Pre Season Friendlies

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unfortunately at some stage someone will need to speak to Abdallah, even if he were to hand it over (which he never will).

Simon Jordan spoke to Abdallah on Talksport - he came across a complete fantasist with not a single bit of sense 'they make funny videos of me"

If we were dealing with a sane and competent business man or even his representative (Barry) I'd agree but sorry the nuclear option is the only option 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Unfortunately at some stage someone will need to speak to Abdallah, even if he were to hand it over (which he never will).

Do you not think OASF and PTB have been trying to speak to the club repeatedly for months if not years? The club are flat out refusing to talk to the fans. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Do you not think OASF and PTB have been trying to speak to the club repeatedly for months if not years? The club are flat out refusing to talk to the fans. 

I thought the Trust had a line of communication with Adam Morallee. Didn't he have a chat with Matt Dean at some point...?

Edited by Lee Sinnott

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

The fans? I'm not sure about that, they are talking but not to those who are representing the majority of fans, at some stage someone is going to have to mediate, OASF and PTB want to raise enough to secure the stadium and I get that and agree but what's the plan with regards to owning the football club are we just going to let Owen run it till he pegs it in much the same way Corney did for Blitz? 

I've got this nagging feeling Owen or someone backing him is somehow financing some of this season in return for him running the club on a day to day basis.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Again, makes no sense this get games cancelled thing unless you are doing it for every game.

I'd probably agree. It was a novelty thing to get the BWFC one called off and I applauded BWFC fans for it at the time. I'm now of the thought process that we should get the friendlies played, make the club pay for stewarding and policing of it and hope that only 346 turn up...

16 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

The problem is for that to happen Almo or they're representative has to respond the trust & ptb have reached out numerous times prospective investors have reached out numerous times even prospective buyers (chaytow!) Have reached out and all have been met with the same responce silence ! The communications from the club are the numerous "statements " issued by the stench threatening hellfire & damnation on anybody who doesn't agree with him it's his way or the highway . If a dialog could be opened with the club progress could be made but at this moment in time you have more chance of a dialouge with Kim I'll Jong! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

The problem is for that to happen Almo or they're representative has to respond the trust & ptb have reached out numerous times prospective investors have reached out numerous times even prospective buyers (chaytow!) Have reached out and all have been met with the same responce silence ! The communications from the club are the numerous "statements " issued by the stench threatening hellfire & damnation on anybody who doesn't agree with him it's his way or the highway . If a dialog could be opened with the club progress could be made but at this moment in time you have more chance of a dialouge with Kim I'll Jong! 

Have we had recent confirmation from the Trust or PTB that the club are still ignoring them...?

• Like 1

Just thinking, I wonder if PTB should ask Shez if he would bring the team to play a friendly against a fan’s team as part of early season prep.

As a fan himself he may agree for this to happen and proceeds after expenses to go to the OASF funds.

BO should agree as ex OASF chairman and long time fan. (It would show his allegiances)  

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Just thinking, I wonder if PTB should ask Shez if he would bring the team to play a friendly against a fan’s team as part of early season prep.

As a fan himself he may agree for this to happen and proceeds after expenses to go to the OASF funds.

BO should agree as ex OASF chairman and long time fan. (It would show his allegiances)  

Not a chance, whatever Shez may think the club pay his wages.

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

20 hours ago, Pidge said:

I'd go if Barry plays for the fans team.😆

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

First pre-season friendly this Saturday at Bamber Bridge.

I accept that these games are purely to get the players into fitness/game mode and the results are no real indication but it is worth mentioning that this will be the third game that Brig have played (losing 0-3 to Preston and 1-5 to Wigan in the other two games).

It will be interesting to see the starting eleven 😃