Abdallah looking to sell!

23 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Well, what a weird week that’s been.  Said on Twitter, must have been asked about bullets & letters by over 50 people this week.  The joys of your colleagues, clients, partners, suppliers all knowing you’re an Oldham Athletic fan.

Following a stupid bet 35 years ago, I’ve since been a fan of a football club from a town where I was neither born or have family.  Must have spent close to £100k on STs, away tickets, travelling 240 miles each home game, shirts & merch for wife & daughters.  Added 5 fans to the club - weirdly 2 are exes who still support us🤣.

Why have I posted that just then? Because I have to explain every time why a guy from the midlands supports a lower league football club miles away & facing relegation into non-league.

And you know what?  I haven’t regretted any second of it.  

The rough has far outweighed the smooth but I’ve seen us play at Anfield in our first top flight game in years with The Pearl scoring and we were ahead against Liverpool.  I was in that pub around the corner from Loftus Road just before our playoff semifinal against QPR.  I was locked in a corporate box at The John Smith when we beat Huddersfield Town 3-0 as their fans was after the head of Peter Jackson.  

I’ve seen us at the lowest of the low when I was following from an Internet cafe in Greece the bus journey to Oxfordshire & Chris Moore in that summer.  Where our team comprised of the McNivens, Holt, Hotte, Boshell and the like when team was decimated after Moore era… and then years later, getting to know Dowie via an annual charity event  and talking a few times whilst both drunk about how great the club was… but rejecting the offer of standing on the gantry with him on Soccer Saturday (charity bid win) in return for director box tickets at Boundary Park against Yeovil when Lee Johnson was beaten by his dad… sitting in the box with my daughter after pie & peas with Neil Joy in the boardroom….

So many memories and whatever happens this season, I still f***ing love the club that I took to my heart 35 years ago.  We’ll still be here if relegation happens and we’ll still be here when 🤡🤡 finally move on.  It’s a shame they never bonded with us fans because my life, littered with my affinity to this wonderful club with superb fans - none for a millisecond I would believe could post bullets in the post, is echoed by thousands of other OAFC fans.  It could have been great, they could have had our support in the thousands but they just did not “get it”.  It’s more than success, more than silverware … the patience and passion we all share, Abdallah should have embraced it and listened to us, accepted us and collectively worked together.

Anyway, this chapter of our history is almost over… onwards and upwards!  Enjoy your weekend without us playing but without another “L” blotting this damn season.

He did listen saddly it was chuckle and the rest of the idiots in the realistic clique that he listened to rather than the greater fan base 

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

He did listen saddly it was chuckle and the rest of the idiots in the realistic clique that he listened to rather than the greater fan base 

That’s one thing I really don’t get - whatever we think of him Abdallah must be a relatively intelligent man - I don’t know how anyone could spend more than 30 seconds in the company of Chuckle and not come away thinking he is anything more than a moron 

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Well, what a weird week that’s been.  Said on Twitter, must have been asked about bullets & letters by over 50 people this week.  The joys of your colleagues, clients, partners, suppliers all knowing you’re an Oldham Athletic fan.

Following a stupid bet 35 years ago, I’ve since been a fan of a football club from a town where I was neither born or have family.  Must have spent close to £100k on STs, away tickets, travelling 240 miles each home game, shirts & merch for wife & daughters.  Added 5 fans to the club - weirdly 2 are exes who still support us🤣.

Why have I posted that just then? Because I have to explain every time why a guy from the midlands supports a lower league football club miles away & facing relegation into non-league.

And you know what?  I haven’t regretted any second of it.  

The rough has far outweighed the smooth but I’ve seen us play at Anfield in our first top flight game in years with The Pearl scoring and we were ahead against Liverpool.  I was in that pub around the corner from Loftus Road just before our playoff semifinal against QPR.  I was locked in a corporate box at The John Smith when we beat Huddersfield Town 3-0 as their fans was after the head of Peter Jackson.  

I’ve seen us at the lowest of the low when I was following from an Internet cafe in Greece the bus journey to Oxfordshire & Chris Moore in that summer.  Where our team comprised of the McNivens, Holt, Hotte, Boshell and the like when team was decimated after Moore era… and then years later, getting to know Dowie via an annual charity event  and talking a few times whilst both drunk about how great the club was… but rejecting the offer of standing on the gantry with him on Soccer Saturday (charity bid win) in return for director box tickets at Boundary Park against Yeovil when Lee Johnson was beaten by his dad… sitting in the box with my daughter after pie & peas with Neil Joy in the boardroom….

So many memories and whatever happens this season, I still f***ing love the club that I took to my heart 35 years ago.  We’ll still be here if relegation happens and we’ll still be here when 🤡🤡 finally move on.  It’s a shame they never bonded with us fans because my life, littered with my affinity to this wonderful club with superb fans - none for a millisecond I would believe could post bullets in the post, is echoed by thousands of other OAFC fans.  It could have been great, they could have had our support in the thousands but they just did not “get it”.  It’s more than success, more than silverware … the patience and passion we all share, Abdallah should have embraced it and listened to us, accepted us and collectively worked together.

Anyway, this chapter of our history is almost over… onwards and upwards!  Enjoy your weekend without us playing but without another “L” blotting this damn season.

Just a matter of interest. What made you become a fan in the first place?

7 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That’s one thing I really don’t get - whatever we think of him Abdallah must be a relatively intelligent man - I don’t know how anyone could spend more than 30 seconds in the company of Chuckle and not come away thinking he is anything more than a moron 

I dont think he has actualy spent much time with chuckle some of the others from that bunch maybe but chuckle nah Mo on the otherhand 

22 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You don't have to actually be in his company. Just spend a few minutes watching him watch a match. The wannabe manager version of a full kit wanker. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You don't have to actually be in his company. Just spend a few minutes watching him watch a match. The wannabe manager version of a full kit wanker. 

True, I’ve never had the torture of his company but witnessed his North Stand antics on the odd occasion 

absolutely certifiable 

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Incredible isn’t it. Excruciatingly embarrassing theatrics for his followers from Deliverance. Thinks he’s Conte… he’s close with that selection of letters. 

On 1/15/2022 at 5:52 PM, al_bro said:

Just a matter of interest. What made you become a fan in the first place?

I had a bet over football scores and with some of my family supporting Derby, I chose OAFC because that was the opposition team on the opening game of the season.  

OAFC won 1-0, continued following them from that season onwards.  Play-Off versus Leeds and admittedly that next seven seasons were great before we starting dropping down the leagues.

On 1/15/2022 at 2:14 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

You don't have to look too far for people  and organisations that value sycophancy over ability, skill or intelligence.....

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Who?

I found one who is a founder of a software development company in Manchester, Apadmi Ltd. Familar oafc related surname among his co-founders. Could be totally the wrong person and/or purely coincidental though of course!

Think it's the football club for sale but without the stadium. The stadium freehold and leasehold seems complicated with legal issues arising. Just wonder what a ballpark figure for club plus stadium freehold might be. Assume the legal issues could melt away if someone bought the whole job lot, team plus stadium.

Well given the lack of any improvement and the 90% chance of our relegation anybody who wants a football league club will now walk away. This leaves somebody anybody who wants to own Oldham and no one else.  Given where we are now there is no rush - could just wait it out.

Conversely why would, despite what he ‘wrote’, Marco & Mo put a penny of any money into this team?  (9 days to prove me wrong)

Finally having asked us to support the team why would you after another hopeless performance?

Archived