Unsworth

32 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Chesterfield and Scunthorpe are two grounds you can near enough guarantee a pitch invasion if any goals are scored.

Yes people shouldn't run on the pitch, but when you have a shite tinpot ground policed by half arsed stewards what do you expect.  Fuck em.

That’s the spirit! No wonder our idiot fans come on the pitch if they have a mindset like yours. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

One of the most shameful post-match interviews I've seen from any manager, and that's saying something.

He expects Chesterfield to win the league - thanks, Dave.

He didn't really see the pitch invasion.

He thinks we got the draw that we deserved.

He whinges about referees again - we know they're not the best, get on with it.

I understand your sentiment. I was fuming during the game. I hate Rhino ball.

The comment about them winning the league can be seen in different ways.

He might not have seen the pitch invasion from ground level and all the activity around the goal.  

We did deserve a draw. What did Chesterfield do to say they dissevered to win? Hudson didn't make a save and...

The referee was shit. That was a foul on Hogan. He's not a cheat. We also should've had a clear penalty on Tuesday. Referees have been shit.

So I understand what you're saying, but we might be a bit unfair, so I've tempered my view. Still, it's a shit style of football. It's not Royle ball, or Frizzell ball or even Dowie ball. It's painful.  

35 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I understand your sentiment. I was fuming during the game. I hate Rhino ball.

The comment about them winning the league can be seen in different ways.

He might not have seen the pitch invasion from ground level and all the activity around the goal.  

We did deserve a draw. What did Chesterfield do to say they dissevered to win? Hudson didn't make a save and...

The referee was shit. That was a foul on Hogan. He's not a cheat. We also should've had a clear penalty on Tuesday. Referees have been shit.

So I understand what you're saying, but we might be a bit unfair, so I've tempered my view. Still, it's a shit style of football. It's not Royle ball, or Frizzell ball or even Dowie ball. It's painful. 

Watch this and tell me if you still think it's a foul on Hogan.

https://twitter.com/ethaggy/status/1692910031212077428?s=20

I would say its not as clear cut as I thought it was.

Edited by IanMarshall's Mullet

15 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

One of the most Shameful etc? Er… slight overreaction there @Worcester Owl don’t you think?

He expects Chesterfield to win the league - so do most people.

He’s probably wiser to deflect the question about the pitch invasion as he almost certainly will have not seen the incident with their keeper.

Nothing shameful about supporting his

players in public, whether we deserved the draw or not 

The referees are bad in this league but it shouldn’t stop the justified criticism

Let’s not look to bash the manager at every turn eh?

I don’t look to bash the manager at every turn. Nothing would please me more than for him to lead a successful team. But for two games in a row he has ignored a poor overall performance and chosen instead to lay into the refereeing, contrary to the FA call for more respect to be shown to officials. He doesn’t need to single out individuals for criticism - he can still admit the team as a whole played badly. The second half, especially after going a goal down, was as bad as anything I’ve seen in recent times.

7 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

He might possibly of had his leg brushed against but went down like a shot stag and that's what put the ref off.

6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don’t look to bash the manager at every turn. Nothing would please me more than for him to lead a successful team. But for two games in a row he has ignored a poor overall performance and chosen instead to lay into the refereeing, contrary to the FA call for more respect to be shown to officials. He doesn’t need to single out individuals for criticism - he can still admit the team as a whole played badly. The second half, especially after going a goal down, was as bad as anything I’ve seen in recent times.

I don’t disagree about the performance of the team after we went a goal down - it was a woeful response. Up ‘til then we had carried out Rhino’s game plan well and really should have been ahead.

I just felt that your assessment of his post match comments was an overreaction. That’s all.

fwiw - the match stats show that we had 7 attempts on goal to their 6  - with each side having a mere 3 on target.

They had 8 corners to our 1 and we had 4 booked to their 0.

In the end, the only stat that matters is the score. 👍

• Like 1

Let's be honest Unsworth got out of jail with a slightly dubious last minute equaliser in what was a turgid back foot performance from the off.

