Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What? Strange response. Sent to BPark… obviously. 

Lets not start deflecting moronic behaviour of some small minded lunatic by saying it is some Jussie Smollett type of theatre. This was wrong. 

It's more strange that you take what they are saying as gospel.

We have every right to question what they say with their track record.

16 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Caught the end of it, sounded like Matt did pretty well. Usual arrogance from Jordan and a great line from White “Abdallah sent me a message yesterday…” and then he read out the same statement that the club published!!!

Yeah he was making some rather sweeping statements about supporters trusts about not coming up with solutions despite the fact that ours have been coming with solutions for a long time now.

14 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

While we have seen alot of wolf crying going on this last few years we have to take this seriously right now and I'd expect the police to do the same until proved otherwise.

Not sure on his name, but the guy who clearly does not like supporter trusts was a bit of a dick. 

Poor owners should be called out by the fans regardless if they can economically provide the solution. We have been or attempting to provide solutions to AL through the 4 years he has been here. Just because we don’t have the funds to implement the solution doesn’t mean we shouldn’t voice them. 

18 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I take it at face value. It’s serious and so it deserves that. If it’s real then I hope they find the nut job, ban them  from all football grounds for life and lock them up. If it’s a lie then the police should get involved on a different basis. You’d rather say they made it up as a starting point. Fine. 

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not sure on his name, but the guy who clearly does not like supporter trusts was a bit of a dick. 

Poor owners should be called out by the fans regardless if they can economically provide the solution. We have been or attempting to provide solutions to AL through the 4 years he has been here. Just because we don’t have the funds to implement the solution doesn’t mean we shouldn’t voice them. 

That was Simon Jordan a man who lost the vast majority of his fortune at Crystal Palace hence why he has been reduced to being a motor mouth radio DJ. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

That was Simon Jordan a man who lost the vast majority of his fortune at Crystal Palace hence why he has been reduced to being a motor mouth radio DJ. 

Got an estimated net worth of $100 million and has multiple business interests so not sure he's relying on Talksport to pay his bills

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He made millions, lost it on a football club and then made it again. He’s no idiot. 

What I don't get about arguments such as Jordan's (which is inline with Barry Owen's and others) which seems to be that if you can't put up the cash to pay for the club yourself then pipe down. That doesn't necessarily have to be the only function of a supporters trust. They can also be there to work with any owner to help guide them and be the bridge between the owner and the fans. His attitude toward trusts is mirrored in a lot of owners, who presumably just want to be the big shot and make all the calls themselves. But it's counterproductive. Supporter organisations shouldn't be seen as a group of people who just want to snipe from the sidelines, they should be seen as an important ally.

54 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Got an estimated net worth of $100 million and has multiple business interests so not sure he's relying on Talksport to pay his bills

I stand corrected

Nethertheless he lost £40mil on palace and left them in administration they appear to have gone on to do rather well without him.

My main point though was he was talking shite making sweeping statements about supporters trusts.

6 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Caught the end of it, sounded like Matt did pretty well. Usual arrogance from Jordan and a great line from White “Abdallah sent me a message yesterday…” and then he read out the same statement that the club published!!!

Anyone got a link?

9 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

I don't believe anybody is taking what "they" say as gospel but to lie or deceive about receiving threats and bullets in the post would not only undermine his credibility in selling the club but also his future in business, as a businessman. On top of that, if the police are involved, then misleading them could result in charges for wasting police time, I would think.

My gut feeling is the ground is shifting under Lemsagam's feet and there is nothing he can do to prevent the inevitable outcome. I don't think the protests should stop and it is a real shame the match on Saturday has been postponed but the Covid virus has no interests in little old Latics.

11 hours ago, Wardie said:

I don't believe anybody is taking what "they" say as gospel but to lie or deceive about receiving threats and bullets in the post would not only undermine his credibility in selling the club but also his future in business, as a businessman. On top of that, if the police are involved, then misleading them could result in charges for wasting police time, I would think.

My gut feeling is the ground is shifting under Lemsagam's feet and there is nothing he can do to prevent the inevitable outcome. I don't think the protests should stop and it is a real shame the match on Saturday has been postponed but the Covid virus has no interests in little old Latics.

They have been wasting police time for 3 years and gotten away with it fine

Agree with the rest though

4 hours ago, Lewis said:

@JoeP Here is the Youtube link. Timestamp at 2 Hours 1 minute. 

Thanks for that. Fair play, Matt.

Jordan saying you don't know what it's like because you don't write the cheques is fair enough, but you don't have to know much about club ownership to understand how badly the club's been run over the last few years. Plus the Foundation have tried to find an alternative by encouraging the sale and liaising with potential owners. 

Take the win from that one, I reckon..

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Thanks for that. Fair play, Matt.

Jordan saying you don't know what it's like because you don't write the cheques is fair enough, but you don't have to know much about club ownership to understand how badly the club's been run over the last few years. Plus the Foundation have tried to find an alternative by encouraging the sale and liaising with potential owners. 

Take the win from that one, I reckon..

Jordan concluded AL was a clown. That's a win

Well, what a weird week that’s been.  Said on Twitter, must have been asked about bullets & letters by over 50 people this week.  The joys of your colleagues, clients, partners, suppliers all knowing you’re an Oldham Athletic fan.

Following a stupid bet 35 years ago, I’ve since been a fan of a football club from a town where I was neither born or have family.  Must have spent close to £100k on STs, away tickets, travelling 240 miles each home game, shirts & merch for wife & daughters.  Added 5 fans to the club - weirdly 2 are exes who still support us🤣.

Why have I posted that just then? Because I have to explain every time why a guy from the midlands supports a lower league football club miles away & facing relegation into non-league.

And you know what?  I haven’t regretted any second of it.  

The rough has far outweighed the smooth but I’ve seen us play at Anfield in our first top flight game in years with The Pearl scoring and we were ahead against Liverpool.  I was in that pub around the corner from Loftus Road just before our playoff semifinal against QPR.  I was locked in a corporate box at The John Smith when we beat Huddersfield Town 3-0 as their fans was after the head of Peter Jackson.  

I’ve seen us at the lowest of the low when I was following from an Internet cafe in Greece the bus journey to Oxfordshire & Chris Moore in that summer.  Where our team comprised of the McNivens, Holt, Hotte, Boshell and the like when team was decimated after Moore era… and then years later, getting to know Dowie via an annual charity event  and talking a few times whilst both drunk about how great the club was… but rejecting the offer of standing on the gantry with him on Soccer Saturday (charity bid win) in return for director box tickets at Boundary Park against Yeovil when Lee Johnson was beaten by his dad… sitting in the box with my daughter after pie & peas with Neil Joy in the boardroom….

So many memories and whatever happens this season, I still f***ing love the club that I took to my heart 35 years ago.  We’ll still be here if relegation happens and we’ll still be here when 🤡🤡 finally move on.  It’s a shame they never bonded with us fans because my life, littered with my affinity to this wonderful club with superb fans - none for a millisecond I would believe could post bullets in the post, is echoed by thousands of other OAFC fans.  It could have been great, they could have had our support in the thousands but they just did not “get it”.  It’s more than success, more than silverware … the patience and passion we all share, Abdallah should have embraced it and listened to us, accepted us and collectively worked together.

Anyway, this chapter of our history is almost over… onwards and upwards!  Enjoy your weekend without us playing but without another “L” blotting this damn season.

Archived