BPAS PODCAST: 20th June '22 Bonus Episode: Shahed Alam Interview

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Neil Joy was FD for a while then he took over from Alan Hardy as chief executive. Don't know if we had an FD inbetween then and Shahed although an organisation the size of Latics wouldn't necessarily need one they woukd need a Financial Controller and a couple of people working underneath them.

Just about anyone remotely involved in the accounting world would do a bank reconciliation as their fiirst task 

Cash is and always will be King 

Who owes you and who you owe critical even running a corner shop for goodness sake 

15 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Just about anyone remotely involved in the accounting world would do a bank reconciliation as their fiirst task 

Cash is and always will be King 

Who owes you and who you owe critical even running a corner shop for goodness sake 

Absolutely it's the bread and butter so the idea that this wasn't done for 6 years is negligent.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So he's literally purusing a court case which whatever the outcome he loses. Is he of stable mind, seriously I think he might be mentally unstable.

He might believe it's worth more than the £3.5m he'd be on the hook for.

He might be able to mortgage it for some/all of the £3.5m.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

He might believe it's worth more than the £3.5m he'd be on the hook for.

He might be able to mortgage it for some/all of the £3.5m.

Mmm yeah having sat down and thought about it there must be somekind of rational behind pursuing this.

But if the stand is worth more than £3.5 Mill he still won't own the land it's sat on which will be worth more than the stand itself and he will still owe Blitz rent for this.

Edited by GlossopLatic

16 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Since when was an accountant a property valuation expert? 

Since when has a chartered accountants opinion of the value of an asset, that a client is a tenant of, been a worthless opinion. It’s his opinion. His opinion seems realistic given other transactions we are aware of. 

This isn’t a straight forward land valuation given the rights of the club to remain a football tenant. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Since when has a chartered accountants opinion of the value of an asset, that a client is a tenant of, been a worthless opinion. It’s his opinion. His opinion seems realistic given other transactions we are aware of. 

This isn’t a straight forward land valuation given the rights of the club to remain a football tenant. 

Who described it as worthless?  It's not his area of expertise though

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd imagine it's more a case of people at the council hoping a can of worms isn't re-opened. 

I've often wondered if 'worms' is written on those cans and if still alive when opened?

Edited by BP1960

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Neil Joy was FD for a while then he took over from Alan Hardy as chief executive. Don't know if we had an FD inbetween then and Shahed although an organisation the size of Latics wouldn't necessarily need one they woukd need a Financial Controller and a couple of people working underneath them.

Yes there was, IIRC it was Grace Nuttall, who I think left the club quickly after Abdallah took over and was at a non-league club soon after. I think it was West Didsbury & Chorlton.

I think Grace worked as an assistant to Neil Joy before Neil Joy got promoted to Chief Exec.

Edited by rudemedic

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mmm yeah having sat down and thought about it there must be somekind of rational behind pursuing this.

Nothing personal at all, Glossop but this made me giggle. There's been "eff all" rational going on at BP for a long time, so why must there be any rationale behind pursuing this?

It's all a charade and it just hammers more nails in our coffin - there's precious little space left for any more nails.

55 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Nothing personal at all, Glossop but this made me giggle. There's been "eff all" rational going on at BP for a long time, so why must there be any rationale behind pursuing this?

It's all a charade and it just hammers more nails in our coffin - there's precious little space left for any more nails.

Look we both know Abdallah Lemsagam is a thick man. We both know Barry Owen is a thick man.

But surely someone somewhere must be the adult in the room maybe Shahed and Adam Moralee must have atleast presented somekind of basic level of rational thinking to pursue something here. A legal case which even if it goes in his favour means he pays £3.5million for a stand on land that he doesn't own.

I'm not sure you can simeoultaneously claim that the entire ground including the NS is worth less than £3m but at the same time claim that the NS is worth more than the £3.6m Blitz put in....

Unless you believe that things are valued at their total cost...

So club bought for £2m (?) and spend £3-4m = £6m valuation and at the same time NS cost £7m, so must be worth £7m.

Both ignore "value in use" and "value at sale", so ignore accounting practice. But AL seems to have advocated that from the start (see Shahed's mention of publishing 2018 as per Management Instruction)

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What do you think the lowest ebb will be then...?

Possibly half way through the season when bill stop being paid?

It would sound like Shahed recommended the EFL loan so that the football club, could continue to pay the bills last year.  No such option is available this year.

One thing Shahed mentioned was the way he called for money to be spent to arrange activities and entertainment for fans on match days. He was just ignored he said.

I know the positive effect of a welcome from the club to fans on match day has been po pooed as having no effect on fan numbers by a certain person on here, but I suspect a lot would appreciate it. As I’ve mentioned before, a winning team brings a bigger crowd, a great experience keeps some of those coming back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

What do you think the lowest ebb will be then...?

I think we’ll go into admin at some point, and we’ll be relegated again. The false hope (that we can compete under AL) isn’t credible for me, and while I don’t want the above to happen, I think it’s inevitable and more importantly- perversely necessary. 

Shahed’s interview only reinforced this in my mind. 

51 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think we’ll go into admin at some point, and we’ll be relegated again. The false hope (that we can compete under AL) isn’t credible for me, and while I don’t want the above to happen, I think it’s inevitable and more importantly- perversely necessary. 

Shahed’s interview only reinforced this in my mind. 

Talking to an ex Latics manager last week and he seems to think we will be relegated again, didn't give me any specific reason why though.

11 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Talking to an ex Latics manager last week and he seems to think we will be relegated again, didn't give me any specific reason why though.

Probably in a minority but I think I'd rather get relegated and play more northern sides than have to endure trips to the likes of Dorking, Bromley and Boring Wood...