MATCH: vs Salford City (H) 23/03/22

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, a few random thoughts as I try not to sink into full-on depression.

Well, that's my fourth relegation. The first was sad, but the long trip to Norwich and back meant I was able to get totally rat arsed. I've never drank cider since. Can't remember the second one, but the third one at Northampton made me really angry. Today is far worse. Borham fucking Wood. And that fat fucking lady is now screaming in my head. I knew she had her dress on, and her make-up, but FFS, we could've done more to shut her up for another week.

And Taurus are bastards and should be given shit at every game. 

I won't bother venting about the obvious three bastards.

I always swear I'll stop caring, but I won't. Weirdly, the problems have brought a new energy to the club this season, albeit a negative one. Let's hope we have a club to watch in August. Luton and Oxford have been down there, and have bounced back. Hartlepool, Trannies and Orient have at least managed to get back into this league. However, new owners and investment was the key.

I have to say, much as FGR irritate me, you have to take your hat off to that owner. He's taken a village pub team into the third tier of football. If only.....

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I expect the Crawley game will now be behind closed doors.

Hopefully not, as this would be our last chance to say 'thanks' and 'goodbye' to Shez.

2 hours ago, GrahamHughes said:

points deducted for next season, is that possible ?

I don't think the EFL have any jurisdiction over the National League!

Like everyone else on here I'm numb, saddened and angry. However, I don't like reading OWTB posters having a go at one another. We're in this shit together, and if we're going to get out - we need to get out together.

Now, I'm going to finish that bottle of wine!

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Hopefully not, as this would be our last chance to say 'thanks' and 'goodbye' to Shez.

I don't think the EFL have any jurisdiction over the National League!

Like everyone else on here I'm numb, saddened and angry. However, I don't like reading OWTB posters having a go at one another. We're in this shit together, and if we're going to get out - we need to get out together.

Now, I'm going to finish that bottle of wine!

new journeys next year new grounds new pies new beers  new pubs new rivalry's new owners new optimisms enjoy the journey folks 

Jeez guys not sure what to say really, I know football always has it's local rivalries etc and morons that come along with that but I'm honestly gutted, I regularly looked at the league thinking nah not Oldham they'll sort it out as there one of the genuine great clubs in the league. So hope you get your house in order and get back into the league asap, even though you do always seem to spank us, but it's one of best fixtures missing of our calendar for next season for sure.

Good luck Northern bros wish you the best of luck

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Was anyone actually in the stadium to watch the last 11 minutes?

Be interested to know what the reaction was of the players at full-time. 

Irrelevant really, they've looked beat for a number of weeks, in the end it boiled down to being a couple of players short, Missilou has been good since January but other than that the rest have been shite and it was that business that did it for us.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Irrelevant really, they've looked beat for a number of weeks, in the end it boiled down to being a couple of players short, Missilou has been good since January but other than that the rest have been shite and it was that business that did it for us.

If I think something's irrelevant on here, I generally don't bother replying..

I have an inkling that some of the players haven't been putting in 100% for a large proportion of the season, which I find insulting given the support, time and money the fans have given.  Some sort of reaction with relegation confirmed would give me a slight peace of mind, but I do wonder if the scenes of players hiding their face in their shirt in a heap on the pitch is sometime just for show.  As there was no one there yesterday, they didn't even need to fake it...

19 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Was anyone actually in the stadium to watch the last 11 minutes?

Be interested to know what the reaction was of the players at full-time. 

Wasn’t myself but did see a tweet saying something like half the players were on their knees and the other half straight down the tunnel. Highlights on Quest showed Sam Hart sat there looking baffled.

1 hour ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Highlights on Quest showed Sam Hart sat there looking baffled.

Probably a feeling of Deja’vu, he’s experienced it before as he helped Southend get relegated to the National League just last season!!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably a feeling of Deja’vu, he’s experienced it before as he helped Southend get relegated to the National League just last seaso!!

Well a least the masterplan came to fruition, load the team with failed footballers and achieve failure. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

i think you've missed out the word 'dozen' in there

51 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably a feeling of Deja’vu, he’s experienced it before as he helped Southend get relegated to the National League just last seaso!!

Hopefully he realises he’s nothing more than a non league player himself. The amount of times he loses the ball from sitting on it for to long is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Hopefully he realises he’s nothing more than a non league player himself. The amount of times he loses the ball from sitting on it for to long is ridiculous. 

I heard lots of people saying he was decent.  He's been abysmal on the admittedly few times I've seen him play.  Not that it makes him stand out from the rest.

Having reflected over night yesterday summed up what we have become.

We had numerous chances to win that game, as we have seen so often in this league Salford were just as shite as us.  Hope, Luamba and Keillor Dunne (who was very fortunate with another shite penalty) all missed sitters.

A CB pairing of Jameson and Clarke was always going to concede.

As for the fans on the pitch, I agree with the action but not the timing. We had 11 minutes left to potentially delay the executioner for a week and keep pressure on Stevenage and Barrow.  We had a free kick outside their area when they ran on for gods sake. Should have been at full time and I'd have joined in and probably still be sat there now.

I've seen the clip of Shez speech to the fans and all I will say is which ever one told him to "Fuck off" needs to take his own advice 

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No after match comments from Shez as yet…..giving himself a bit of time to calm down?

More likely the club aren't endorsing a post match press conference- the reporter at the Oldham Times said hopefully speak to him in a few days 

Got exactly what we deserved this season. Didn't think it was at all possible until the Piergianni red card last week, but the reality is that we have been in the bottom two for most of the season and lost 25 games so far in this division. It is utterly shameful. 

And, whilst every single one of us agrees that the Lemsagams are the root cause of the issues and its them who the buck stops with, it is also worth pointing out that those gutless set of toss bags who have been on the pitch for us all season have the blood of this football club on their hands.

And one final thing. Well done to every single person who went on that pitch yesterday and got the game halted. I take my hat off to you all...

Archived