Abdallah looking to sell!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Not only open, but in conversation with bidders (no-one buys football clubs). Best day ever?

I won’t get too excited yet. Fans wanted Corney and Co to sell up and it took many years before it happened and we ended up with Abdallah. 

These are the interesting bits for me!!!……

In the short term, I am now focused on improving the squad to fight the relegation battle we are now in.

I would ask that every section of the fan base gets behind the team, whatever you think about me it is in everyone's interests that our great club wins this battle.

Is this genuine or just more bullshit?

Ultra cynical view…. This is potential BS just to halt the protests and get fans supporting the club. If we stay up, he’ll stay on citing that success when fan negativity stops. If it is true that he’s open to leaving and engaging with bidders, you’d expect some snippets to start leaking out soon?

But all we can do is take it at face value I guess. In good faith. Keep the faith. 

Abdallah came on the scene in the Summer of 2017, right? The sale wasn’t completed for a further 6 months even though he was in the country and fully committed to the purchase.

I hope I’m wrong but celebrations seem premature - could be a while off this.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Abdallah came on the scene in the Summer of 2017, right? The sale wasn’t completed for a further 6 months even though he was in the country and fully committed to the purchase.

I hope I’m wrong but celebrations seem premature - could be a while off this.

Is it ok if i start a new thread on this?

He's promised things before many times and not delivered, so of course it's far from a done deal. But the change of tone is very important (and unexpected) and gives us a glimmer of hope.

Fan action has led to this. Lets keep going.

Archived