National League Thread

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Based on what though? I think you need a manager who knows this level and I'd prioritise that over everything if I had to recruit a manager for the NL.

So you need a manager who knows this level, presumably one who's been successful at it, but would rather manage at this level than higher?  That would be a short list I'd have thought, even allowing for our massiveness.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So you need a manager who knows this level, presumably one who's been successful at it, but would rather manage at this level than higher?  That would be a short list I'd have thought, even allowing for our massiveness.

Probably but until it's put out there you wouldn't know who'd be interested, we've managed to bring players in some thought may ge out of reach if we advertised for a manager I think we'd have quite an healthy take up and some of those would tick the boxes.

34 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Nah, it'll take him years to turn it round.  He'll be inheriting a terrible squad.  Even with heavy investment, York fans are going to have to be patient...

A bit like us, you mean?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JoeP said:

Exactly.

New manager bounce?  Not a thing.  And if he's rubbish after a long time? Give him more time..

Our new manger bounce after Unsworths appointment was 1 league win at home to Yoevil in his first 12 league games, and 2 penalty shoot out wins against Chester and Peterborough Sports!!

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Our new manger bounce after Unsworths appointment was 1 league win at home to Yoevil in his first 12 league games, and 2 penalty shoot out wins against Chester and Peterborough Sports!!

New manager bounce is a myth. It happens sometimes but much more rarely than is generally assumed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Cant blame them.

Unsworths still available....😉

I'm sure this is said in jest but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he wound up managing them, just in time for when we play them. Funny game, football.

At least he might take Shelton and Sheron off our hands.

47 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'm sure this is said in jest but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he wound up managing them, just in time for when we play them. Funny game, football.

At least he might take Shelton and Sheron off our hands.

as possibly his biggest blind backer and potential love child theory let me be the first to say l'd be stunned if he ever manages again. but l'm often stunned by Football, that's why l love it!