If it had stayed at 1-0 I suspect not many of us would have complained and the atmosphere would have been absolutely toxic towards him at the end.

The knobheads on the pitch have deflected from what was another example of the manager not going out to win an away game, not knowing how to influence a game with changes when things are not working, making tactical and personnel changes that actually made us worse and playing good players out of position in a formation that are not comfortable with.

Yesterday has done nothing but enhance my view that he needs replacing with a more experienced forward thinking manager.

Edited by Londonboy
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Chesterfield and Scunthorpe are two grounds you can near enough guarantee a pitch invasion if any goals are scored.

Yes people shouldn't run on the pitch, but when you have a shite tinpot ground policed by half arsed stewards what do you expect.  Fuck em.

😳?

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

😳?

My comment still stands.  Chesterfield's away end is an issue.  It's not the first time this has happened (Peter Clarke's late goal in 2017 springs to mind).  

If we were in the side stand, that wouldn't of happened yesterday.

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

My comment still stands.  Chesterfield's away end is an issue.  It's not the first time this has happened (Peter Clarke's late goal in 2017 springs to mind).  

Let's not try and make excuses for the inexcusable....

2 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Only an issue if you choose to encroach onto the pitch.

13 hours ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Utter bollocks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

It seems to be that if we have a decent away following and score a late equaliser/winner, there will be a pitch invasion. Bizarre, and sooner or later we could end up in big trouble for it.

Because we have a large number of teenage lads following us.  

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I don’t disagree about the performance of the team after we went a goal down - it was a woeful response. Up ‘til then we had carried out Rhino’s game plan well and really should have been ahead.

I just felt that your assessment of his post match comments was an overreaction. That’s all.

fwiw - the match stats show that we had 7 attempts on goal to their 6  - with each side having a mere 3 on target.

They had 8 corners to our 1 and we had 4 booked to their 0.

In the end, the only stat that matters is the score. 👍

I was genuinely stunned against Aldershot at the way we played- it was everything I was looking for in a team I want to watch. I left the ground buzzing with the performance more than the result. 

But it seems it was anomaly, and we’re back to Rhinoball. So, as I’ve always said we have to win playing that way, because without the result it’s absolutely dreadful to watch.

Lets say Norwood scores that chip and we go in 1-0 up, you can’t argue with it but it’s inescapable that we still would have been dross to watch. We didn’t really engage until they were on our 18 yard, we had no composure to pick simple passes. There was large parts of yesterday that like was a testimonial. I’m desperate to see us evolve but I said last season it will just be Rhinoball again but with better players. And it seems that’s the case. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Last season. What's your point? Blaming stewards or police for people being dicks is bollocks.

So Chesterfield FC doesn't have a duty of care to make sure the players are safe.  Yesterday was avoidable with preventative measures.

1 minute ago, O.A.F.C. said:

So Chesterfield FC doesn't have a duty of care to make sure the players are safe.  Yesterday was avoidable with preventative measures.

Blame the people who acted badly. Anything else is deflection. What do you want, back to cages?

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

How can you possibly blame Chesterfield for the disgraceful behaviour of our fans? That’s ridiculous. The Latics fans who didn’t go on the pitch, and the club, will now be punished for the moronic behaviour of a minority. I don’t care what age they are, everybody knows that pitch invasions are not allowed.

12 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

I couldn't see the touch but Hogan's reaction has convinced me there must've been some contact. 

43 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

How? Without throwing fences back up I can’t see what Chesterfield could have done 

1 hour ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Doesn't help when our own media team have put out loads of videos in the past celebrating the fans going on the pitch with headlines like "limbs!" I remember them doing it for Scunthorpe a couple of seasons ago when Luamba scored the winner and certainly the Clarke was has been promoted numerous times. It's encouraging the idiots to do it. Also, the club decided to rescind bans on fans who had encroached on to the pitch so in many respects the club reaps what it sows. They will have to deal with fines and potential points deductions now.