MATCH: vs Eastleigh (H) 17/09/22

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a good send off. I'm glad we won as people who questioned the theatrical aspect of the day probably had a point. As it happens, we got 3 (and in a relatively entertaining way). All in all, a good day at BP.

Fair play to the kids in the RRE an' all. They're having a laugh and making it fun. Good to see. They're making their own fun and it's undoubtedly helping attendances. The RRE, this season, looks as full as it has ever been.

Praise the Lord.

Subs made all the difference. I’m Fomdop’s biggest critic but he caused them problems, and Stobbs was good too. Vaughan has to be in the match day squad, i’m not saying he’s a starter week in week out but he offers something no one else does.

A fairly even game and Norman made a big save at 2 1.. Our defending for their second was awful. Definitely work to do on the defence. 

Changes 2nd half improved us. Stobbs had a go at the full back and looked a threat. Fondop was able to get in the game and scored after a superb cross from Gardener. Harry showed some neat control and helped us hold the ball a bit. 

A nice way for Sheridan to sign off but again the performance had some worrying signs. The amount of times Eastleigh broke straight through midfield has to be sorted and I'm not sure the formation has suited us.. 

Surprised Wellens got man of the match. Thought he was fairly conservative out wide but improved when he went into midfield and then took his goal well.. 

Lots for new manager to think on. 

As for Eastleigh most cynical team I've seen at this level. Always chirping at the officials and at 2 - 1 any time we built pressure down they went. Ref cottoned onto it eventually. Thought their 7 had. A decent game playing between the lines. 

Absolutely chuffed we got a win for Sheridan. Harry Vaughan is superb. I hope our next manager keeps him in the team.

I was talking to a steward in the RRE and he told me he was racially abused by a lady in the RRE. I saw this steward being wound up most of the first half with those pieces of choreography/display paper. What a disgusting Lady, if the allegation is true. Absolutely not welcome at BP. 

They were a bloody awful side but could have beaten us no doubt….we actually made Cisse look half decent!!!

The way we surrender the midfield is criminal, the new manager has a massive job on his hands and that’s providing after watching that game he still wants the gig!!

Having been otherwise engaged today and watching the various videos on social media I am both gutted I couldn't be there and really glad he got that send off both the result and the lap of honour. 

It's not been a glorious 25 year period in the clubs history but my god it would have been so much worse without him.

Perhaps their is something symbolic here in a way today is the end of an era and hopefully it's the start of a new more successful one.

Enjoy your retirement Shez.

Subs made the difference, Stobbs did particularly well, amazing how you can get a foothold in a game when you put better footballers in the centre of the pitch Wellens and Vaughan added quality to the centre of the park. Gardner looks like he's playing with niggles at times.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Subs made the difference, Stobbs did particularly well, amazing how you can get a foothold in a game when you put better footballers in the centre of the pitch Wellens and Vaughan added quality to the centre of the park. Gardner looks like he's playing with niggles at times.

Gardner looks like he can’t be arsed at times. Was a spectator until he swung his leg at the cross for the second. Caught on the ball a number of times, at least two of which lead to chances for them. Agree he looked injured or just unfit though.

Vaughan showed all the midfield up when he came on… vision, drive, takes care of the ball and finds his man. 

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Having been otherwise engaged today and watching the various videos on social media I am both gutted I couldn't be there and really glad he got that send off both the result and the lap of honour. 

It's not been a glorious 25 year period in the clubs history but my god it would have been so much worse without him.

Perhaps their is something symbolic here in a way today is the end of an era hopefully it's the start of a new more successful one.

Enjoy your retirement Shez.

Nice tribute that

1 minute ago, doctor evil said:

Gardner gets caught on the ball quite a lot because he's the only midfielder who tries to pick a forward pass. We were actually better when we just sacked off the midfield and had Vaughan, wellens and Gardner playing with 0 structure. Shows how well our usual system works. 

I have never seen a game so open. We got lucky that after 60 mins they could not move anymore and looked just as bad as we did when people ran at them. 

Archived