BPAS PODCAST: 20th June '22 Bonus Episode: Shahed Alam Interview

20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Probably in a minority but I think I'd rather get relegated and play more northern sides than have to endure trips to the likes of Dorking, Bromley and Boring Wood...

Using that logic we may as well get relegated a few times and end up in the Oldham & District Sunday League

• Like 3

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Using that logic we may as well get relegated a few times and end up in the Oldham & District Sunday League

AL couldn't afford to rent a Clayton playing field pitch though.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

To see 6,000 chasing umpteen dogs off Little Wembley would be worth it.

Assuming its not a housing estate by then.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Probably in a minority but I think I'd rather get relegated and play more northern sides than have to endure trips to the likes of Dorking, Bromley and Boring Wood...

There is a high probability that this will happen. 

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

One thing Shahed mentioned was the way he called for money to be spent to arrange activities and entertainment for fans on match days. He was just ignored he said.

I know the positive effect of a welcome from the club to fans on match day has been po pooed as having no effect on fan numbers by a certain person on here, but I suspect a lot would appreciate it. As I’ve mentioned before, a winning team brings a bigger crowd, a great experience keeps some of those coming back.

It certainly would have helped OACT in the work they do. Specifically on match days before and half time too.

I remember SI Brooke arranging a junior takeover day. Where youngsters applied for roles like assistant manager, director match day announcer too. Didn't cost much either

Tons of other stuff too.

Edited by underdog

5 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Talking to an ex Latics manager last week and he seems to think we will be relegated again, didn't give me any specific reason why though.

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

There is a high probability that this will happen. 

Strange train of thought, unless we are due a massive points deduction we won't be anywhere near the bottom.

An interesting listen, particularly to hear another 'take' on the whole mess. What I took from it was that although Abdallah's made a right balls up of it, we were well and truly fucked anyway before he came in.

I thought Andy's line of questioning was very good, but the other guy seemed determined to blame Abdallah for everything and less open to look at the fact that the club was a basket case anyway.

I'm not sticking up for Abdallah in any way, and the day he leaves can't come soon enough, but I can't see anyone buying it in it's current state, and the current and previous owners are all equally culpable as to where we are now in my view.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

An interesting listen, particularly to hear another 'take' on the whole mess. What I took from it was that although Abdallah's made a right balls up of it, we were well and truly fucked anyway before he came in.

I thought Andy's line of questioning was very good, but the other guy seemed determined to blame Abdallah for everything and less open to look at the fact that the club was a basket case anyway.

I'm not sticking up for Abdallah in any way, and the day he leaves can't come soon enough, but I can't see anyone buying it in it's current state, and the current and previous owners are all equally culpable as to where we are now in my view.

I've said this before, but the previous owners aren't responsible for how Abdallah has treated the fans over the last 4 years. That is totally on him. Had he treated fans better then the club could be in a very different position despite all the financial issues.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Talking to an ex Latics manager last week and he seems to think we will be relegated again, didn't give me any specific reason why though.

well..  most of our ex-managers know feck all about football, so I wouldn’t be too worried. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I've said this before, but the previous owners aren't responsible for how Abdallah has treated the fans over the last 4 years. That is totally on him. Had he treated fans better then the club could be in a very different position despite all the financial issues.

Oh definitely, The state of the club from when he took over to where it is now is down to him, but the reason why I see it being so hard to sell is down to the lot of them.

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I bet the Chuckle Brothers and Chief Inspector Knacker agree with you 100% there.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Club signed off on an MOU with OASF 14 months ago.  It was about fostering more honesty, open-ness and transparency on stuff like financials. The outstanding fan expectations from 2019.

It was from the FSA good guidance piece of work that took me 18months of tooing and froing. One point I said scrap it.

At least 2 meetings per season. None have happened and lots of other stuff has since happened that has made relationships worse.

I believe it can only get better...when is another matter

Edited by underdog

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

Club signed off on an MOU with OASF 14 months ago.  It was about fostering more honesty, open-ness and transparency on stuff like financials. The outstanding fan expectations from 2019.

It was from the FSA good guidance piece of work that took me 18months of tooing and froing. One point I said scrap it.

At least 2 meetings per season. None have happened and lots of other stuff has since happened that has made relationships worse.

Who do the club employ to take care of fan engagement do you know? We used to have a supporter liaison officer, is this still the case?

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Who do the club employ to take care of fan engagement do you know? We used to have a supporter liaison officer, is this still the case?

I have no idea TBH.

The last liaison person I knew was Mark Lund

But it would take much would it. A  Iick of paint/art/muriels by Oldham College to brighten the place. I remember someone saying those pop up flags like a legend walkway.

Look at getting a fanzone sorted on carpark somewhere where local business can pull up and ply their trade. Pies, pints, pin badges...

Pre match entertainment. Did they not have a local dance troupe at one stage? 

Half time stuff like OACT do.

Lots of stuff. Stuff fans could have helped with if the engagement was there.

Oh well

Edited by underdog

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

9 minutes ago, underdog said:

I have no idea TBH.

The last liaison person I knew was Mark Lund

But it would take much would it. A  Iick of paint/art/muriels by Oldham College to brighten the place. I remember someone saying those pop up flags like a legend walkway.

Look at getting a fanzone sorted on carpark somewhere where local business can pull up and ply their trade. Pies, pints, pin badges...

Pre match entertainment. Did they not have a local dance troupe at one stage? 

Half time stuff like OACT do.

Lots of stuff. Stuff fans could have helped with if the engagement was there.

Oh well

Really wonder why people don't just check the "contact us" section of the website under "club" 

Like when everyone was asking who the safety officer was 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/

SLO is Adam Street, he's just shit at it 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, underdog said:

Didn't Lemsagam meet with members of the Trust board last season and then Morallee met with them? Or the other way round. There's your two meetings...

41 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Didn't Lemsagam meet with members of the Trust board last season and then Morallee met with them? Or the other way round. There's your two meetings...

From memory Owner in 2019 (pre MOU), yes Moralle and Bowden in 2020 but not around MOU.

MOU has an agreed agenda, stuff is discussed and agreed notes published. Usually around finances, fan engagement, any major changes like badges. 

I left in Jan so maybe they have held them since. I might have missed an update. I have asked if OASF meeting notes can be published before AGM too. 

Think Matt Dean has said he has been in contact with Adam though

Happy to be correct

56 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Really wonder why people don't just check the "contact us" section of the website under "club" 

Like when everyone was asking who the safety officer was 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/

SLO is Adam Street, he's just shit at it 

Sorry yes I should have said check website out. Cheers Chaddy

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

From memory Owner in 2019 (pre MOU), yes Moralle and Bowden in 2020 but not around MOU.

MOU has an agreed agenda, stuff is discussed and agreed notes published. Usually around finances, fan engagement, any major changes like badges. 

I left in Jan so maybe they have held them since. I might have missed an update. I have asked if OASF meeting notes can be published before AGM too. 

Think Matt Dean has said he has been in contact with Adam though

Happy to be correct

Sure Morallee and Lemsagam held an online meeting with a Trust director and the PTB after the initial protests in September time...