rich man but he didn't put money into Newcastle he used it as a massive billboard for Sports Direct.

It depends what his intentions are I'm not sure he'd be interested tbh.

Archived