MATCH: vs Forest Green Rovers (A) 18/04/22

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't give a monkeys that these are top of the league and (I think) can get promoted. I fully expect Oldham to best Forest Green Rovers in a football match...

You should never expect to beat anybody, that shows a lack of respect for your opposition, we are Oldham not Liverpool.

Having seen us capitulate on Friday v Northampton, its hard to see anything but in this league, anything could happen. 

If (and its a big if), Latics can win at Forest Green and both Barrow and Stevenage fail to win (Scunny can't just go to end of season being twatted), then things might look a lot different tomorrow evening. 

If results go as badly as they did on Friday for both Latics and elsewhere, then we are faced with having to win all 3 remaining fixtures to give us a chance of survival. 

Squeaky bum time but we are not done yet    

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Safe trip to everyone heading there.  I'm having to work but would've been a little torn about heading there even if I wasn't.

Like a German Forest Green fan, I fear the würst.

Last time I was there I asked for cheese on my hotdog, but they said that because they are a vegan club that would be the Wurst Käse scenario.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

We need to win today. Simple as that. Anything but a win and we are gone. 

I disagree. A loss and I would feel it’s over, but a draw for us then barrow and/or Stevenage lose we would still be in with a chance. That would leave us with 3 games remaining against 3 teams just outside the playoffs however crawley have nothing to play for when we play them.

3 minutes ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

I disagree. A loss and I would feel it’s over, but a draw for us then barrow and/or Stevenage lose we would still be in with a chance. That would leave us with 3 games remaining against 3 teams just outside the playoffs however crawley have nothing to play for when we play them.

Yeah, but you can bet Nadesan will be a real party pooper regardless of that.

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C 4life said:

Think you are underestimating the fact that they both have a game in hand over us. And as Barrow proved on Saturday, it doesn’t matter who that game is against. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Think you are underestimating the fact that they both have a game in hand over us. And as Barrow proved on Saturday, it doesn’t matter who that game is against. 

Our results over holiday periods are generally very poor. I’d be amazed if we took points today 

Looks like he’s trying to win the game, however, Stobbs, Keillor-Dunn, Whelan, Missilou & Bahamboula all have a terrible habit of continually giving possession away cheaply, they had better take care of the ball better otherwise we won’t have a prayer.

Pidge is a massive loss and FFS! where is Luamba again?

Adams on the bench is a strange one, maybe he’s not 100% but I do not understand that one bit.

I’ll be amazed if we get anything from this game!

Archived