BPAS PODCAST: 5th Dec '22, S3:E18: Sorry Hole

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

😂 Missed you. 

The only trouble is- nobody said that. . . . . another big call down the pan.

Matt was making the point about  building rapport and trust with the board- so A, they feel they can speak in confidence. And B. That not everything said in private is for public consumption. (Something Brad seems to be struggling with) And strikes me as basic common sense. 

What that doesn’t mean is they’re all meeting around the back of chaddy at midnight to plot together. If something was afoot I’m very confident the trust would tell us. 

It is a supporters trust, not a private members club.

Anything of note that gets said, good or bad, should be out in the open for public consumption.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Oh, and the fan guest came across very well but nothing will ever change the fact that he was supposed to be a link between the fans and the previous board and he went into hiding when things were at their worst under the previous regime and supporters tried to reach out to him...

Bit weird he was unaware of Selim being manager during that period. Put it down to quiz pressure. 

17 minutes ago, True Tic said:

This is the thing, nobody really wants yet another manager clearly, none of us wanted the team to be second from bottom of the table either, but the comments from Unsworth the other week about fans not being realistic about where we are and how far we’ve fallen. We’ve now fallen even further with him at the helm 12 games or so in with not a flicker of improvement. I’m not buying that being bottom Is a necessary part of the “rebuild”. we should never have been that bad. All I want is mid table or just above this season, comfortable safety. That is not too much to ask.

We are a game or two from being in real trouble. That’s me as a fan being realistic about the management team and the situation we are now in. 

100% agree,the performances and results have gone backwards despite him being backed massively.I’d say he’s got this month to get some results or they’ll have to make a change.Shez had release clauses in his contract Im sure this guy will have aswell,albeit he’s already earning more than Shez and Tommy combined!

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Anything of note that gets said, good or bad, should be out in the open for public consumption.

Brilliant. 😂

Perhaps all the trust could walk around with dictaphones - then we could make sure absolutely nothing is missed. If it gets really juicy- set up a live feed to twitter. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Brilliant. 😂

Perhaps all the trust could walk around with dictaphones - then we could make sure absolutely nothing is missed. If it gets really juicy- set up a live feed to twitter. 

Unless they are discussing matters of national security then there's no reason why anything said can't be openly shared.

D. Royle clearly doesn't want anyone involved rocking the boat though judging by his actions though...

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

l think that is exactly what they said, if it is pertinent we will be told. if it turns out Rhino has seven sugars and he says 'dont share that, lm embarrassed' then in the interests of cordial relationships we can survive without knowing.

after all they have done lm prepared to trust (ffs theres no other word really) that if we should know about something then we will know about it.

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

As a side point. 

Did we figure out who PeteG actually is? 

We’ve got. 

Pete- as in the username. 

Mike- the hotel guy. 

Shitpeas. 

And a late addition from Mr Light- Bradley’s Dad. 

Might be a left field but could he be chaddy the owl? 

Captain Wheezy-Birkett.

Multiple Accounts Mick

Partington- Leader of the Realistic Fucktards.

Any of the more vocal on social media members of the Realistic Fucktards.

51 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Unless they are discussing matters of national security then there's no reason why anything said can't be openly shared.

D. Royle clearly doesn't want anyone involved rocking the boat though judging by his actions though...

Yeah- clearly 😂. It’s probably why he goes on podcasts. Just so no one REALLY knows what’s happening. 

Maybe he’s a smokescreen, and doesn’t actually work for the club? Why don’t you write to him and see if you get reply- but he invites you in for a chat- don’t go- that way it keeps the mystery going in your head. 

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I don't think he is. Had he been given the financial backing that DU has been given, I think we'd be in a play-off position now under Shez.

We forget Shez's hand was forced in that, under the previous regime, he had to simply acquire the numbers to put a team out - any team. It was shit, but let's not forget he got considerably more (points wise) out of shit than Unsworth has out of better shit.

P.S. I think the singing for him was hypocritical in the extreme - i.e. probably the same people that were saying he was a dinosaur and anyone else would get a better tune out of the squad etc. - how foolish all that now looks.

Even Pep Guardiola wouldn't have this lot in the playoffs... 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Oh, and the fan guest came across very well but nothing will ever change the fact that he was supposed to be a link between the fans and the previous board and he went into hiding when things were at their worst under the previous regime and supporters tried to reach out to him...

Was he? I thought he was called a fan representative rather than a fans' representative. Very different.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Was he? I thought he was called a fan representative rather than a fans' representative. Very different.

The club put him in meetings with PTB and possibly the Trust as a link between fans and the club. He became John Doe when the crap really hit the fan...

9 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

is 'grim up north' on twitter this weeks guest on the pod or am l getting confused by 'thanks for having me as a guest' and he was on it a different week?

Referring to when he was a guest previously..

Just caught up on last nights Phone in. 

Some good calls and debate this week and a clear split in the fan base.

Ryan I think made a good point saying we can't blame AL if we do actually go down this season which I fully agree with.

Last season 100% yes as he strangled the club, but it's on Frank and the Royles this season I'm affriad if the unthinkable happens, whatever they decide to do from here.

Actually I don't even blame AL, even though he was completely incompetent at running a football club,  for our relegation from League 1.

He invested heavily and gave Wellens a squad that should have been challenging for promotion not fighting relegation that season. Wellens was out of his depth then, not dissimilar to Unsworth today.

He was just a cock after this!

And for the record I'm just about on the Stick side of the debate, as I'm not sure we could find, or anyone with the right credentials would want to come,  to get us out of the mess we are in!

13 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Just caught up on last nights Phone in. 

Some good calls and debate this week and a clear split in the fan base.

Ryan I think made a good point saying we can't blame AL if we do actually go down this season which I fully agree with.

Last season 100% yes as he strangled the club, but it's on Frank and the Royles this season I'm affriad if the unthinkable happens, whatever they decide to do from here.

Actually I don't even blame AL, even though he was completely incompetent at running a football club,  for our relegation from League 1.

He invested heavily and gave Wellens a squad that should have been challenging for promotion not fighting relegation that season. Wellens was out of his depth then, not dissimilar to Unsworth today.

He was just a cock after this!

And for the record I'm just about on the Stick side of the debate, as I'm not sure we could find, or anyone with the right credentials would want to come,  to get us out of the mess we are in!

My opinion of Wellens as well as that whole squad is that they jacked it in due to the outside interference, at Northampton they hardly lifted a leg when they should of been fighting for their lives.

Archived