Sheridan out

34 minutes ago, Lags said:

I am sure all the posters putting forward names who they believe will deliver for us have given it a lot of thought and homework into it, but we don't have any possibility of accountability. Only two managers will ultimately succeed this season and the rest will fail. 

What will constitute success or failure for the new man when he's installed?.  How long before we say we got it wrong. One thing's for sure, all those putting names forward have a greater chance of getting it wrong than right. 

Question, Do you honestly think Sheridan & Wright are the right combination to take this club forward….yes or no?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lags said:

I am sure all the posters putting forward names who they believe will deliver for us have given it a lot of thought and homework into it, but we don't have any possibility of accountability. Only two managers will ultimately succeed this season and the rest will fail. 

What will constitute success or failure for the new man when he's installed?.  How long before we say we got it wrong. One thing's for sure, all those putting names forward have a greater chance of getting it wrong than right. 

It's not true only 2 managers will succeed this season at all

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It's not true only 2 managers will succeed this season at all

Correct, success for us would be 7th or even top 10, we are a million miles away from that currently. I don't think as a fan base we are too needy or demanding and if we could see something there developing then we would most likely be happy, unfortunately it isn't. 

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Are they any good? That's the question.

Agree we likely would benefit from a change and to plan for the future, however it can't be a knee jerk appointment and needs to be the right man for the medium/long term.

If they have been talking to someone, I wouldn't consider it a knee jerk reaction. Sacking Sheridan outright after a bad result, I would call a knee jerk reaction.

Clearly there are a number of passionate 'Sheridan out' commentators on this forum and Twitter. Insert the next managers name for future contributions, when they aren't consistently rolling teams over.

I am interested in how many genuine 'Sheridan out' advocates there are, unlikely to include Frank in my view.

The effort to establish a 'Sheridan out' campaign is a disgrace, given the circumstances. I do not believe John signed on for more than one season anyway, with an eye on leaving when this season is resolved i.e. safe in mid table, not involved in the play offs.

Saturday was very poor, threw the game away in ten minutes. Seeing hundreds of supporters leave well before full time will trouble Darren Royle and the Rothwell family.

Turning on John Sheridan isn't the answer, more support is.

Criticism of the squad is fair, the retentions and contracts were overseen by Mo, during a period when all concerned expected Abdallah to remain. Latterly Dan Gardener signed up with a string of loans, hence the squad and team are still very unsettled.

We have too many players, with a lack of quality, first eleven not good enough to challenge.

Who thinks John Sheridan isn't looking for a striker? Come on.

The expectation is/was for a few to be leaving, allowing some scope to further overhaul the squad.

Without Hogan and Gardener we are in trouble.

I expect more movement in the transfer market, it is too early to judge Shez on his team.

Give the man appropriate respect and credit for sticking with the club.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Correct, success for us would be 7th or even top 10, we are a million miles away from that currently. I don't think as a fan base we are too needy or demanding and if we could see something there developing then we would most likely be happy, unfortunately it isn't. 

So, if we finish 10th this season you'll welcome John another crack next season?.

Yes, only 2 managers will ULTIMATELY succeed this season in the NL. Period. 

43 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Criticism of the squad is fair, the retentions and contracts were overseen by Mo, during a period when all concerned expected Abdallah to remain. Latterly Dan Gardener signed up with a string of loans, hence the squad and team are still very unsettled.

This is just not true- according to Shez. 

He repeatedly said he was in charge of team affairs. Therefore he must of authorised the renewal of contacts. Because that happened after he agreed to stay on. He then signed multiple players while the takeover was going through that are clearly his signings. 

Since he returned- he’s been left alone. Something he said was prerequisite to him coming back. While  having Mo around will clearly have an impact last season and no one blames him for relegation. He has had it all his own way on the playing side, (as he should) and this season he needs to be accountable for the abject performances. 

. . and another thing. 

I didn’t hear one Sheridan out yesterday. In fact I heard lots of backing for him. As we should at the game- he deserves that. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t discuss his position on a forum. 

