1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Very disconcerting is the fact that there appears to be nothing from Official OAFC about Andy Goram. 

Andy played 199 games for Latics and not a word, he played twice for MUFC and got message wishing him all the best!!!

We have the most reprehensible, incompetent leaders at the club, roll on the day when we can get some owners in who actually value the club and its stakeholders, a bit like Port Vale have (not worked out too badly for them) 

Along with Tommy Wright was my favourite player in the early years that I supported the club, as has already been said one on one on that plastic pitch he would save 9 out of 10 he was that good. My heart goes out to him and his loved ones. Best keeper the club is ever likely to see.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Very disconcerting is the fact that there appears to be nothing from Official OAFC about Andy Goram. 

Andy played 199 games for Latics and not a word, he played twice for MUFC and got message wishing him all the best!!!

We have the most reprehensible, incompetent leaders at the club, roll on the day when we can get some owners in who actually value the club and its stakeholders, a bit like Port Vale have (not worked out too badly for them) 

Given there are so few days left in the month, Mikey Brown already announcing he's leaving, it being a 3-day week and half-term I wouldn't be surprised to find very few people working in the club this week. I think I recall Mikey or Dom Shaw saying something about the process to cover for the head of media not being worthwhile.

All in all I wouldn't always expect the club to respond to worthwhile and relevant news stories until mid-July.

We are often an amateur outfit behind the scenes and have been for a while. I don't blame anyone involved apart from the people with the purse strings.

8 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Given there are so few days left in the month, Mikey Brown already announcing he's leaving, it being a 3-day week and half-term I wouldn't be surprised to find very few people working in the club this week. I think I recall Mikey or Dom Shaw saying something about the process to cover for the head of media not being worthwhile.

All in all I wouldn't always expect the club to respond to worthwhile and relevant news stories until mid-July.

We are often an amateur outfit behind the scenes and have been for a while. I don't blame anyone involved apart from the people with the purse strings.

It's a 20 second job to put a picture up of him on Twitter and say everyone at Oldham is sending their best wishes to him.

There was someone available 3 days ago to put a tweet out about the club shop sale...

19 hours ago, Wardie said:

Because somebody is reading this forum, probably.

Barry no doubt reads this forum under one of his assumed names (I know it's not Glossop - he's someone else!!😜.).

However some of us old coffin dodgers don't subscribe to twatter and facecloth so Barry how about sticking on't fissul so we can read it to (along with your resignation!).:OASISscarf:

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

RIP Goalie I suppose the minimum we can expect is a minutes applause for the first game of the season would be nice if we can do somethingelse too 

Maybe a testimonial friendly match?

RIP Andy 

The media only mentioning his success at Rangers.

He played more games for us than any other club , first choice as a teenager , and his ability was honed in an often struggling team ....not the two team Scottish Premier League.

He will always be our number one , the best keeper we ever had.

Great memories of a wonderful talent in a team full of skill , tenacity and character.

Archived