BPAS PODCAST: 5th Dec '22, S3:E18: Sorry Hole

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Absolutely.

They thought they could farm their shit French 5th division clients through the club, sell them on for a profit, then make a pretty penny for themselves. When it didn’t work, they lost interest and treated the club like a verruca on their foot.

Fuck ‘em.

Which players were their clients?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Signed Fondop in January didn't they?

Pete - sometimes, I am in agreement with what you post.

However, your stance regarding the previous owner makes you look stupid. He was the worst owner in our history - by hundreds of country miles. Got us relegated in his first season's ownership and then we were subsequently relegated again out of the professional ranks to be marooned in the sea of utter shite we now find ourselves in.

The club became a laughing stock under him and there was a horrible malaise around the whole set-up. Just a nightmare of a time for Oldham Athletic and anybody who still says they supported the owner or the regime cannot consider themselves to be a true fan in my eyes.

38 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Pete - sometimes, I am in agreement with what you post.

However, your stance regarding the previous owner makes you look stupid. He was the worst owner in our history - by hundreds of country miles. Got us relegated in his first season's ownership and then we were subsequently relegated again out of the professional ranks to be marooned in the sea of utter shite we now find ourselves in.

The club became a laughing stock under him and there was a horrible malaise around the whole set-up. Just a nightmare of a time for Oldham Athletic and anybody who still says they supported the owner or the regime cannot consider themselves to be a true fan in my eyes.

And I've just seen a pig fly over my house - I agree totally :) 

48 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

And I've just seen a pig fly over my house - I agree totally :) 

It's amazing what the festive spirit can achieve! Me and Chaddyexile in agreement - I`ll have a drink to that 😃

4 hours ago, PeteG said:

Are you saying the previous owners didn't have the best intentions? There was no financial gain and they funded the club for 4 years. Mistakes a plenty but bad intentions I don't think so and they weren't afforded any time to right the wrongs of the previous ownership.

Weren't afford any time??? That's beyond hilarious!!

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Stop trying to defend the indefensible they were a bunch of cunts and if you want to associate yourself with trying to defend them on here you'll start to look like one yourself, now pipe down with you're Abdallah had the best interests of the club at heart because you're coming across as very stupid.

start?

5 hours ago, PeteG said:

Are you saying the previous owners didn't have the best intentions? There was no financial gain and they funded the club for 4 years. Mistakes a plenty but bad intentions I don't think so and they weren't afforded any time to right the wrongs of the previous ownership.

The previous owner stopped funding the club when we were relegated from leag 1. From then on the club had to fund itself apart from emergencies. This meant all players on expensive contracts had to go.  Experienced members of staff had to go and often not be replaced.  Money was not spent on any non essential repairs, maintenance etc and suppliers had to wait to be paid.

How the hell do you call that “funding the club for 4 years”?

It is this kind of stupid statement in defence of the old regime that has so many fans on here, suspicious of you and hence the stick you deservedly get.

7 hours ago, PeteG said:

You make me so angry!

They destroyed the reputation of our proud club

They went to war with the fanbase

They employed their ignorant, hopeless, untrained, unqualified, uncommunicative, not fit and proper brother to run the show and sign the players

They relegated us twice, having hamstrung the whole operation by signing up to a loan on punitive terms that they (or perhaps it was you) either didn’t read or understand

Oh yeah, and they got us relegated twice and left us on the brink of insolvency 

where, just where is the ‘best intention’ in that lot?

11 minutes ago, Andy Barlow’s dietician said:

You make me so angry!

They destroyed the reputation of our proud club

They went to war with the fanbase

They employed their ignorant, hopeless, untrained, unqualified, uncommunicative, not fit and proper brother to run the show and sign the players

They relegated us twice, having hamstrung the whole operation by signing up to a loan on punitive terms that they (or perhaps it was you) either didn’t read or understand

Oh yeah, and they got us relegated twice and left us on the brink of insolvency 

where, just where is the ‘best intention’ in that lot?

All this will be lost on the pie guzzler 

9 hours ago, PeteG said:

If you truly believe that I feel sorry for you……..you are truly deluded!😳😳

The only thing I will say for PeteG after reading his alternative version of the recent history of our club is that at least he keeps to the name PeteG. So there is some consistency both to his identity (whoever he is) as well as to the utter tripe that he regularly posts.

I’m uncomfortable with the way you’re giving ibby rope to hang himself. He’s clearly retarded and you are having a good laugh at him. It’s akin to playground bullying imo. Unless you know him and know he’s not got some sort of mental issue then it’s just nonsense. Not a good look either way. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’m uncomfortable with the way you’re giving ibby rope to hang himself. He’s clearly retarded and you are having a good laugh at him. It’s akin to playground bullying imo. Unless you know him and know he’s not got some sort of mental issue then it’s just nonsense. Not a good look either way. 

@BPAS

13 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It would be a much more valid point if you hadn't used the word "retarded"...

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

a person who has an intellectual disability (often used as a general term of abuse)

Archived