The idea we just accept awful performances because he’s a legend is for the birds. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

. . and another thing. 

I didn’t hear one Sheridan out yesterday. In fact I heard lots of backing for him. As we should at the game- he deserves that. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t discuss his position on a forum. 

The idea we just accept awful performances because he’s a legend is for the birds. 

Said the same myself, couldn't be arsed to boo them off but to be fair the fans haven't turned despite the dross being served up.

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

Clearly there are a number of passionate 'Sheridan out' commentators on this forum and Twitter. Insert the next managers name for future contributions, when they aren't consistently rolling teams over.

I am interested in how many genuine 'Sheridan out' advocates there are, unlikely to include Frank in my view.

The effort to establish a 'Sheridan out' campaign is a disgrace, given the circumstances. I do not believe John signed on for more than one season anyway, with an eye on leaving when this season is resolved i.e. safe in mid table, not involved in the play offs.

Saturday was very poor, threw the game away in ten minutes. Seeing hundreds of supporters leave well before full time will trouble Darren Royle and the Rothwell family.

We have too many players, with a lack of quality, first eleven not good enough to challenge.

The expectation is/was for a few to be leaving, allowing some scope to further overhaul the squad.

I expect more movement in the transfer market, it is too early to judge Shez on his team.

Utter tripe of a statement

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

The signings were Sheridan's and I don't believe the previous regime had any say in which players came to the club. To be fair, I was impressed that Sheridan actually managed to get players to come and they seemed the type the team needed to play in the NL.

What has happened since, I have no idea. I would be interested to give the players a voice so they can tell us exactly why, when they run out onto the pitch, they play like an inept bunch of passionless strangers. Of course, we all know that is not going to happen and we only get one side of the story.

I don't think anyone is trying to establish a "Sheridan Out" campaign, rather we are voicing our frustrations and opinions on a fans forum, which we are all entitled to do. Even if Frank et al. do read this forum, they have their own minds and will do what they need to do, regardless of our ranting.

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Question, Do you honestly think Sheridan & Wright are the right combination to take this club forward….yes or no?

Do I think we should build the next couple of seasons around them to have the best chance of promotion from this league?  To be honest, no.

Do I think we should get rid of them before having a clear strategy in place from the board about how we're going get out of this league?  Definitely not.

Whenever we do call time on Shez's tenure, the next manager or head coach cannot be a short term replacement.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

He has had it all his own way on the playing side, (as he should) and this season he needs to be accountable for the abject performances. 

I don't think we are disagreeing, Shez is shouldering full responsibility.

The circumstances I referred to were limiting Shez in his preparation for this season, which was expected to be with Abdallah in situ.

Fully agree Shez identified his transfer targets, I don't believe he was successful in landing many of his number one choices.

Budget, availability and willingness of players to join Latics on a permanent basis (still a basket case club at that stage) all contributed to the present situation.

Quality loan players were always part of the squad building plan, we need more quality.

Players signed under the new owner will be vital I expect, with a need to move on some before he can reshape the squad.

I struggle with the disrespectful comments on Twitter, writing Shez off as clueless or detached, when I see a man fully committed to serving the club.

3 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Utter tripe of a statement

Thank you @mickjagger

I need to reflect then.

What is the acceptable opinion?

Maybe balance and context have no place in debate, I should go with the official twitter bone headed narrative.

The few hundred 'Shez out' campaigners can't be questioned then.

Right.

5 hours ago, Mayfield said:

We can give him credit and respect for sticking with us but that doesn’t mean we should let him being in charge harm the clubs prospects any further.

If I was hiring, I would want the manager/coach to have a 1year plan, a 3year plan and even a 5year plan. 
Thats not unreasonable and there would definitely be a vast number of young hungry knowledgeable applicants who could implement them.

If you asked Shez, he wouldn’t have any and any neutral interviewing would have him bottom of the pile.

We shouldn’t accept mediocrity because the man has a history with the club, there’s no better time than now to implement steps to transform the club but none of they can happen with Shez, his tactics and approach to man management.

Archived