MATCH: Chesterfield (A) 25/02/23

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Don't talk bollocks of course I enjoyed the win, I never said I didn't. I just don't think that the way the team is set up, the tactics employed, the lack of entertaining football is pleasing the fans too much. You only have to look at all the moans and groans on here, yes me included. Another win tomorrow night please.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get anything tomorrow night,

Getting out of there with a draw would be an achievement but you just never know, bit like Saturday.

55 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Barnet lost to Torquay a week and a bit ago, they ain't that good.  Laurie Walker in goal

Bit hit & miss but some excellent wins and coming straight off the back of a

4-1

They're 4th in the table for a good reason.

I'd be very happy with a point here, three would be an outstanding effort.

Positives

We really should be going to win, thIs the NL, it’s shite apart from Notts County and the Apple Allstars who are operating on a different budget

Backed by our phenomenal away support* this is an away banker

Negatives

……….* we have apparently sold 76 tickets for tomorrow, although I haven’t bought my 3 yet

Its going to be cold and zero atmosphere with our none existent away support

We won’t get away with defending all game again 

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Positives

We really should be going to win, thIs the NL, it’s shite apart from Notts County and the Apple Allstars who are operating on a different budget

Negatives

……….* we have apparently sold 76 tickets for tomorrow, although I haven’t bought my 3 yet

If it was a Saturday game*, I'm sure we would have took 3/400, Tuesday nights aren't the best for our younger supporters and those in work. 

*train strikes permitting. 

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If it was a Saturday game*, I'm sure we would have took 3/400, Tuesday nights aren't the best for our younger supporters and those in work. 

thats true! 

We took 186 to Boreham Wood in early December on a Tuesday night so I’d expect the same number at Barnet but we’ll see. 

6 hours ago, disjointed said:

Club coach which I always go on isn't running 

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Club coach which I always go on isn't running 

This new policy of cancelling away travel if they are not profitable is really poor imho….surely work out the cost for the season and accept that the full ones subsidise the midweek ones. I know we should be run as a financially prudent/stable business but this approach is not good and seems at odds with Frank’ go for it attitude to life 

13 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

thats true! 

We took 186 to Boreham Wood in early December on a Tuesday night so I’d expect the same number at Barnet but we’ll see. 

I’ll have a guess that we might have similar to Gateshead last Tuesday.

Barnet one of the easier Southern matches to get to. 4 of us setting off at 1-30 and meeting up with a few we know down there. COYB

15 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Positives

Negatives

It looked about 80ish when I bought my two last night. We've got a small section of the 1,600 seater away stand.

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

This new policy of cancelling away travel if they are not profitable is really poor imho….surely work out the cost for the season and accept that the full ones subsidise the midweek ones. I know we should be run as a financially prudent/stable business but this approach is not good and seems at odds with Frank’ go for it attitude to life 

Agree with this completely. Add a quid to the cost of the popular games and subsidise. Otherwise you exclude those who can't feasibly get to games by other means.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Know it was brought up at the January meeting with Darren Royle but this is something the Foundation should be getting involved with and pushing back on harder, there has to be a coach available for every away game.

Quite correct Eyresy. As a football club I think they have an obligation towards the fans on this point. 

Tricky one for the club this. I'm sure I read somewhere that even the busy coaches pretty much just cover costs. So there's no overall surplus that can be used to pay for the ones that only have a few on them.

Plus what's the bottom limit? If they put on a coach but only one person books it they'd be spending thousands to taxi one person on a few hours round trip. It'd be cheaper for them to book that person an actual taxi.  It's not fair on the club to ask them to send a full size coach to every game irrespective of how many fans are actually on it.

I think the only way forward is for the club and OASF to get their heads together and work out a way of doing it. Ideally there should be official travel available to all games somehow. Could a local company supply the club with a mini bus as part of a sponsorship package and could OASF organise a rota of volunteer qualified drivers? Just to cover the games where a full size official club coach is unlikely to be sold out.

36 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Tricky one for the club this. I'm sure I read somewhere that even the busy coaches pretty much just cover costs. So there's no overall surplus that can be used to pay for the ones that only have a few on them.

Plus what's the bottom limit? If they put on a coach but only one person books it they'd be spending thousands to taxi one person on a few hours round trip. It'd be cheaper for them to book that person an actual taxi.  It's not fair on the club to ask them to send a full size coach to every game irrespective of how many fans are actually on it.

I think the only way forward is for the club and OASF to get their heads together and work out a way of doing it. Ideally there should be official travel available to all games somehow. Could a local company supply the club with a mini bus as part of a sponsorship package and could OASF organise a rota of volunteer qualified drivers? Just to cover the games where a full size official club coach is unlikely to be sold out.

Stop being shit on the pitch and you'll never hit that scenario.

Archived