Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Sun in Ramsbottom?  That's less credible than AL! 😀

Summerseat actually… but I’m not there either…

I’m delighted to be able to tell you that I’m approximates 2500 miles south-south west.  I’ll have a beer for you…

🏖 😁

Any ‘credible’ buyer must be looking to buy both the club and assets. Therein lies a problem… as surely any ‘credible’ buyer will be put off but the price unless AL and Blitz are prepared to cut their asking prices significantly. 

Maybe the penny finally dropped that as of next year his investment is worth next to nothing, whereas a Football League club is at least worth something.  And something is better than nothing.

I am clinging to the hope that at the end of the day, he is a businessman.

If any if the fan groups do have some realistic prospects for new owners, now is the time to show their hand.

58 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nice bonus to be reading this as I was finishing off a nice lunch in the sun… 

Not holding my breath. 

Meat pie chips and peas washed down with a pint of mild was it, get back to the beach, hope its nice and warm down there, be joining you on the next island come Saturday, best to you both. Keep the dream alive!

12 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Meat pie chips and peas washed down with a pint of mild was it, get back to the beach, hope its nice and warm down there, be joining you on the next island come Saturday, best to you both. Keep the dream alive!

Who me!? I’m a sophisticated individual!  What is this ‘meat pie’ you speak of?

Cheers. Weather is great at the mo. We are back on Sunday. Have a good ‘un! 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

His biggest mistake was letting his brother have anything to do with the club, with good management and player investment I don't think we'd be where we are now, maybe still in Division 1.

That's one of many. For me, his biggest mistake was his model for success. This meant brining in large numbers of crap players from the lower leagues (mainly France), because he thought they be a great success and he could move on them at a profit. In doing this, he then made another huge mistake by undermining manager after manager. Then, his brother...

Also, he never had the financial clout to throw money at the problem should his model for success fail, which it did.

9 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That's one of many. For me, his biggest mistake was his model for success. This meant brining in large numbers of crap players from the lower leagues (mainly France), because he thought they be a great success and he could move on them at a profit. In doing this, he then made another huge mistake by undermining manager after manager. Then, his brother...

Also, he never had the financial clout to throw money at the problem should his model for success fail, which it did.

One big error of judgement.  He though the French etc. players were good enough,

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

One big error of judgement.  He though the French etc. players were good enough,

It's a bit more complicated than that.

If he'd dropped in a couple of the players like Bahamboula, Missilou, even Maouche into the standard of team we had previously it might even have worked out.

The problem was the wholesale change with the likes of Sefil, Branger who were much worse than who they replaced.

And let's not forget some of the worst players we have had over the last couple of years have had nothing to do with France or lower leagues abroad: Iacovitti, Hope, Walker, Tasdemir.

He's just been bad with recruitment full stop.

11 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Hope thats not true about the letter and bullets. If so, these morons need locking up

Can't be surely,although i did hear that Hallam Hope was going to be sent round to shoot them.... Al and Mo were cool with that :D

Not sure if its been discussed on here before, but over the Christmas period I met up with a friend who is connected with Barnsley - the rumour he shared was that the son of their former owner Patrick Cryne (James Cryne) was interested in buying Oldham Athletic.

Apprarently he is still responsible for the families 20% stake in the club, but has the family money (circa £150m) and has set up his own company (a pretty intelligent mathematician apparently) creating and selling data on sport to clubs etc.  He thinks he can do a 'moneybag' approach and make a small team successful (a bit like the Brentford model).

At the time I took the rumour with a pinch of salt and also that AL had always expressed the view that he was not selling....but maybe he is one of the interested parties?

45 minutes ago, Ryan said:

😲

Had they stopped at “Death Threats” it might have been believable.

Had bullets been received at the club or at their private residence (how would someone find this out?) the police would have been contacted and it would be a national news story. Especially given the stink they’ve kicked up for much lesser supposed incidents.

2 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Had bullets been received at the club or at their private residence (how would someone find this out?) the police would have been contacted and it would be a national news story. Especially given the stink they’ve kicked up for much lesser supposed incidents.

Might have legs

11 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Not sure if its been discussed on here before, but over the Christmas period I met up with a friend who is connected with Barnsley - the rumour he shared was that the son of their former owner Patrick Cryne (James Cryne) was interested in buying Oldham Athletic.

Apprarently he is still responsible for the families 20% stake in the club, but has the family money (circa £150m) and has set up his own company (a pretty intelligent mathematician apparently) creating and selling data on sport to clubs etc.  He thinks he can do a 'moneybag' approach and make a small team successful (a bit like the Brentford model).

At the time I took the rumour with a pinch of salt and also that AL had always expressed the view that he was not selling....but maybe he is one of the interested parties?

You mean Moneyball rather than moneybag?

I suppose the rumourmill will crank up significantly over the next few days weeks months but its an interesting one we will hear all kinds of stuff coming out good and bad.

11 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Might be national news later today this I mean I don't like the 2 of them but christ that's actually sick that someone would do that.

Credible bidders, if true, and if completed swiftly - unlikely, could create a major boost in income. 

A credible attempt to avoid relegation would need to be an absolute priority. ‘If’ it’s happening, plans could already be in the pipeline to facilitate this.

I don’t see how anyone would consider buying the club unable to buy players and a very real prospect of starting next season in the Conference. 

The Conference is a graveyard for clubs like ours. 

We are on here to speculate but this must be good news and we will know by the end of the month. If he has strengthened the team something I didn’t expect that will confirm it. 
Any credible purchasers will be  negotiating a price for an EFL club with a penalty/discount if relegated. The difference has no doubt concentrated their minds. 

Is it purely coincidence that Paul Hughes is back in situ at the club and Abdallah has now indicated he may sell after previously flatly refusing to  ?

I understand Paul managed to get the North Stand reopened after many months of deadlock, perhaps he has weaved his magic again?   

He says he is in talks to sell, but is also still in the litigation process in an attempt to get the JR stand in the hands of the club. Perhaps this is the reason he came over here a few weeks ago. If true, we don't know how far the negotiations have gone. The takeover may be imminent, or may not happen at all because we are essentially a NL club unless good signings lines up, and in January that's not easy. Getting decent strikers will be virtually impossible.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Who me!? I’m a sophisticated individual!  What is this ‘meat pie’ you speak of?

Cheers. Weather is great at the mo. We are back on Sunday. Have a good ‘un! 

Sorry, I thought the wife said you should be a suffocated individual. Now get your budgie smugglers back on before the gulls see you. Ray Bans and factor 20 only! Enjoy.

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Exactly, although perhaps the police in Dubai don't prioritise stuff like this. 

Archived