• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Superb reflexes and as brave as they come.

Best wishes for his treatment.

He won that many one on ones that it got to the stage where I was actually relaxed as opponents burst through our high line. Class goalkeeper (and a very good cricketer).

• 1 month later...

Puts everything into perspective 

Just hope Andy can defy the prognosis and somehow beat this awful condition

I do know of a man who was given a month to live over 15 years ago and he is still with us (terminal cancer prognosis) so perhaps there is some hope? 

Loved you then as a keeper Andy love you now as one of us - OAFC family    

Absolutely gutted,the first player I looked at in a Latics shirt who was head and shoulders better than anybody else we had at the time.I’ve always believed he saved us 10 points a season and we’d have been a much better proposition in the top flight with Andy between the sticks.Keep battling Andy.

Considering his highly respected career, it probably seems ludicrous to our younger fans that we had such a skilled and professional player at the club. It feels like it was so very long ago. In a short space of time, I lost four family members and long-time family friend to cancer. The one person in the extended family was diagnosed with the same as Andy Goram and given 12 months. That was nearly four years ago and yes, the journey has been rocky but he is still fighting and still smiling.

Good luck, Andy and I hope you can do your best to keep that bastard C from getting over the goal line.

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Best Oldham keep bar none. 

Keep fighting Andy. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Such sad news.    Keep fighting Andy.

Very disconcerting is the fact that there appears to be nothing from Official OAFC about Andy Goram. 

Andy played 199 games for Latics and not a word, he played twice for MUFC and got message wishing him all the best!!!

We have the most reprehensible, incompetent leaders at the club, roll on the day when we can get some owners in who actually value the club and its stakeholders, a bit like Port Vale have (not worked out too badly for them) 

31 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Very disconcerting is the fact that there appears to be nothing from Official OAFC about Andy Goram. 

Andy played 199 games for Latics and not a word, he played twice for MUFC and got message wishing him all the best!!!

We have the most reprehensible, incompetent leaders at the club, roll on the day when we can get some owners in who actually value the club and its stakeholders, a bit like Port Vale have (not worked out too badly for them) 

Our club is scum right now 

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Our club is scum right now 

Our club is not our club anymore Chaddy, so easy to put a lot of things right at little or no cost but they genuinely would rather go to war with fans than actually do anything to rebuild our tarnished reputation. 

7 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

I wonder could he be asked to manage the legends team for the up coming fund raiser chance for the fans to honour him 

With the greatest of respect for this idea, I would have thought that Andy would have far more important things to do at this present time. 

Archived