MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (H) 08/02/22

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

What a guy, smoke me a kipper I’ll be back for breakfast! How he does it I’ll never no! What a turn around he’s achieved 50% of our wins all season in just 3 games! 

I think you might need a new battery in your calculator 

Though Scunthorpe won,  the SEVEN sides above us all lost!

A well deserved victory- it should have been more… both Luamba and Adams maybe should have done better with their chances and I’m CONVINCED that Whelan’s shot was over the line 😮

Everyone put in a huge shift and they did us proud! It wasn’t half nervy towards the end though…but we kept our shape and got another valuable three points.

COYB’s!

Brilliant result.. All 11 deserve huge credit. As do shez and his team

Players looked like they were ready for a scrap but also found moments of quality. Adams, Luamba, pidge and Harrison. Brlliant but a real team performance.. Their keeper made some great saves to keep them in it. But we deserved it. 

The near side liner didnt make a correct call all night we got away with a couple of fouls and then he didn't give the goal. Oh well

Grat win, great performance... Feel like we have  a club again 

2 points from safety with a game in hand.

Unbelievable team performance. The hustling, the speed they moved the ball around at times, the desire to get on the end of balls and dive into challenges.

Have we entered a parallel universe?

I don’t understand this world sometimes. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What a transformation. Incredible. 

Every player running and looking to go forward. 

It is incredible- no question.

I’ll be first to say- I thought we were certs for relegation. 

But there’s no denying he’s got them going- and made them more than the sum of their parts. 

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

4800 home fans on a Tuesday night too. All because of 1 man, Lord Sheridan! Put out a decent consistent winning side and i’m certain we’d get 7000+ home crowds again! 

Hopefully a decent buyer will see the potential.

He's added that bit of structure and 'know-how'... Curle and Selim's ambitions of 3 at the back and playing out under pressure were destined to fail. With Sheridan at the helm it honestly looks like we've recruited 11 brand new players on top of the new additions. The back four look solid most of the time, I am yet to see McGahey or Pidge actually lose a 1v1 battle yet. Adams looks reborn and Luamba looks to have kicked on massively since his injury, hell even Whelan only messed up once tonight.

Make no mistake tonight's victory is MASSIVE. It's back in our hands when we thought that would never even be remotely possible, and it's all down to one man. He gets us and we get him.

Here's to you, Johnny Sheridan. 

1 minute ago, GrahamHughes said:

I thought it was a team performance,Whelàn had a superb game,Luamba looks a real prospect to me.Shez has got them organised and now with results they’ve got the belief.Truly magnificent support,let’s keep the boulder rolling.

Said to my mate on the way in that I wouldn't start Luamba. No strength, doesn't use his size to good effect and hasn't enough pace. Might have to have a rethink.

Every man Jack of them did their job but Adams was the pick for me. Also DKD gets some grief on here but he can score . That's gold dust. We missed better chances than the 2 he scored tonight. 

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

Said to my mate on the way in that I wouldn't start Luamba. No strength, doesn't use his size to good effect and hasn't enough pace. Might have to have a rethink.

Every man Jack of them did their job but Adams was the pick for me. Also DKD gets some grief on here but he can score . That's gold dust. We missed better chances than the 2 he scored tonight. 

Double figures for him again I think

Archived