BPAS PODCAST: 5th Dec '22, S3:E18: Sorry Hole

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, League one forever said:

As a side point. 

Did we figure out who PeteG actually is? 

We’ve got. 

Pete- as in the username. 

Mike- the hotel guy. 

Shitpeas. 

And a late addition from Mr Light- Bradley’s Dad. 

Might be a left field but could he be chaddy the owl? 

It’s a BTec version of the mask singer. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

As a side point. 

Did we figure out who PeteG actually is? 

We’ve got. 

Pete- as in the username. 

Mike- the hotel guy. 

Shitpeas. 

And a late addition from Mr Light- Bradley’s Dad. 

Might be a left field but could he be chaddy the owl? 

that original scary version

39 minutes ago, PeteG said:

YOU don't know me! I'm pointing out about the 2 ex directors asking questions about the lottery.

you are speaking on behalf of @underdog and Mark and publicly stating Underdog and Mark have concerns regarding financial irregularities in the lottery. 

are they OK with this?

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Dean really is precious isn't he? Anyone that disagrees with him, is a dick or full of shit or a shithouse if they don't want to go on HIS podcast to debate it. He's trying to build a business around his podcast, he's serving his own self interests. Says when he challenges anyone they back down, yet on twitter yesterday he challenged someone to meet him in the fans bar and the guy took him up on the offer he suddenly had a change of plans. The guys a clown who nobody knew 18 months ago. People like Bradley Knowles, Nathan Price, George Parkin etc. have travelled more miles and spent more money watching shite in recent years than most and are entitled to voice their opinion even if the powers that be don't like it. Despite the podcast I'd argue their voice will be far more influential amongst the hardcore fanbase than Deans.

44 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not sure that's a very nice way to describe Mark Harrington and @underdogwho both put a lot of time in to the trust over the years.

37 minutes ago, PeteG said:

YOU don't know me! I'm pointing out about the 2 ex directors asking questions about the lottery.

just quoting so they can not be changed. peteg youre on very thin legal ice.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

you are speaking on behalf of @underdog and Mark and publicly stating Underdog and Mark have concerns regarding financial irregularities in the lottery. 

are they OK with this?

Point me to where I said they had concerns regarding financial irregularities you idiot? It was said ex directors of the trust were asking questions about the lottery on the podcast. You called them cretins and obtuse for doing so. Tracy and Mark were both on Twitter last week openly asking questions about it. 

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Great listen as always, so thanks. 

Biggest take aways from it are, Brad well and truly needed calling out. I didn’t understand when the OASF backed him previously saying he is entitled to his views, he is but whilst a director of OASF he should act in a manner which is expected within that role. That doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion, but calling out Unsworth on Twitter, via posting anti Unsworth videos and posts, also sharing some comment about a complaint within OAFC being made about him. He’s highly unprofessional and need removing from OASF. Saying that, OASF have cornered themselves with the statement supporting him, they could use the disclosure of the complaint to get him out of the role he is no longer suited to. 

I think Richard raised a great point. The board do need to come out and provide a plan of what exactly our aim is on the playing side and whether they are going to stick with Unsworth regardless. We started the season with Frank saying we have the players to get out of this league. Granted he was in no position to say that, he may have said it in the moment, however he said it and whether he intended to or not he set expectations. This was then further confirmed when we played Wrexham and in the build up he said we have to succeed given the size of the club ect, fine. 
However, that is not what we are seeing on the pitch. Are we seeing investment in the squad, yeah we absolutely are, but the points or performances are not following, yet. There is a huge disconnect between the boards initial expectations (which may have changed) and the fans expectations. The board between them, need to come up with some statement clearing the situation up. I am firmly in the Unsworth out camp as it stands, though I don’t think it’s helpful or needed that we as fans, boo, sing Sheridan chants, sing anti Unsworth chants. I agree that this only compounds the issue when done at games, though I will openly share my view on a forum such as this. 

The board needs to unite the fans under one objective, because I don’t think we have a clue what to expect given the mixed messages. A simple statement of, it’s not where we want to be, but this year we are fighting for survival with the intention of building a squad to challenge next year. We believe Unsworth is the man, and to support the club and give us time. (Far more articulate than this) 
There is no need for any League 1 in 4 years rubbish, we just need a statement to get behind and believe in for this and next season for now. 

