Signing & Player Rumours

Well they are certainly backing Unsworth. Doesn't seem like he'll be going anywhere!

Not sure on Nuttall based on nothing other than what I've read on twitter. Seems 6 of his 9 goals have been penalties this season and whilst he has the attributes, very rarely puts them to use?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm guessing if we are signing players on 3 year deals then the person driving this signing isn't on the verge of being sacked

Who, Steve Thompson 😉

I excitedly asked a Blackpool supporting mate about Nuttall who replied ‘He’s awful, barely a footballer’

4 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Who, Steve Thompson 😉

I excitedly asked a Blackpool supporting mate about Nuttall who replied ‘He’s awful, barely a footballer’

I'm sure we can all think of multiple players who were awful for us but went elsewhere and did well for other clubs or vice versa.

Interesting to know how the dynamic between Thompson and Unsworth works does Thompson work under Unsworth or are they both on the same level and say it's a collective decision on who is signed.

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Who, Steve Thompson 😉

Who fucking cares what a Blackpool supporter thinks? He scored 16 in 27 for them, which is a pretty good return in my opinion but obviously not your mate's opinion. One in three for Scunny, the important bit is that Unsworth uses him properly and not on his own up front with no service.

14 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Who fucking cares what a Blackpool supporter thinks? He scored 16 in 27 for them, which is a pretty good return in my opinion but obviously not your mate's opinion. One in three for Scunny, the important bit is that Unsworth uses him properly and not on his own up front with no service.

He scored 4 in 33 for Blackpool according to Soccerbase...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He scored 4 in 33 for Blackpool according to Soccerbase...

Yes the stats on Wikipedia don't tally for the spell at Blackpool but hopefully he's more of a number 9 and will help get the best out of Reid. (Looked the part for Scunthorpe against us but then again who doesn't)!

Archived