Unsworth

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

our fan base hasn't seen a top half finish in any league for over a decade so a lad whose around 16 wouldn't even have witnessed a season when we've won more than we've lost.

2018/19 if you count cup games :chubb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

The only thing that saved us from a routine home defeat against Notts County was two major cock-ups on their part and the Dorking game seems like a freak result that flattered us (from reports -

I think that you’re trying too hard with this… 

We competed well against Notts County and deserved the draw - so drop that one

And your comments on the Dorking  game are based on reports as you were not there. I was there and to say that we were battered is way off the mark. 

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

He said flattered to be fair.

That is simply not true. Game over at half time, probably after 34 mins. All on them to get a goal, we just simply picked them off. We could have had more goals 2nd half.

Pathetic that we can win an away game in such fashion and still get criticism.

I watched the game, no chance we were ever in danger of not winning  it.

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I think that you’re trying too hard with this… 

We competed well against Notts County and deserved the draw - so drop that one

And your comments on the Dorking  game are based on reports as you were not there. I was there and to say that we were battered is way off the mark. 

Steady on. We were as much of a shambles against Notts as we were against Barnet in November. It was a great win, but we were more than a little bit fortunate...

13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

At the risk of doing a BP1960 Im leaving here now. Far to toxic and full of BS. Shame as it used to be a good place.

I go into hospital on Friday so have bigger issues to deal with.

Good luck all, we all want the same thing (most of us). Ill try to remember the prefiction league 

Good luck with whatever it is you are having to deal with. It would be a shame to let the shit stuff drive you away as all opinions should be considered. In any ordered system [if this place ever was] entropy will raise its ugly head. It's human nature.

Up the Latics..it's what we all want, in the end.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not doing a presser isn't the same as not talking to the players or anyone else and throwing a tantrum though

In the time it took all the players to get off the pitch, and Matt to walk from the rocky to the main stand- I Reckon he had just enough time to say fuck you to the players, before winking at Jeffers. . . Jeffers not knowing what was happening and Unsy’s final words being-

Franny! Let’s bounce. 

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I mean you can but I'm not sure what purpose it serves (other than making yourselves look entitled) and I think the P4P inspectors would be thinking about taking away our best fans in the land privileges...

I’ve just got home- you’ve been busy I see. 😂

Eyrsey- the only fan who is more concerned with trying to wind up fans than he is about winning matches.

Are you taking your autograph book on Saturday? I’m sure Dave, John, and Franny will sign it. 

Maybe, you could write Unsy a little message- something like, thanks for the 3 wins in 20- it’s reminded me of how lucky we are to have you. No one can or should expect better. . not all hero’s wear capes Dave- remember that. 

Edited by League one forever
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

At the risk of doing a BP1960 Im leaving here now. Far to toxic and full of BS. Shame as it used to be a good place.

Good luck all, we all want the same thing (most of us). Ill try to remember the prefiction league 

Hope all goes well in hospital 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Take care chap,hope all goes well.

9 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Sure you've said this before. You'll be back soon enough. Hope Friday is OK...

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Maybe, you could write Unsy a little message- something like, thanks for the 3 wins in 20- it’s reminded me of how lucky we are to have you. No one can or should expect better. . not all hero’s wear capes Dave- remember that. 

Maidstone and Nottingham County were pretty much wins too, then we've got two draws (Chester and Peterbrough) that we ended up winning on pens and that's before we even talk about the 1-1 at Maidenhead that we were told we would definitely have lost earlier in the season. So that makes it 7 and a half wins in 20 and all of a sudden doesn't look too bad...

Take care mate,

Look forward to your return, whenever that might be.

Take care mate, hope all goes well at the hospital.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Eyrsey- the only fan who is more concerned with trying to wind up fans than he is about winning matches.

Are you taking your autograph book on Saturday? I’m sure Dave, John, and Franny will sign it. 

Not bothered about Uno, without the Royle connection he'd probably have already been relieved of his duties.

I think the pod lads have said similar but It is about changing the culture of negativity around the club, fans have to play their part in that, just saying oh win some football matches then isn't enough.

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not bothered about Uno, without the Royle connection he'd probably have already been relieved of his duties.

I think the pod lads have said similar but It is about changing the culture of negativity around the club, fans have to play their part in that, just saying oh win some football matches then isn't enough.

It helps though, doesn't it?

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It is literally all he needs to do. The vocal minority/drunken away supporters won't have anything to heckle him for if he just starts to win more games...

21st century internets; start a passing conversation, usually an opinion, about something (makes it better if the topic is posted on a single focus forum like, oh I don't know, a football teams messageboard where everyone is supposed to be on the same side), then snipe and threaten to knock fuck out of each other because we can't sway other peoples opinion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Definitely not the only one. Good few on here and twitter who care more about being 'right', saying I told you so and tripping others up than supporting Latics.

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

21st century internets; start a passing conversation, usually an opinion, about something (makes it better if the topic is posted on a single focus forum like, oh I don't know, a football teams messageboard where everyone is supposed to be on the same side), then snipe and threaten to knock fuck out of each other because we can't sway other peoples opinion. 

Bit over the top Matt, there has been no violent threats, but I get the point you are trying to make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

I said to Andy, and I’ll say the same to you. 

No football clubs fans,  in the history of football stay positive and encouraging when it’s absolute dross and you lose most weeks. 

When we win- the noise stops. 

When we lose - people moan. 

But as always- you know all this. . . 

. . . . if we did start winning, and the same fans started talking about promotion- you’d be on here like greyhound to tell us all how deluded we are. 😂

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I said to Andy, and I’ll say the same to you. 

No football clubs fans,  in the history of football stay positive and encouraging when it’s absolute dross and you lose most weeks. 

When we win- the noise stops. 

When we lose - people moan. 

But as always- you know all this. . . 

. . . . if we did start winning, and the same fans started talking about promotion- you’d be on here like greyhound to tell us all how deluded we are. 😂

I’ve actually forgotten what supporting a successful club feels like….I’ve been watching absolute dross for so long I don’t even get excited on the rare occasions that we score a goal!!

Almost 30 years of absolute shite and still no signs of any improvement on the pitch.

It’s been that long now, If we ever get up around the top of the league it will be positively orgasmic!!😂😂

• Like 1