Im afraid if they don’t release something and we continue to lose, as I believe we will, Unsworths time will be up. If you lose the fans, you are fighting an up hill battle, which is very very rarely won. If they want to keep him, back him publicly, give us expectations to judge the man against, and give us as fans an objective to get behind. 

The current situation is not particularly fair on Unsworth, it’s not fair on the fans, and the club will deal with all the emotion from the confusion. 

Like I said, I’m in the Unsworth out camp. But if they provide the statement that is so clearly required to back him with objectives, then I’ll get behind them and the team. Until then, the mess will continue. 

An excellent post and exactly where I'm at.

8 hours ago, PeteG said:

How f***king hypocritical is Matt Dean. It was ok for him to call out for the last 2 years and did nothing to contribute. Clearly calling out Brad, but he was fine with Brad being vocal last year. Unsworth might be a nice guy but his record is terrible, there was no recruitment process and it's going to end in tears.

PGTits

Interesting debate as always. Completely agree that the singing for Shez was unhelpful and just a bit weird at the weekend. Also agree that fans do have a responsibility at games to at least try and get behind players rather than booing whenever something goes wrong.

That being said, we’ve been given nothing at all to sing about and it’s not surprising that frustration boils over. It’s been very noticeable how quiet home and away crowds have been over the past few weeks.

One thing I don’t agree on is the idea that we need to keep Unsworth just so that we’re not sacking managers regularly. There has to be signs of improvement and, like it or not, he has had time to show that by now. I can get the argument to give him the next two home games but that really has to be it if we fail to get 3 points or more from those.

I agrée chopping and changing managers isn’t ideal or what the club would want to do but the evidence so far cannot be ignored for much longer.He’s a worse record than Selim who was also a friend of the owners at the time,statistically he’s probably the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime.

Unsworth must surely go his record is dire, two ingredients of a good manager

1 Organisation/structure on formation of how the team plays, playing defensively and conceding usually two per game whilst not scoring many is recipe for disaster.

2 Motivation getting poor players to look average & average players to look good, the team do not look like the are playing for the manager which is a tad concerning.

I was in the camp let's give him time how much more time do you give him?

His post match press conferences are a concern the same same, he seems at a loss to a solution, citing they are different players on the training ground so why is this?

Ultimately whoever this group of players are they should not be in this position in the league. 

In regards to the podcast which i listen to every week, Matt did not need to call out supporters in the way he did it will not achieve anything, supporters are now understandably disgruntled after the utter tripe in terms of performances.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure I go along with the idea that a supporters trust should be keeping information given to them by the club to themselves.

There has to be a level of trust (pardon the pun). If the club tell the trust members / directors something in confidence, if said trust members then go spouting that around you’ll never get any information out the club and effectively lose any form of meaningful dialogue. End result is far worse. 

Oh, and the fan guest came across very well but nothing will ever change the fact that he was supposed to be a link between the fans and the previous board and he went into hiding when things were at their worst under the previous regime and supporters tried to reach out to him...

1 hour ago, GrahamHughes said:

I agrée chopping and changing managers isn’t ideal or what the club would want to do but the evidence so far cannot be ignored for much longer.He’s a worse record than Selim who was also a friend of the owners at the time,statistically he’s probably the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime.

This is the thing, nobody really wants yet another manager clearly, none of us wanted the team to be second from bottom of the table either, but the comments from Unsworth the other week about fans not being realistic about where we are and how far we’ve fallen. We’ve now fallen even further with him at the helm 12 games or so in with not a flicker of improvement. I’m not buying that being bottom Is a necessary part of the “rebuild”. we should never have been that bad. All I want is mid table or just above this season, comfortable safety. That is not too much to ask.

We are a game or two from being in real trouble. That’s me as a fan being realistic about the management team and the situation we are now in. 

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not sure I go along with the idea that a supporters trust should be keeping information given to them by the club to themselves.

😂 Missed you. 

The only trouble is- nobody said that. . . . . another big call down the pan.

Matt was making the point about  building rapport and trust with the board- so A, they feel they can speak in confidence. And B. That not everything said in private is for public consumption. (Something Brad seems to be struggling with) And strikes me as basic common sense. 

What that doesn’t mean is they’re all meeting around the back of chaddy at midnight to plot together. If something was afoot I’m very confident the trust would tell us. 

Archived